ADVERTISEMENT

Eligibility Question

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
Say a guy plays four years without redshirting. Under the current rules, could that player participate in not more than 4 games the 5th year or is it one of those things where once you have four seasons of eligibility used up, you're done?

Extreme rare event where this would occur and wouldn't be good for team chemistry, more of a curiosity inquiry.

Reactions: anon_d3ycxo0rdg6ko
Say a guy plays four years without redshirting. Under the current rules, could that player participate in not more than 4 games the 5th year or is it one of those things where once you have four seasons of eligibility used up, you're done?

Extreme rare event where this would occur and wouldn't be good for team chemistry, more of a curiosity inquiry.
I venture to say someone will try it in the near future

I don’t see how that would be possible. Once your four years are up, you are out of eligibility.

I like the question. So I am 5th year and need 20hrs to complete my degree. You needed me in my freshman year and everyone else redshirted and they are still on scholarship or quit. Is this really fair?

I just don’t get where that would benefit a player or a team... Seeing as how the player would have been draft eligible by that point he’d either be drafted or signed as an un drafted free agent, if he was neither I’d have to ask the question of how good was that player really? And is he worth bringing back for even 4 games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT