ADVERTISEMENT

Equipment question

LovNit

Walk On
Jan 2, 2004
Did anyone else notice the large bump on the backs of all NU players? Could this actually be a form of tracking device to monitor players directions/reactions? Is it a safety device of sorts? It seems odd to me.

Did anyone else notice the large bump on the backs of all NU players? Could this actually be a form of tracking device to monitor players directions/reactions? Is it a safety device of sorts? It seems odd to me.

Might be. With our S&C coach coming from USC, he could have been in on this before coming here.

If it is what I am thinking, it IS a tracking device that will monitor players movements and energy used. The have been using these for the last 2-3 years I think. This is suppose to cut down on injuries and allows the trainers and coaches to know when a player has used up most of his energy. It is actually pretty cool stuff, they can also measure the force of the hits that players deliver and take.

Basically it is like having a video game energy level on a real life player.

Hunchback response is very underrated. Also, as an aside, if he is a hunchback from the land of Dissneigh, he could serenade the opposing team after each bonecrushing hit and really take the mental game to another level.

ADVERTISEMENT