ADVERTISEMENT

Eduardo Andre picks Nebraska

Don’t know much about this kid... can someone fill me in? Highly rated kid? Good a stretching the floor? High School competition good? Like the height, will need to add some weight I would assume?

Reactions: ZaneHickey

From articles I read...
Played soccer as a youth. Likes to run.
Started played around age 15 so fairly new to basketball but is developing..
Long & lean, runs the court well and has decent hops. Offense is progressing. Will need a year or two of development but has a good ceiling. Good rim protector.

Averaged around 10 pt, 8-9 rebounds and 3-4 blocks a game in prep school.

Nice addition! A true rim protector who can run the floor on breaks and prefers playing defense. Every good team needs a guy like this.

Reactions: baseball31ne
You said something would happen. Obviously, you were talking about this.

Semantics. My record lately speaks for itself!

I’ll take it a step further for you...something good is in the works for this month for Nebraska sports. If it doesn’t happen by the end of this month, then it will definitely happen by the end of the summer. You can come back and apologize for your sarcasm when it does!

6’10 220 (some are saying 6’10 range) pound center that was a 4 star per 24/7. He’s now ranked a 89 so he’s borderline 4 star range. This is a nice pick up. So many of us was worried we wouldn’t get our big man. Well girls, we got him...

Last edited:
From the highlight tape attached I saw nothing but dunks and blocks? Can this kid shoot at all???

Does this kid still have some growing to do? I guess I haven’t been following college basketball very close but 6’9” seems small for a center, or is that about right for Big 10 play?

who cares? dunks & blocks are the biggest needs we've got!
No kidding. After all the bunnies this team missed last year, we desperately need someone who can finish at the rim. They had an unbelievably low shooting percentage on layups last year.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
From articles I read...
Played soccer as a youth. Likes to run.
Started played around age 15 so fairly new to basketball but is developing..
Long & lean, runs the court well and has decent hops. Offense is progressing. Will need a year or two of development but has a good ceiling. Good rim protector.

Averaged around 10 pt, 8-9 rebounds and 3-4 blocks a game in prep school.

I haven't seen him play obviously. But from experience, at first glance I would assume he's going to take a few years of development. He'll get pushed around easily in the Big 10. Limited offensive skills. But he's got long arms and can move. Good fit for "today's game" if we have patience with him and give him time to develop. Won't necessarily be good right away, but he could fill a role nicely if he has a lot of help around him.

My concern would be if his best college basketball is 3-4 years down the road will he still be at NU when that time comes?

ADVERTISEMENT