ADVERTISEMENT

East vs Kearney

nostromo78

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 29, 2021
HS football season starts for me tonight. Stoked. My son is starting his first game on OL for East. Sounds like they are rotating him and 3 guys at D-end too. Saw limited action last couple years in mop up duty. Played almost every down on both sides of the ball every game since 7th grade through freshman and JV. Now he gets to go against the big boys. He is undersized, but more athletic than most he will face. Hoping for the best. He has a long reach and great footwork and technique, and as a lot of lineman go, he is too smart for his own good.

I expect East to take a step back this year, despite certain high caliber players on the team. Hopefully Im wrong, but there seems to be issues, which I expected would happen. Cant replace a generational QB and stud wideout very easily. My only hope is that they were very good as Freshman, and the last 2 years as JV. Hoping that translates over to varsity, but if they cant learn to become a team, they will struggle. They also avoid a couple of the harder schools in Omaha they have had the last couple years. Need to get by Kearney and then Gretna. Gonna be fun! I think I heard SE is the city favorite this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT