ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Raiola impresses at Friday night lights

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Former Husker legend Dominic Raiola son was offered a scholarship for the 2024 Classs.. Dylan 6-3 215 QB prospect has thrown for Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, texas and TCU and is slated to throw for Notre Dame and Oklahoma..

Hopefully dad and son like what they see’s with the new facility’s being built in 2023..

Former Husker legend Dominic Raiola son was offered a scholarship for the 2024 Classs.. Dylan 6-3 215 QB prospect has thrown for Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, texas and TCU and is slated to throw for Notre Dame and Oklahoma..

Hopefully dad and son like what they see’s with the new facility’s being built in 2023..
Kid is going to be a sophomore who hasn’t played varsity ball yet, first offer is Georgia, and he has an absolute cannon of an arm.

We need to start winning games to be in the mix for this kind of player.

Kid is going to be a sophomore who hasn’t played varsity ball yet, first offer is Georgia, and he has an absolute cannon of an arm.

We will be in the mix because his dad went here. Not sure we win this battle without first winning games, but Nebraska will be in this until he commits

Or convince him that he'll be the reason we win big when he comes to Lincoln. One thing about it, he shouldn't be afraid of what's above him on the depth chart.....

After spending the day with Frost on Friday, Dominic Raiola said he was impressed with what he saw.

He knows Frost stepped into a tough situation, and he's rebuilding things the right way.

“It’s his fourth year, and he really did a total cleanse of this place,” Dominic Raiola said. “He finally got his guys that are really coming up and really hitting their stride right now. I’m really optimistic to see what he’s got going on this year because I think they are not far. "There’s something to be said about continuity and having 110 total percent from everyone around you. It is hard. You have to win here. I think they are at that point where it’s ready to turn the corner. It’s going to happen. It will happen. The coaches that he’s with have all been with him through the thick and thin. When they turn this place around, it’s going to be that much special.”

Quick hits:​

**** Nebraska quarterback Heinrich Haarberg took a picture with his former teammate at Kearney Catholic 2022 tight end Brett Mahony after Mahoney participated in the camp.
**** Lincoln East wide receiver Malachi Coleman participated in the first Friday Night Lights camp but spent this camp on the sideline talking with the coaches and Nebraska players.

Jalil Martin
was the other player that earned an offer from Nebraska. He was one of the few receivers that caught balls for Raiola and Hall while they practiced in the Hawks center.

Ben Brahmer
couldn't pass up another chance to get face time with his future coaches and show them what they're slatted for. Brahmer, just like he did at the Friday Night Lights camp two weeks ago, displayed his incredible use of his lengthy body and hands. He caught maybe a dozen balls from Raiola and it was a connection that would have Husker fans weeping with joy, especially with both players in red on a Saturday in the fall.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/20...second-visit-to-lincoln-this-year-for-bbq-fnl
We really didn't do a ton, we literally just ran routes," Hall explained. "We also did some one-on-ones. I did get to talk to Coach Verdu, Coach (Matt) Lubick, and to Coach Scott Frost. Coach Frost said he was very surprised and impressed with how I did, with running routes and catching onto stuff."

Hall was able to catch passes from recently offered quarterback

Dylan Raiola
, who's also a Class of 2024 prospect.

"Oh, he's ridiculous!" Hall said of Dylan Raiola. "He's got an arm! Especially for a 2024 kid. It looked effortless. He did good."

My only question is how big is he going to get over the next 2 years. This kid may actually end up being a lineman like his dad.

Put him in Martinez's No. 2 this year and tell him never to remove his helmet while on the field. I think we can get away with that, right?

Reactions: arf_man
My only question is how big is he going to get over the next 2 years. This kid may actually end up being a lineman like his dad.
He won't be a lineman. His dad was actually quite a bit undersized for an O lineman. I saw him up close when he played center for the Lions and he didn't look like he weighed over 250. He looked like a midget compared to their guards. He relied on his quickness and leverage. It worked pretty well for him but man at times he needed help on some big guys.

He won't be a lineman. His dad was actually quite a bit undersized for an O lineman. I saw him up close when he played center for the Lions and he didn't look like he weighed over 250. He looked like a midget compared to their guards. He relied on his quickness and leverage. It worked pretty well for him but man at times he needed help on some big guys.
As a life long Lions fan, damn do I love Raiola. The dude was an anchor for the o-line for a decade.

As a life long Lions fan, damn do I love Raiola. The dude was an anchor for the o-line for a decade.
The time I was close to the Lion's sideline (50 yard line) at a Vikings game I saw Raiola and their big fat O line coach get in to a screaming match. Harrington had thrown I think 3 picks and I guess that was Raiola's fault? lol. IF I remember correctly the O line coach sat him for a series and the Lions went 3 and out with the third play being a sack. Man Raiola looked so damned small compared to the rest of their O line, the D line and that O line coach.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

Man, Dom was such a stud for us... hoping Dylan comes here!!!

Reactions: scarletred
Holy sh... what an arm!

Crouch needs to shave. Bum.
3RMfcYE.gif

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-pipeline-camp-full-breakdown

Quick hits:​

**** Nebraska's four official visitors (
Jake Appleget
Ernest Hausmann
Nathan Vail
and
James Monds III
) suited up in Husker uniforms and took pictures in Memorial Stadium during the camp.

**** Several current NU players like Ty Robinson, Ethan Pieper, Damion Jackson, Nash Hutmacher, Bryce Benhart and more got to put their coaching skills to the test on Saturday.
***Saturday was the final major camp Nebraska will hold this June. The only thing scheduled this week will be on-campus visitors and private workouts on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT