ADVERTISEMENT

Eichorst Fired

nudan92

Sophomore
Nov 24, 2008
A buddy texted me earlier, his son works in the athletic dept. Just heard it on the radio. It's true.

had to be done so we can hire an AD and he can hire a coach in time for the early signing period.

507de54066a3b.preview-699.jpg

I was on the record on this site early this week that I didnt expect him to survive September.

Reactions: headcard
It's a big move, but seemingly the right one. Beyond the standard fan reaction of wanting to see heads roll when their beloved team is unsuccessful, the numbers also indicate a lack of success.

When you look at marquee sports, you've got football currently ranked 12th or 13th in conference. Men's basketball hovering around 12-14, women's basketball hit rock bottom after firing the coach. Baseball had a decent year winning the conference tourney, but going out without a fight in the tournament. If not for women's volleyball (a sport that was well-established well before Eichorst was around), there is very little quantitatively that can suggest he's done much. And this is with a program that is well-funded and supported with many resources.

next few months are going to be very interesting and may shape the direction of the program for the next 25 years

Agreed
This gives Riley all of this year and unless we only win 3 games, next year too. He gets to prove to the new AD.

Riley will get this year and the only way he gets next year is if we go to a conference championship. Less than that, no chance.

I did but not until late October. This
Means Hank and Ronnie are serious.
o_O I' shocked this happened now. Wow. Riley needs to start winning games and quickly. Personally I'm a little disappointed. I know the money Regents who were pissed about Bo's firing are still there so I shouldn't be surprised but I don't think firing SE fixes anything. Unfortunately for SE Bounds is a complete outsider so I have no doubt but that he was easily influenced. The turmoil continues.

This just looks worse to the outside world not a good sign, looks like the whole athletic department is a dumpster fire.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT