ADVERTISEMENT

End of 2017 - Tennessee- Nebraska

Redmich

Senior
Jun 21, 2022
both in similar circumstances at the end of 2017

one was able to objectively evaluate their situation in 2020 after 3 years and realize they had a dud and move on

the other didn’t have the ability to be objective because of a continued blind spot when it comes to former huskers and allowed the program to further deteriorate for 2 more years

one is now highly relevant 5 years later and going toe to toe with Alabama - the other not so much

Last edited:
I remember posters making fun of Heupel on here after he got hired to replace SF,😀 saying how fat he’s gotten. Anyways, just because you’re fit doesn’t mean you can coach, obviously!!

I remember posters making fun of Heupel on here after he got hired to replace SF,😀 saying how fat he’s gotten. Anyways, just because you’re fit doesn’t mean you can coach, obviously!!
I bet Frost spent a lot of time keeping fit.

You're right, fat doesn't disqualify your coaching abilities, it just makes you disgusting.

one was able to objectively evaluate their situation in 2020 after 3 years and realize they had a dud and move on

the other didn’t have the ability to be objective because of a continued blind spot when it comes to former huskers and allowed the program to further deteriorate for 2 more years

one is now highly relevant 5 years later and going toe to toe with Alabama - the other not so much
You my friend are absolutely correct

Yeah well it happened. Not much we can do about it now is there?

Yeah well it happened. Not much we can do about it now is there?
If we get back to national relevance I would love it to be under Trev and Mickey.

I do question if the university is capable of putting outcomes over alumni however.
I’m pretty gun shy about a repeat of past years where losses and sub .500 seasons are minimized in order to protect former players. Or worse - annual 7-9win seasons become good enough and before you know it we are Iowa

Those things don't have any effect on one's ability to coach. But Heupel is way too fat. Talk about letting yourself go.

Hires are a gamble - the key is to recognize when your coach isn’t the guy and move on rather than giving someone an extra 2 years to bury your program simply because he used to play there
Yep. I have no problem with the Frost hire even in hindsight. He was an alum who just went undefeated at Central Florida. I do have a major problem with him getting an extension and him getting 5 years. He should have not gotten an extension and should have been fired after the pandemic losing season.

ADVERTISEMENT