ADVERTISEMENT

Enough of the politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaz36

Nebraska Legend
Staff
May 2, 2005
I’ve done a lot of deleting and have given out some short vacations because some of you couldn’t stop the politics crap. You can talk the Big Ten’s decision to cancel football, you can discuss Covid(civilly), you can talk Husker football, etc but stop with the political crap. There is no place for that here. If you want politics then pay for a premium membership and talk about it on The Open Scrolls.

I’ve done a lot of deleting and have given out some short vacations because some of you couldn’t stop the politics crap. You can talk the Big Ten’s decision to cancel football, you can discuss Covid(civilly), you can talk Husker football, etc but stop with the political crap. There is no place for that here. If you want politics then pay for a premium membership and talk about it on The Open Scrolls.
Agree. But tough given some of the facts.

We gotta pay to bitch?? Lol

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I’d expect the same half dozen guys that inject politics into every thread to get a clue and knock it off. Make that 5 now.

Yeah, that question was legitimate; posting stuff on this site and then saying “sorry, it’s off limits” is, at best, silly. Not to mention, just because some things are debatable, doesn’t necessarily make them political.

100% agreed

I’d expect the same half dozen guys that inject politics into every thread to get a clue and knock it off. Make that 5 now.
I’ll admit I’m probably one, but the other guy started it. Seriously I’ll refrain, we need some sports so we can complain about chins bad defense of frosts poor play call. Boy do I earn for those days again

I’ll admit I’m probably one, but the other guy started it. Seriously I’ll refrain, we need some sports so we can complain about chins bad defense of frosts poor play call. Boy do I earn for those days again

the worst part is wed still see or hear it that even if we were wining 9-11 games. We have several people on here that dissect every movement our coaches and players make like they have a real life to live.

Reactions: Baxter48
Betting lines for opening weekend are up!

Huskers and all of the B1G won’t be missed by regions where they’re playing. Bunch of own-fart-sniffing holier than thou snobs looking down their noses at the unwashed masses while never winning anything meaningful anyway.

I think if it's kept civil their should be some allowances made for political and covid since its all related
If the powers that be decide that this will be allowed, we will allow it, but as of now it is not allowed and we will be deleting as much political stuff as possible and hand out suspensions where warranted. Our reports have gone up 10x with people fed up with the political stuff on this board. I’m sorry but it’s time to put it to a stop.

If the powers that be decide that this will be allowed, we will allow it, but as of now it is not allowed and we will be deleting as much political stuff as possible and hand out suspensions where warranted. Our reports have gone up 10x with people fed up with the political stuff on this board. I’m sorry but it’s time to put it to a stop.
Understood. I just feel with no football, covid and politics all tied together it makes sense to allow some room for discussion. JMHO

I'm telling you Kaz, if you need a Deputy to monitor the board, make me a Moderator and the garbage will be taken out! ;)

Reactions: kaz36
The political hijacking of posts is making me less likely to visit it. It’s unbearable to see people who inject politics into every aspect of their lives. Life should be about way more than politics. Let those of us who come here for sports be here without dragging every discussion into it.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Yes....I long for the days when Nebraska actually played football and the board was mostly about that with an occasional yoga pants thread thrown in.
ahh the yoga pants threat, brings back great memories... why can’t we get back to the good old days of football and smoking hot chicks in yoga pants?

Reactions: bigboxes
the 11 B1G presidents, prior to voting no to football:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, that question was legitimate; posting stuff on this site and then saying “sorry, it’s off limits” is, at best, silly. Not to mention, just because some things are debatable, doesn’t necessarily make them political.

Agreed.

I understand the hard spot the mods are in. I know some of the stuff I've posted have ended up going that way, apologies. I think the mods see the difference between posting something that has merit vs someone making purely political comments.

If this shut down of Husker athletics does boil down to political posturing then I don't know how the powers that be can expect there not to be political postings. Parties outside of this site and the fans, who do the posting, at that point have made it impossible to skirt around their BS. Either those who are politicking using college/Husker sports or those lying about politicking using college/Husker sports.

I'm just going to say I would not be surprised at either. Which is why I also don't watch the news.

And if it turns out to be true that politics were the motivation for the shutdown then I will have to change my mind on the long and short term merits of Nebraska's involvement with the Big 10.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT