ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Jordan

Someone else wrote this on here, but I agree, when you watch his HUDL, the other teams left him unblocked and tried to run away from him all the time. I don't know if I saw more than 5 plays where he actually took on a block, let alone a block from anyone remotely resembling a Big Ten left tackle.

Not saying he won't turn out to be great, but the only thing I see on his film is a dude who appears to have a lot of speed, playing against a lot of over matched players

He is the fastest LB frost has recruited here...how teachable, smart, and hard working he is will determine his ceiling, but you cant teach speed and he has that. Duval could make him a real freak.

Reactions: dpnavy
He is the fastest LB frost has recruited here...how teachable, smart, and hard working he is will determine his ceiling, but you cant teach speed and he has that. Duval could make him a real freak.

He's the fastest, if not one of the fastest LB recruits in the country.

Reactions: dpnavy
Someone else wrote this on here, but I agree, when you watch his HUDL, the other teams left him unblocked and tried to run away from him all the time. I don't know if I saw more than 5 plays where he actually took on a block, let alone a block from anyone remotely resembling a Big Ten left tackle.

Not saying he won't turn out to be great, but the only thing I see on his film is a dude who appears to have a lot of speed, playing against a lot of over matched players
That's my concern. Very different film from Parker or Hannah, he's running free a lot. You see the athleticism and high ceiling but hard to know where his floor is.

Reactions: mrruffin10

From my very short experience in football people ran away from me and my brother because it was better than running at us, so I apply that here. If the coaches against him thought he was just a speed guy they imo would just add help to his side and run it down his throat. Can't be fast on your butt

Reactions: njvorst921
From my very short experience in football people ran away from me and my brother because it was better than running at us, so I apply that here. If the coaches against him thought he was just a speed guy they imo would just add help to his side and run it down his throat. Can't be fast on your butt

A couple of things, I don't know that the opposing coaches didn't do that and since this is a highlight tape, they only showed the good plays. My opinion is that if there was video of him getting off blocks and making plays, they should have added it to his HUDL. I think most of his offers are based on him having good size, great speed and loads of potential.

You Dewey, or Lee Roy?

Reactions: timnsun
A couple of things, I don't know that the opposing coaches didn't do that and since this is a highlight tape, they only showed the good plays. My opinion is that if there was video of him getting off blocks and making plays, they should have added it to his HUDL. I think most of his offers are based on him having good size, great speed and loads of potential.
Fair, but they choose to highlight his speed and it's now working. You might be right regarding the other offers, but it doesn't seem our staff would be so shortsighted. These guy's are being praised for their evaluation skills and speed is only one factor.

Reactions: huskerfan66
You and your brother... the Selmon brothers, Dewey and Leroy, wreaked havoc on offense in the 70s I believe while playing at OU.
No I stated my experience level being limited but all the way up till my bad attitude killed me (junior year Hs) you weren't running against me, it was best to run from me. My little brother as well but we never played together.

Randy Gregory wasn’t all that great at taking on blocks and I think we can all agree it would be nice to have a guy like him coming off the edge rushing the passer. It’s yet to be seen exactly how good this kid is but I for one would love seeing that type of speed going after the QB!

Even if he doesn’t become the next Randy Gregory, he looks like he would be a great special teams player, and we could use a lot more of those

FSU interest in Dylan Jordan could delay his commitment date. He was set to commit on the 28th. Safe to say this kid is underrated. ACC, BIG 10, BIG 12, PAC 10 interest.

ADVERTISEMENT