ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Bienemy

Mahomes is making Bienemy look like a good OC. He should take every interview and free steak dinner afterwards, politely decline the offer, stay with the Chiefs for as long as he can.
Right...unless the money is just bonkers.

Signing a deal for 50 million, and you get it all even if you fail, is not a bad option.

I listen to Dan Patrick every morning. He comes on here at 6:00am. Then when I am out and about Gottleib and a little Cowherd. If you believe these three talking heads, they have all said it, Eric does not interview very well and is vague on a plan to turn a team around.
Eric Bienemy is exactly where he needs to be. If Andy Reid fell over dead tomorrow, the Chiefs would be reluctant to name him their new head coach.

In no way would we want Eric Bienemy.. I pity who ever does for a head coach..

Dude...or dudette....that's just crazy. His career speaks for itself.
Andy Reid pre-Mahomes:
183 wins over nearly 20 years, only one Super Bowl appearance.

Jeff Fisher :
175 wins over nearly 20 years, only one Super Bowl appearance.

yes, Reid is better, but not by a lot. difference is Fisher lost the fire, and Andy Reid lucked into Mahomes. without him, Reid would be sitting home, and might be able to better manage his shitshow of a family.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard and WHCSC
without Mahomes he’s a slightly better Jeff Fisher.

not a bad coach, but not as great as he’s made out to be either.
Somebody doesn’t understand football🙄

Fisher is a .500 coach - .512 to be precise. Big Red is .604 without Mahomes.
Andy has 13 playoff appearances in 19 seasons without Mahomes. Fisher has six playoff appearances in 21 seasons.

Saying Andy Reid is slightly better than Jeff Fisher is like saying Warren Buffet has slightly more in his investment portfolio than I do.

Last edited:
Bienemy gets passed over every year for coaching gigs. He is always the next hot guy in the NFL yet nobody hires him. Probably because they come to realize he is not the OC only relays calls between Reid and Mahomes. Wish someone would hire him so the Chiefs get a extra 3 rd pick

Reactions: dinglefritz

Andy has 13 playoff appearances in 19 seasons without Mahomes. Fisher has six playoff appearances in 21 seasons.

Saying Andy Reid is slightly better than Jeff Fisher is like saying Warren Buffet has slightly more in his investment portfolio than I do.
no need to be pissy.

8.2/16 = 0.512
9.7/16 = 0.606

sorry to burst your bubble, but being less than 2 wins better per year is quite literally "slightly better"

Not getting into the conversation, but 2 games better in the NFL is not slightly better. That's a pretty big jump. Difference of being a front runner playoff team and a borderline wild card/missing playoff team. Huge difference of perception in the NFL.

without Mahomes he’s a slightly better Jeff Fisher.

not a bad coach, but not as great as he’s made out to be either.
Most coaches look great when they're coaching a once in a generation type talent.

Bill Belichick, NFL coaching legend, has a 71-81 (.467) all time record when coaching games where his QB was not Tom Brady.

When his QB was Tom Brady, he went 219-66 (.768).

Bo Pelini looked like he knew defense when Suh was here. Once he left, we got torched regularly, just like his subsequent defenses at YSU and LSU did.

no need to be pissy.

8.2/16 = 0.512
9.7/16 = 0.606

sorry to burst your bubble, but being less than 2 wins better per year is quite literally "slightly better"
I prefer “snark” to pissy but sure, OK. Without snark this time. The difference here is quite literally 10%. 1.5 wins a season is a big deal in the NFL especially when we’re talking about a bit over 8 versus almost 10. One is a playoff team and the other is not. But over time that difference really shows up and it is huge.

Jeff Fisher 173-165-1
Andy Reid 183-120-1 (without Mahomes)

If Mahomes quit today, Andy Reid would have to lose 54 consecutive games with Chad Henne at quarterback to fall to .512 winning percentage without Mahomes.

That is not a slight difference to me, but your mileage may vary.

still wrong, Reid isn’t fit to touch the jock of guys like Tony Dungy even.

that’s like arguing that a 7-5 coach is somehow worlds better than a 6-6 coach. y’all must love Matt Campbell lol

I get most of you are Chiefs homers but there’s nothing wrong with admitting that Mahomes bailed out his legacy. Reid never wins a Super Bowl without the greatest QB in the league

Jim Caldwell > Andy Reid

where Reid excels the most is finding coaches that are better than him (Gruden, Peterson, etc)

I won't argue that he's great at knowing his limitations in that way. he just loses some points for raising two deadbeat sons, one of whom was a nepotism hire before he nearly killed a little girl acting like an idiot.

as it stands, he's borderline top 5 in the AFC. Jim Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, and Sean McDermott are clearly superior. Mike McDaniels appears to be trending that way, arguably Frank Reich too.

still wrong, Reid isn’t fit to touch the jock of guys like Tony Dungy even.

that’s like arguing that a 7-5 coach is somehow worlds better than a 6-6 coach. y’all must love Matt Campbell lol

I get most of you are Chiefs homers but there’s nothing wrong with admitting that Mahomes bailed out his legacy. Reid never wins a Super Bowl without the greatest QB in the league

Jim Caldwell > Andy Reid
Geezus dude you couldn't be more wrong. It's almost embarrassing. I'm not a Chiefs homer but you are completely clueless.

Andy Reid Mahomes > Jim Caldwell P. Manning

Not sure if you remember Manning had a hall of fame Career and Caldwell single handily cost the Colts a shot at the Superbowl with Manning on the sidelines. Look I get it you hate Reid. That's why you bought his family into this. When this is a discussion about coaching. But geezus man don't ignore facts because if hatred.

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
where Reid excels the most is finding coaches that are better than him (Gruden, Peterson, etc)

I won't argue that he's great at knowing his limitations in that way. he just loses some points for raising two deadbeat sons, one of whom was a nepotism hire before he nearly killed a little girl acting like an idiot.

as it stands, he's borderline top 5 in the AFC. Jim Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, and Sean McDermott are clearly superior. Mike McDaniels appears to be trending that way, arguably Frank Reich too.
Awww I should have waited a few minutes before I posted. You post with feelings not facts. Got it

I bet you’re closer to Warren than you’re letting on! 😁

Reactions: HuskerJag
EB has been sought after all over the place. Something is wrong with Eric.
Peter principle. He's been promoted to his respective level of incompetence. Another rung up the ladder for him would be disastrous for any organization willing to take the risk. I could be wrong. I'm not.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT