ADVERTISEMENT

Eichorst Fired

C'mon. No one is saying, "Everything was bumping along fine and then we lost to NIU and everyone lost their collective minds." Over the last nine games we are 3-6.

You bring up Stanford. Over their last nine games they are 7-2. They just lost to a San Diego State team who won 11 games last year, ended up ranked, and this year they are ranked #22. NIU had a losing record last year and I'm doubtful anyone is thinking of ranking them.

This is ludicrous.
Sorry but I don't take advice from a tranny.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You need to take the advice. The position of Stanford and Nebraska is nothing alike. Plus, this firing wasn't all about NIU. Just say, "My bad," and learn from your mistakes.
I agree. Stanford and their coaches have zero excuses for their terrible offensive line and problems they have been facing this year. Shaw has been there for quite a few years.

I'm with Archie. I don't understand how this helps us. Why not let the season play out? What if the football team turns this around and we have a successful season? This seems reactionary and impulsive, which is how the country already views our approach to football coaches
I think there is way more than the loss to NIU. It has to do with ADSE thinking he is the smartest guy in the room.
1. Agrees to play Friday games without asking his superiors. Merchants, high schools, high school parents, and even his football coaches go nuts. Bounds has to help him walk it back with Delaney.
2. Gives $5M to academic scholarship fund (probably worked out with Green). Boosters and people who are forced to donate to buy tickets go nuts.
3. The one Friday we want to play on is announced to be phased out. Merchants and traditionalists go nuts, give Bounds an earful.
4 Leaks indicate HCMR gets a 1-year extension that hasn't been announced for a month.
5. After a gut-wrenching loss with tons of blame to go around, throws the players under the bus and blows his horn.

The football team's struggles were just convenient cover. This was all about getting rid of the guy that HP hired before Tom could name a successor and the guy that fired Tom's hand picked coach. Hawks and his minions finally got their way. Big time football politics. Gotta love it.
Yep, had absolutely NOTHING to do with a 1 and 2 start and looking at a 4 and 8 or 5 and 7 season.

Failed AD, debatable. who hired Timmy and Bo?
Yes, it is debatable that Eichorst was a failed AD. I should have been more precise. Eichorst is a "fired" AD, which creates a more serious situation for Green and Bounds than what they would face if they were just replacing an AD who was retiring. They had to know therefore, unless they are incompetent fools, that the decision to fire Eichorst would be THE hot topic in Nebraska. You and others are claiming that this is a purely reactionary move. And I am not here to argue with that. It might be. All I am saying is that you cannot know that for certain, and that the statements made by Green and Bounds concerning the overall health of our sport's programs over the past several years give some credence to the view that this is an action that has been contemplated for a while now, with the NIU loss being the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, rather than an emotional spur of the moment, feel good, action.

Personally, I am neither rejoicing over this firing nor lamenting it. I am just sad that the great year in football I was hoping for has not, as of yet, transpired. I like Riley. I want him to succeed. I hate firing coaches and starting over. I hate the idea that there is only "one way" or one style of football that will bring us back. We can win with all kinds of different styles, so long as we get the athletes. I am still hoping we make a solid run here in the B1G, Riley ends the year with his job intact, that we sign a solid recruiting class, and we move on with a new AD but the same football coach.

But if the season goes south, and Riley gets fired, I won't be in a dumpster pit of depression either. He wasn't who I wanted as our next coach based on his resume and even though I like him and want him to succeed here, I won't be dishonest and say that I would be pissed if he got canned.

My only hope is this: if Riley does get fired that this time around they do a proper search and hire a proven winner as a college football D1 head coach

Well the present sure looks like shit, doesn't it?
You're butt hurt that your weird infatuation with a coach didn't pan out. You've thrown enough shit around this board at others it's time you ate crow, but no, you gotta be a little bitch and piss and moan. Guess what? Eichorst sucked ass as AD. He couldn't even fire Bo right, he did it too late. He didn't understand traditions and lost big on the two Friday deals he pissed down his leg. Regents shouldn't have to step in and do his job for him.
There have been plenty of great points made on this thread about why the timing doesn't matter, but you continue to piss and moan because you brown nosed so damn much and fanboyed riley like a teenage girl at an *NSYNC concert. It isn't about the coach it's about the program and its trajectory, and this team looks like absolute shit in year three and lost to a mac team at home. Quit trying to make the husker fan look stupid for being pissed about it and seeing the writing on the wall.
Look at the bright side Archie, now you have more phony excuses for Riley, that oughta make you happy.
I'm tired of your arrogant ass looking down at people for being honest about the current state of the program.
The past? Bring it on. The present and future sure looked bright:rolleyes:

Hahaha. This post is awesome. How long you been stewing?

I think there is way more than the loss to NIU. It has to do with ADSE thinking he is the smartest guy in the room.
1. Agrees to play Friday games without asking his superiors. Merchants, high schools, high school parents, and even his football coaches go nuts. Bounds has to help him walk it back with Delaney.
2. Gives $5M to academic scholarship fund (probably worked out with Green). Boosters and people who are forced to donate to buy tickets go nuts.
3. The one Friday we want to play on is announced to be phased out. Merchants and traditionalists go nuts, give Bounds an earful.
4 Leaks indicate HCMR gets a 1-year extension that hasn't been announced for a month.
5. After a gut-wrenching loss with tons of blame to go around, throws the players under the bus and blows his horn.

I agree that this is NOT about the NIU loss. That's just cover.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
You are partly right. The money people turned on Shawn. Your tin-foil conspiracy theories are cute, but it was because how he handled last year and then how he looked like a complete buffoon before the press. His press releases were a joke and then were followed up with interviews throwing players under the bus and talking about our great leaders...including him. He showed there was a reason he hid from the press for many years.
The Hawks etal have never been on board with SE so how could they turn on him. Nice try.

The Hawks etal have never been on board with SE so how could they turn on him. Nice try.
The Hawks et al went along with SE. They were willing to give him a chance. They thought he botched the firing of Bo (and he did!) but they didn't move against SE on it nor on his hiring of Riley. It wasn't until the lack of competitiveness at the end of last year that they turned. If you could look at the giving you would understand. Trust me...you are out of the loop on this one.

The Hawks et al went along with SE. They were willing to give him a chance. They thought he botched the firing of Bo (and he did!) but they didn't move against SE on it nor on his hiring of Riley. It wasn't until the lack of competitiveness at the end of last year that they turned. If you could look at the giving you would understand. Trust me...you are out of the loop on this one.
And you're in the loop more than I? I'm sure you get monthly reports on giving from the Hawks. lol. How does it go now...keep your friends close and your enemies closer? They never forgot how they lost the power struggle over Bo. Snakes waiting in the grass....who just happen to love NU as much as I do. Sigh.....go troll somebody else.

Reactions: Archie Graham
And you're in the loop more than I? I'm sure you get monthly reports on giving from the Hawks. lol. How does it go now...keep your friends close and your enemies closer? They never forgot how they lost the power struggle over Bo. Snakes waiting in the grass....who just happen to love NU as much as I do. Sigh.....go troll somebody else.
I love the trolling comments as you show you don't have a clue what is going on with the Hawks family nor have any refutation on how it went down.

Just in the very recent past, Eichorst displayed tremendous lack of leadership, vision, and guts:
  • By not refusing to play Friday night games like other top BIG schools did
  • By not demanding to play on Black Friday until public outcry made him do so, and then lying (my opinion) about how he miscommunicated.
  • By blaming the players for the NIU loss, while in the same breath bragging about how good of a leader he was.
I guarantee you the first two were as, if not more, instrumental in his firing as the team's performance. It's a window into the core problem with an administrator.

And let's be honest...aside from volleyball (which I'm not even sure he could screw up), major NU athletic performance is a mess. What does he have to fall back on?

Reactions: HuskerDana
No, he's not.
You're right, we are right on track. He has turned a perennial 9 win program (which was not good enough) into an absolute joke and got most of his OSU buddies and his AD fired because of his incompetence. Yeah, he's just doing fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT