ADVERTISEMENT

Eichorst was a nice guy in a mean sport

Solana Beach Husker

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008
I have always been sickened by the corruption and cheating involved in college football. The massive amounts of money thrown around and the arbitrary rules applied to some programs and not to others. I was bothered by the fact that great college players often didn't get decent college educations, and were left dry when the NFL didn't work out. I was around many players from the 90s and the moral outcome of those players involves pedophiles, woman beaters, drug addicts, murderers, and whole bunch of half-adults that struggled to manage money and keep their lives together once their championships have ended. Many of the former players I know have had major health problems and some have died. Eichorst ran the AD with an eye on doing it the right way, hiring the nicest guy available, and putting a hard focus on providing the best education possible for his student athletes. Essentially he purposely sacrificed championships to improve the quality of the experience for student athletes. He pointed this out this year during the all coaches talk where he spoke of doing both; running a clean and healthy AD, while also winning. The focus today after his firing is the same, we can win and be good, but the reality is that we will have to sacrifice some standards, make some headway towards the draconian 90s in order to bring in enough talent to have enough competition to create enough depth that we can compete deep into November. Baylor, is a perfect example of how to lower standards in order to win. The players who came to Baylor may have been decent human beings but their enticement to Baylor was based on "favors" provided by the university. And young men without decent adult direction will go wayward. This lead to winning, pretty much immediate, but also to entitlement, rape, and ultimately the destruction of the program forever. We can win immediately. There are plenty of blueprints, but nearly all of the most successful programs of the last 20 years have proven transgressions, or major violations waiting in the wings. Is it possible to win in a clean way?

You are obviously misinformed. Nebraska currently ranks LAST scholastically in the Big Ten. Nebraska cannot even win Big Ten games when it has set the lowest bar for football admission standards?? Eichorst was a lame lawyer who thought he should manage the world's best college football program? Wow. Wake up.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
I have always been sickened by the corruption and cheating involved in college football. The massive amounts of money thrown around and the arbitrary rules applied to some programs and not to others. I was bothered by the fact that great college players often didn't get decent college educations, and were left dry when the NFL didn't work out. I was around many players from the 90s and the moral outcome of those players involves pedophiles, woman beaters, drug addicts, murderers, and whole bunch of half-adults that struggled to manage money and keep their lives together once their championships have ended. Many of the former players I know have had major health problems and some have died. Eichorst ran the AD with an eye on doing it the right way, hiring the nicest guy available, and putting a hard focus on providing the best education possible for his student athletes. Essentially he purposely sacrificed championships to improve the quality of the experience for student athletes. He pointed this out this year during the all coaches talk where he spoke of doing both; running a clean and healthy AD, while also winning. The focus today after his firing is the same, we can win and be good, but the reality is that we will have to sacrifice some standards, make some headway towards the draconian 90s in order to bring in enough talent to have enough competition to create enough depth that we can compete deep into November. Baylor, is a perfect example of how to lower standards in order to win. The players who came to Baylor may have been decent human beings but their enticement to Baylor was based on "favors" provided by the university. And young men without decent adult direction will go wayward. This lead to winning, pretty much immediate, but also to entitlement, rape, and ultimately the destruction of the program forever. We can win immediately. There are plenty of blueprints, but nearly all of the most successful programs of the last 20 years have proven transgressions, or major violations waiting in the wings. Is it possible to win in a clean way?
Sounds like someone needs a participation trophy.

Is this a serious post?! This is one of the most nonsensical posts I have ever read. In fact, I am embarrassed for having read it and posting about it.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
thanks for your well-thought out, although not the case (we're not reading Plato here).....one word: PUH-LEEZ...

Nice guy? He's a lawyer and probably the least personable athletic director I've ever seen. He was getting paid 7-figures to hire talented people and raise money, yet his hires have been terrible so far and he doesn't like talking to boosters.

He hates people...hates meeting people...hates making the rounds. He even said it himself. He wants to be invisible.

No one has ever won in a clean way in modern college football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT