ADVERTISEMENT

Eichorst Fired

No one will be a bigger fan of Riley than the new AD. The best case scenario for the new AD is that Riley wins most of his remaining games and he doesn't have to make a career defining hire for quite some time

Same with Eichorst. Best case scenario would have been for Bo to win a conference championship and Eichorst could just sit back and collect checks without putting his job on the line which is what you do when you hire a new FB coach

507de54066a3b.preview-699.jpg
Bo sucks, get over it.

This recruiting class isn't going anywhere as long as Riley's still here.

The new AD could just give him a year extension to ease their concerns

Shawn was a one man Wolfpack.... I just hope they have a plan for what kind of AD they want.

Brah...what do you think every recruit is thinking right now? What do you think every single school is going to be pushing against us? This timing is stupid.

Unless they have someone lined up already that likes Mike

Brah...what do you think every recruit is thinking right now? What do you think every single school is going to be pushing against us? This timing is stupid.
You don't think other coaches were already telling recruits that we're 1-2 and it may not get better? Don't be so naive.

Reactions: jeans15
You don't think other coaches were already telling recruits that we're 1-2 and it may not get better? Don't be so naive.

Ummm. There is a difference between that and "...did you see that after Nebraska started 1-2 they fired their AD? They will install a new AD to fire Coach Riley. Tough break for your future at Nebraska. How about an official."

Reactions: Steve91562
The first thing the new AD will do is come out and support Riley and shore up any doubt.

Will undoubtedly privately tell Riley this isn't the buddy system and he needs to roll heads if he wants to keep his job.

Reactions: headcard
You think guys like Moore and Bookie are close to SE? Come on.

And I do love the current commits, but it's not like they are going to save Husker football, we need to get this thing fixed.
My thinking it that Recruits would see this as a move in the right direction - Win!!

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Look - the recruiting class does not matter - if we go sub .500 - most are going to bail anyway because they know the ship is sinking. Riley is gone short of a complete turnaround this year. No coach can survive 2 loosing seasons at Nebraska. Riley was SE's "guy" - he owns it and as a result - YOU'RE FIRED! They need a new AD in to hire Riley's replacement - because unless you have been asleep the last 3 Saturdays - this team is not getting to 7 wins.

Reactions: GeauxBigRed
It had to happen. No coach is going to replace Mike Riley with a lame duck A.D. still at the helm. Any coach wants his A.D. to be the one who chose him to lead a program. That creates more job security.

I was a huge critic of Steve Pederson and good old Harvey Pearlman hired a similar, albeit more savy type leader in Eikhorst. But both of those hires by Harvey were costly mistakes who damaged the program.

Timing isn't stupid. If leadership determined that Eichorst isn't getting the job done, then you move immediately. This is management 101.

Also, if we're going to slow down major changes for a program of this size due to some 17 year olds who may or may not stick with a verbal agreement, our priorities are upside down.

Lastly, you can see what impact a quality coach has on a program with many examples, but one is Scott Frost. He inherited a team with no wins. Zero. Do you think they were worried about recruits? Nope. His very next season he generated 6 wins.

Washington was middling at best. Chris Petersen comes in and they are top 10. The right fit of a coach can turn this around even in the absence of a "lost" recruiting class.

A buddy texted me earlier, his son works in the athletic dept. Just heard it on the radio. It's true.
Can only hope Pelini will come back as AD. We really need a cool, contemplative head and steady hand at the wheel!!☺

I would think to save recruiting one of two things has to happen.

1. Some strong show of support to Riley by the new AD
2. Some quick move against Riley with "the next guy" putting his finger in the dam.

Reactions: WHCSC
My thinking it that Recruits would see this as a move in the right direction - Win!!

Recruits care about particulars though. See Micah Parsons and his affinity for the 3-4, or maybe Bookie's affinity to Riley.

Timing isn't stupid. If leadership determined that Eichorst isn't getting the job done, then you move immediately. This is management 101.

Also, if we're going to slow down major changes for a program of this size due to some 17 year olds who may or may not stick with a verbal agreement, our priorities are upside down.

Lastly, you can see what impact a quality coach has on a program with many examples, but one is Scott Frost. He inherited a team with no wins. Zero. Do you think they were worried about recruits? Nope. His very next season he generated 6 wins.

Washington was middling at best. Chris Petersen comes in and they are top 10. The right fit of a coach can turn this around even in the absence of a "lost" recruiting class.

Let's revist this after we hire a new AD. I'll be surprised if we don't retreat back into the past.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Ummm. There is a difference between that and "...did you see that after Nebraska started 1-2 they fired their AD? They will install a new AD to fire Coach Riley. Tough break for your future at Nebraska. How about an official."

Any recruits who sign early would be given releases anyway if we fire Riley after the season. You don't keep mediocre leadership around just for the sake of a couple of recruits.

Because we will likely need a new football and men's basketball coach soon.

...one can wait until after the early signing period and still make the move.

Let's see if we are truly playing the long game here. I doubt it...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT