ADVERTISEMENT

Early opening lines for 2021 biggest games

Maybe it's just my pride talking but I don't think OU will hang that many on our defense. Yea yea, I know Spencer Rattler is on Heisman watch.

I'm going to print this out and hang it above my desk - so on Sept 18th I can see how I did.

Reactions: ADV1
I get it, Rambo.
Vegas aren't dummies.
I'm not quite sure what to think.. on one hand I do think our D will be better, but this is the #1 scoring offense in the country we're talking about, not some 3 yards and a cloud of dust B1G team. any time we've played the caliber of offense OU has (ohiost), we've never had any success slowing them down.

on the other, I don't know if we will score at all against OU.

Maybe it's just my pride talking but I don't think OU will hang that many on our defense. Yea yea, I know Spencer Rattler is on Heisman watch.

I'm going to print this out and hang it above my desk - so on Sept 18th I can see how I did.
While I like what they have coming back, here's a nice yellowish-green vial of pi$$ for the red Kool-aid.

Outside of Ohio State (11), here are the offensive rankings of their opponents last season:

Iowa sucks: 40
Rhythmic clapping sounds, coming from the shower U: 54
Minnesota: 71
Purdue: 73
Rutgers: 80
Northwestern: 93
Illinois: 112

As I quote the great Mr. T:

"Paaaaaainnnnnnnnnn"

Ohio St line vs Oregon is too big, take the Ducks and the points
Alabama vs Miami line is too small, take the Tide, especially because Miami doesn't even know who their QB will be. Not sure D'Eriq King will be full go.
Oklahoma is at least 21 points better than Nebraska. OU's defense isn't elite, but they only allowed non ranked opponents 16 ppg. IF Nebraska could get 16, OU only has to score 36 to cover, I don't think we hold them under 40.

Ohio St line vs Oregon is too big, take the Ducks and the points
Alabama vs Miami line is too small, take the Tide, especially because Miami doesn't even know who their QB will be. Not sure D'Eriq King will be full go.
Oklahoma is at least 21 points better than Nebraska. OU's defense isn't elite, but they only allowed non ranked opponents 16 ppg. IF Nebraska could get 16, OU only has to score 36 to cover, I don't think we hold them under 40.
I pretty much agree with all of this. I could see Oregon falling apart a bit but really, I like all these picks.

Also, take ND, they are going to treat Wisconsin like Jigsaw treated his victims.

OU's defense is horrible.

Also, Take ND to kill Wisconsin
Also, Take the points and Iowa over ISU
In two years Grinch got OU from 114th on defense to low 60s to 29th in NCAA yards per game. OU's best defense this year since 2009. Will be shocked if the Huskers get more than 17 points. But was shocked in '71. So there's that.

In two years Grinch got OU from 114th on defense to low 60s to 29th in NCAA yards per game. OU's best defense this year since 2009. Will be shocked if the Huskers get more than 17 points. But was shocked in '71. So there's that.

You weren’t even born watching the 71 game...I was!

While I like what they have coming back, here's a nice yellowish-green vial of pi$$ for the red Kool-aid.

Outside of Ohio State (11), here are the offensive rankings of their opponents last season:

Iowa sucks: 40
Rhythmic clapping sounds, coming from the shower U: 54
Minnesota: 71
Purdue: 73
Rutgers: 80
Northwestern: 93
Illinois: 112

As I quote the great Mr. T:

"Paaaaaainnnnnnnnnn"

the b1g is the zero offense league every season.

people will say it's because the defenses are good. even they know they're lying.

You weren’t even born watching the 71 game...I was!
Wrong. Saw it on TV in NY when I was in the Navy. Was hoping to get tickets to Norman for game but did not work out. The next year on a carrier; in Hawaii for the '72 game. Loved that one. Any chance you will be in Norman for the game in Sept.? Hoping to meet some Husker fans. Plan to be in Lincoln for next year's game.

I could see it like the Ohio State game last year. Fake close.

DraftKings has won totals out. Nebraska is at 6. -113 on both sides. I think over is the side to be on but I don’t really want to have any sort of happiness if Nebraska wins. If I was a Husker fan, I’d be all over the over.

@BoilerN can make a ton of money if he puts his money where his optimism is. 5 wins is the number for Purdue. -113 both sides.

DraftKings has won totals out. Nebraska is at 6. -113 on both sides. I think over is the side to be on but I don’t really want to have any sort of happiness if Nebraska wins. If I was a Husker fan, I’d be all over the over.

@BoilerN can make a ton of money if he puts his money where his optimism is. 5 wins is the number for Purdue. -113 both sides.

sucker bet for Nebraska. 6 wins is what they will get.

You either bet over 6 or under 6. There is no push.
My site does it different, not a shock there are tons of differences. We push on the win totals if it lands on the number.

We did lose on UCF a few years ago because they had a game cancelled because of weather and since it was never played, the season did not "count"

OU's defense is horrible.
OU scoring defense: 29th
NU scoring defense: 64th

OU total defense: 29th
NU total defense: 50th

OU rush defense: 9th
NU rush defense: 69th

Nebraska’s defense sucks and I’ll spare you the offensive stat comparison because it’s incredibly embarrassing.

OU by 28...at halftime.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker

Nebraska’s defense sucks and I’ll spare you the offensive stat comparison because it’s incredibly embarrassing.

OU by 28...at halftime.

Yea, you're right (I know) but every week there is some underdog story that ends up shaking up the college football world.

We did it in 2015 against MSU (when they were 6th or 7th? in the polls) Also against Missery in 2010 (when they were also a top 10 team)

We need to start winning some of the games we aren't supposed to win if we're ever going to get back to where we all want us to be.

yea yea, I know - I'll keep dreaming.

Hard to imagine a game in which our own coach is so scared of getting whupped by 'em he tried to back out of playing it.... keeps it within this spread. I wonder if that number goes up as game gets closer....and have all the players who voted not to play when given the opportunity cycled out of the program yet?

OU by 28...at halftime.

OU by 28...at halftime.

monophy.gif

We know we are taking an L at Norman. I do think their passing game is going to be elite, but they lost solid RBs in Stevenson, Pledger and McGowan - also 2nd Rd Center. Their front 7 is going to be very good. Their secondary still good but should be able to find some passes there. 40-21 seems like a likely outcome right now but that can always change.

OU by 28...at halftime.
I think it will be like the Ohio State game. Fake close and basically a 30 point loss.

We know we are taking an L at Norman. I do think their passing game is going to be elite, but they lost solid RBs in Stevenson, Pledger and McGowan - also 2nd Rd Center. Their front 7 is going to be very good. Their secondary still good but should be able to find some passes there. 40-21 seems like a likely outcome right now but that can always change.
OU’s best RB sat out last year but returns....Kennedy Brooks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT