ADVERTISEMENT

Enough of the politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not political but I have no use for people who use their positions to make changes they want or feel are important while denying the attention to the main thing they were hired to nurture. I could be wrong but by all appearances and reports, I cannot support Warren even a little bit, no matter how much money comes our way. Just my opinion of course which so far, I am allowed to have.

He didn't say anything about swinging an election. He is encouraging kids to vote. Pretending he's pushing an pro Dem or pro Rep agenda is nonsense.

According to Yahoo sports he did... How is encouraging kids to vote swinging the election then.

The political hijacking of posts is making me less likely to visit it. It’s unbearable to see people who inject politics into every aspect of their lives. Life should be about way more than politics. Let those of us who come here for sports be here without dragging every discussion into it.
I spent a long weekend with a friend I had been close to, but hadn't seen for 30 years. We had a ball. Toward the end of our time together he mentioned he belonged to a group that meant his politics were 180 degrees from mine. Who cares? I guess he and I both came from an era when your politics, religion, marital problems, and sex kinks were something you didn't talk about 24/7 with anybody who was willing to listen.

4-1598248193465.jpeg

I used to think sports was apolitical.

I do not anymore.

How do we speak of Big10 or Husker football without a recognition that sport has been politicized?

Sucks but that is the truth.

The decision to not have football in the Big10 was a political act by definition as there was a vote.

How do we not discuss that?
Go Blue!

Reactions: TruHusker
According to Yahoo sports he did... How is encouraging kids to vote swinging the election then.
No he didn't. No wonder our democracy is flaming. You WANT to believe that Warren is on the stump like some demonic blend of Bernie Sanders and Al Sharpton. But read the damn article and use your head. Do you think a new conference commish is going to come out and lobby athletes to vote for one party or the other?

Reactions: 9and4
I’ve done a lot of deleting and have given out some short vacations because some of you couldn’t stop the politics crap. You can talk the Big Ten’s decision to cancel football, you can discuss Covid(civilly), you can talk Husker football, etc but stop with the political crap. There is no place for that here. If you want politics then pay for a premium membership and talk about it on The Open Scrolls.
I’ve done a lot of deleting and have given out some short vacations because some of you couldn’t stop the politics crap. You can talk the Big Ten’s decision to cancel football, you can discuss Covid(civilly), you can talk Husker football, etc but stop with the political crap. There is no place for that here. If you want politics then pay for a premium membership and talk about it on The Open Scrolls.
Wait this is a Nebraska site?!?

Reactions: TheBeav815
No he didn't. No wonder our democracy is flaming. You WANT to believe that Warren is on the stump like some demonic blend of Bernie Sanders and Al Sharpton. But read the damn article and use your head. Do you think a new conference commish is going to come out and lobby athletes to vote for one party or the other?
Do you really think he is being altruistic and apolitical? He absolutely has an agenda. You just choose not to see it. It would be idiotic to come out and say “I want to get Trump out of office!” By him saying “I want all our athletes to vote” he seemingly has no agenda... but the overwhelming sentiment at the B1G universities is liberal... now what do you think the majority of the athletes will vote due to the constant liberal influence?

Get your head out of the sand.

If only there was an endless supply of other free social media sites and forums where people could back-pat themselves for affirming their preconceived notions and name call those who are unlike them. But alas, no other such thing exists.

This football board is the ONLY place to discuss everything, so it's simply impossible. Something something ignoring how the mods of the free board are not the people who run the site and post the articles. Something else disregarding that the first amendment doesn't mean websites have to let you say whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT