ADVERTISEMENT

Elliot N?

Pro_V_DMB

Senior
Jan 4, 2017
Sources are saying former ND safeties coach Bob Elliot will join Husker staff

If true I'm happy with the hire. We've got our stud DB recruiter on staff already. This hire is Diacos former right hand man at ND and a veteran coach that knows the postion well

Reactions: Blackshirt30
Get him on board and set the table for the transition on D in spring ball.

having a second guy able to teach what you're doing can't hurt...

honestly i'm more worried about what we'll do with the tenth position in april ... this one i'm willing to trust the guy we're paying.

i'd love that tenth guy to be yet another crazy good recruiter. the more the merrier.

honestly i'm more worried about what we'll do with the tenth position in april ... this one i'm willing to trust the guy we're paying.

i'd love that tenth guy to be yet another crazy good recruiter. the more the merrier.

Tenth will be Tavita

Have to admit I am more than a little disappointed in the hire of an "older" coach. Want to see a staff a ace recruiters who will burn the midnight oil getting us talent we so badly need on this team.

Reactions: ssmill777
Have to admit I am more than a little disappointed in the hire of an "older" coach. Want to see a staff a ace recruiters who will burn the midnight oil getting us talent we so badly need on this team.
So you want ten guys that can find all the most extravagant ingredients to make the most sophisticated foods, but want no one who knows how to prepare/cook it?

Sources are saying former ND safeties coach Bob Elliot will join Husker staff
Great hire. He can coach and he'll bring a lot of wisdom to the room, someone that can not only develop players but also younger coaches in their 30's that have a lot to learn.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I think we can oficially retire that phrase in regards to Riley at this point. It seems rather obviois he isn't just cashing checks or helping his buddies.
Not Riley - Diacos buddy this guy is 63 and 3 years from remove from coaching. He was put into a made up role because ND went younger

I'm guessing we'll have to hire people on a new TV show, like 'The Voice'. Mike Riley will only see recruiting rankings and his units rankings, while not seeing the candidates face or name.

It's the only logical thing to cure these check cashing, buddy lovers.;)

Seems like Elliott might be especially good at game planning and strategy along with his role of position coach and recruiting.

Personally, I would like to see us going after strong recruiters in the assistant positions, but this is Riley's call (and whoever he's invited into the discussion). I wouldn't think Riley has a free pass to lose a bunch of games this year. Installing a new defense, every offensive skill position starter graduating and gone (with the exception of Morgan), there's still a lot riding on this year being a successful season.

So, given multiple ways to go that could be either promising or lead to failure, hiring Elliott at least looks like it could be a promising path.

Do we know for a fact this guy is a terrible recruiter?? Seems like he pulled his weight at ND looking at who he was in on.

I would say we don't know if he's terrible, if he's great, or somewhere in between. Just a quick glance at his time at ND, he was involved in recruiting high ranked players in relatively lower volume.

After reading some posts in this thread and threads like this one, it has yet again been reaffirmed to me that our fan base is insanely stubborn. We might seem like the "greatest fans in college football" but when our "fans" are met with the slightest bit of change (coaching searches, 17-year-old kids not making up their mind, scheme changes), our "fans" sit at their keyboards and yelp and whine about it. News flash: our staff isn't going anywhere.

One year ago, if you would have told me that our defensive staff would consist of Bob Diaco, John Parrella, Donté Williams, Trent Bray and Bob Elliot, I would have told you that you were insane and that there was no way Riley would fire Mark Banker or Hank Hughes. These coaching hires tell me Riley is serious about having a national title contender in Lincoln.

I am excited as heck to have Bob Elliot coach our defense. Welcome Coach Elliot, coach our young blackshirts back to dominance and prominence!

Last edited:

Is the 10th assistant in play? It hasn't been ratified has it? If another assistant is added, I would wanna see him help Cavanaugh on the O-line.

Reactions: scarletred
Looks like a has been or a buddy hire
Ugh; he has an outstanding resume. Not sure you have researched, or even given serious consideration to the threads here. HCMR just cleared out some buddies that were given their shot and didn't meet a high standard. IMO, all recent hires represent great quick turnaround coaches and also great recruiters. This hire is all about turning this defense around NOW. His resume and experience are throughout the 500 mile radius and the contacts should be huge for recruiting - and he may not always be the guy in the living rooms he gains access too.Think of all the H S coaches he has coached, not just our D C.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Not Riley - Diacos buddy this guy is 63 and 3 years from remove from coaching. He was put into a made up role because ND went younger
You think the kidney transplant had anything to do with this ? And maybe some politics or whatever

Right now the most important matter is to get the defense installed and to have coaches in the system that know what they are doing teaching it. I don't want to come on RSS next fall reading posters complaining that the players don't understand the system because the coaches are not on the same page.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT