ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles vs Patriots

Is Brady so awesome he makes you say greatest ever in each game? No

But - when the chips are down - would you want anyone else under center to win the game? He's at his best in high pressure situations. And he has played in 8 SBs after Sunday. I know people like to hate him.....so be it.

Frankly I just wanted him to beat Peyton Manning as many times as possible and he did a pretty good job of that.

The only reason I would take Brady over any qb is because you have a great shot and everything going your way in a game; Brady has some magical power behind him where ints are dropped consistently, teams with the best power-back in football pass on the 1-yard line, rules no one has ever heard of get brought up (tuck rule), tds are called not tds without zero evidence (pitt this year), teams just overall play stupid vs the Pats and Brady. Hell, look at the Jags last weekend; the Jags were THE ONLY TEAM ALL YEAR, to kneel the football going into half with 50seconds or more and 2-timeouts lol
Literally, the only team in football ALL YEAR to do that.. and they did it vs that Pats on the road in a playoff game when you should know you need at least 2 more tds. Jags also ran the exact same offensive plays in the 4th quarter last week. Went into a shell and lost the game. Hilarious

His first run as a head coach was far more forgettable. Taking over a 3-13 Browns team, Belichick managed to coax Cleveland to a 6-10 record in Year 1. It was a promising start, but the Browns went 7-9 in each of the next two seasons before finally breaking through with an 11-5 season and a playoff win in 1994. And yes, if you're wondering, Belichick is the last Cleveland Browns coach to win a playoff game.

Belichick has gone 13-6 (.684) in 19 games without Brady at quarterback for the Patriots. To put that in context, no other team in the league besides Belichick's Patriots has posted a winning percentage higher than .684 since Belichick and Brady joined forces in 2000. Nobody would argue that Belichick doesn't need his Hall of Fame quarterback, but the Patriots have been extremely good even without Brady at the helm.

LOL took the Browns to the playoffs and won a playoff game at the worst franchise in sports lmao.

Hopefully huskerbux doesn't respond
Hoping I don’t respond? You’re hilarious.

You said B.B. is the best ever. GOAT if you will. Period.
I was merely pointing out while at Cleveland he had a losing record overall. That’s not debatable.
He was hired in New England in 2000. Same year Brady was drafted. 2001 Brady took over in the third game I believe so they essential built this dynasty together.
So it’s all B.B.? That’s where we differ. It’s the system and Brady has thrived in that system. You say he’s the most successful but make it seem like anyone could’ve had this run. Name another franchise that has had soooo much success these past 16 years. Can’t. And what’s the common denominator? BB AND Brady. You can’t deny that. His longevity, success, wins, championships, records are all because he’s one of the best in one of the best systems. Those aren’t just by luck.

Reactions: c3ntral08
Hoping I don’t respond? You’re hilarious.

You said B.B. is the best ever. GOAT if you will. Period.
I was merely pointing out while at Cleveland he had a losing record overall. That’s not debatable.
He was hired in New England in 2000. Same year Brady was drafted. 2001 Brady took over in the third game I believe so they essential built this dynasty together.
So it’s all B.B.? That’s where we differ. It’s the system and Brady has thrived in that system. You say he’s the most successful but make it seem like anyone could’ve had this run. Name another franchise that has had soooo much success these past 16 years. Can’t. And what’s the common denominator? BB AND Brady. You can’t deny that. His longevity, success, wins, championships, records are all because he’s one of the best in one of the best systems. Those aren’t just by luck.

Yes obviously the both come hand-in-hand. Would the Pats be the Pats without BB? Would they be the same without Brady? We don't know because that's all we've had over that past 16 years. What we do know is that BB was very successful as a D-coordinator with the Giants (2 Rings) and pretty damn successful with the Browns as a head coach and in the 19 games he's had without Brady under center, the Pats have been damn good. There's no sample of Brady without BB and that probably won't ever happen due to Brady being 41. Therefore I give more credit to BB over the past 16 yrs than I do Brady. There isn't an NFL GM out there that wouldn't fire their head coach for BB right this second, but not every NFL GM would take Brady over their starting Qb during the last 8 years.

You seem to base all your arguments on hypotheticals..... your last statement of saying that every GM would fire their coach for BB is just that.. as well as sayi g that not all would take Brady over what they have right now.... maybe maybe not but you dont work with facts and thats why most people on here have issues with your stance.. its your opinion which your entitled to but dont discount others opinions and try to push yours off as factual..

Yes obviously the both come hand-in-hand. Would the Pats be the Pats without BB? Would they be the same without Brady? We don't know because that's all we've had over that past 16 years. What we do know is that BB was very successful as a D-coordinator with the Giants (2 Rings) and pretty damn successful with the Browns as a head coach and in the 19 games he's had without Brady under center, the Pats have been damn good. There's no sample of Brady without BB and that probably won't ever happen due to Brady being 41. Therefore I give more credit to BB over the past 16 yrs than I do Brady. There isn't an NFL GM out there that wouldn't fire their head coach for BB right this second, but not every NFL GM would take Brady over their starting Qb during the last 8 years.

Well I don’t know about the whole EVERY GM claim but I think we’ve worn out this arguement. Enjoy the Super Bowl

Reactions: c3ntral08
Lol last super bowl when the Falcons were on the 35 and didn't run it straight 3 times and kicked a fg to ice the game? Instead got sacked twice and got pushed out of fg range. Or that incredible catch by Edleman that went RIGHT THROUGH the Falcons Db's hands? Should have been an int but instead, the coin landed Brady like always and it was tipped up and caught. How about the time the Seahawks threw it on the 1-yard line for and int instead of running it with the best power back in NFL history? Or the time Charles Woodson sacked and made Brady fumble but some absurd Tuck Rule was called?
Guess we better pick through all of Terry Bradshaw's and Joe Montana's close games.

You seem to base all your arguments on hypotheticals..... your last statement of saying that every GM would fire their coach for BB is just that.. as well as sayi g that not all would take Brady over what they have right now.... maybe maybe not but you dont work with facts and thats why most people on here have issues with your stance.. its your opinion which your entitled to but dont discount others opinions and try to push yours off as factual..

I guess I don't get what you're saying.. you wouldn't fire your current head coach for the greatest football coach ever? You'd be considered a very poor GM if you did not make this hire. Those are facts. Yeah maybe every GM wouldn't do this.. but they'd be castrated by the city and fan base if they didn't. BB has as many years as he wants to in coaching.. Brady is one injury away from retirement or even 1 healthy year from retirement; he's 41.

The Packers, Eagles, Texans, Raiders wouldn't trade Brady for their current young and talented QBs. It would be -ev if they did.

Guess we better pick through all of Terry Bradshaw's and Joe Montana's close games.

I didn't watch any of their games but please find me scenarios that went in their favor in the biggest games like Pats have benefited from.. please. The Seahawks passed the football on the 1 yard line with Marshawn Lynch as their RB... in the Super Bowl. Brady was sacked and fumbled and Oak recovered it and the call on the field was a fumble and the refs said nah because of some absurd rule no one even knew about.

I didn't watch any of their games but please find me scenarios that went in their favor in the biggest games like Pats have benefited from.. please. The Seahawks passed the football on the 1 yard line with Marshawn Lynch as their RB... in the Super Bowl. Brady was sacked and fumbled and Oak recovered it and the call on the field was a fumble and the refs said nah because of some absurd rule no one even knew about.
I'm sure if I watched all of Terry Bradshaw's or Joe Montana's playoff wins I'd find a few scenarios where they greatly benefited on a questionable call.

Uhhh I seem to recall a certain catch against a helmet in a certain important game that seemed to go completely against New England.

Uhhh I seem to recall a certain catch against a helmet in a certain important game that seemed to go completely against New England.

Ahh yes vs the 16-0 Patriots. 1 incredible catch vs a team that was -12 in the Super Bowl. Tough luck.

I checked out of this thread some time ago when it devolved into the theater of the absurd. But since one person's argument for Brady's being a marginal player hinged so much on what other Hall of Famers think (I have no idea why that should be decisive), I thought it apropos to share the following article I came across. @c3ntral08

"Who do the best players of all time consider the best player of all time?

An impressive list of Hall of Fame players say that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who will try to win his sixth Super Bowl ring on Sunday, has already established himself as the greatest ever to play the game."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...of-fame-players-call-tom-brady-the-best-ever/

Eagles have a better team but they won't win; everything will go in favor of the Pats and Brady during the game like always. Gunna be sad to see a qb like Brady have 6 rings while superior qbs have a lot fewer.
Sick

Again just spouting words. Where are the quotes? Lol. Jennifer Anniston says I’m the best sex she’s ever had! See that’s easy.

That 2-timing bitch. She told me the same thing.

I told her she's old now and nobody cares what she says.

Reactions: huskerbux
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT