ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Jordan news

I don't really see what this staff sees in Bivens that we don't already have in the other 3 RB recruits in this class. He's injury prone, the only other school really recruiting him is Toledo, his film doesn't blow me away by any means. I have to believe he is a last resort if we strike out with all of the other recruits on our board.
Kentucky is after him hard and having one knee injury doesn't really make one injury prone.

Disagree on the following...

Collin Miller
Deontai Williams
Breon Dixon
Deontre Thomas
I know some of these guys are likable..but the bottom line is everyone is not gonna start or play. Breon Dixon is behind guys like Tannor(played as true freshman), Domann, Ferguson..has guys coming up younger than him that fit the physical profile they are looking for..Alston, Graham, Nelson..lets say they bring in juco Soni..he could find himself 3rd on depth chart. Same COULD happen to Domann.
Deontai is competing this year with two stud RFR..smith and cam jones for safety..oh and they may add Pola gates to the mix..Domann could also switch back.
Miller is back up LB behind Honas and Barry. But guess what a two blue chippers are arriving at his position. He is a redshirt junior..thats alot of sitting on the bench already..if this spring doesnt go well you dont think he may be ready to hang them up?
Thomas- where do I start? He is behind Davis, Davis, Stille, Daniels, Daniels, guys like Robinson will challenge for playing time immediately. Wildeman, Rogers, Banks, Newsome fit the profile more of what they are looking for. Is he a NT(doesnt wieght enough..too short for 3-4 End)
Again these are examples..if these guys burst on the scence its only gonna leave somebody else holding the bag

The guys we're still in on ARE high end recruits. We HAVE to get more talent on this roster NOW in order to have success 3-4 years from now. No doubt after this fall there's going to be some more guys realize that they've been passed by younger players and we'll have more attrition still next year. I fully expect another 8-10 guys to transfer the next go around too. Once you get your roster to the point where you've got he talent you need, you don't worry about missing out on getting a couple of guys the next year.
Thank you..everybody loves sausage but dont wanna see how it is made! I pull for ALL of these kids to pan out...but the bottom line is somebody is gonna be left out. 8-10 will fall off easy. Riley recruits will see younger talented guys playing ahead of them..bottom line. Some of frost young guys wont make it as well, they will find out its not the program for them.

I know some of these guys are likable..but the bottom line is everyone is not gonna start or play. Breon Dixon is behind guys like Tannor(played as true freshman), Domann, Ferguson..has guys coming up younger than him that fit the physical profile they are looking for..Alston, Graham, Nelson..lets say they bring in juco Soni..he could find himself 3rd on depth chart. Same COULD happen to Domann.
Deontai is competing this year with two stud RFR..smith and cam jones for safety..oh and they may add Pola gates to the mix..Domann could also switch back.
Miller is back up LB behind Honas and Barry. But guess what a two blue chippers are arriving at his position. He is a redshirt junior..thats alot of sitting on the bench already..if this spring doesnt go well you dont think he may be ready to hang them up?
Thomas- where do I start? He is behind Davis, Davis, Stille, Daniels, Daniels, guys like Robinson will challenge for playing time immediately. Wildeman, Rogers, Banks, Newsome fit the profile more of what they are looking for. Is he a NT(doesnt wieght enough..too short for 3-4 End)
Again these are examples..if these guys burst on the scence its only gonna leave somebody else holding the bag
We’ll see how it plays out, I still believe you’re dismissing some of these guys a little too quickly.

Reactions: mrruffin10
I believe you are understating this.
Yea, two guys I see playing a lot in the coming years are Deontai Williams & Deontre Thomas. I think Williams may be a starting safety for us and Thomas played a lot until he was injured and redshirted.

McQuitty is one I can’t get my head around. Had lots of promise and just seemed to disappear on the depth chart.

I believe you are understating this.
We will revisit next recruiting cycle...again its a numbers game..everyone cant win..somebody is gonna lose. Could be some of the guys mentioned..could be some not mentioned. We are fans so we have attachments to all of these players..pull for their success.

Reactions: huskerfan66
It's not Dixon's football skills keeping him off the field. Word on him is he needs to handle his business the right way while not in pads. Whether that's academic or "other" I don't know.

Colin Miller keeps getting moved around, I don't know why they didn't keep him at OLB unless he just flat out can't cover. I really like Hannah, the way he strikes and sheds looks "college ready" to me. I think he competes right away, especially with Weinmaster hanging em up. Henrich might need a year coming off his injury and to get on the weights, but don't be shocked to see him in 4 games before taking a RS, and don't be shocked if Miller is pushing for a starting job.

Why anyone would think Deontre Thomas isn't sticking around is beyond me. He played this year and then they shut him down. IIRC he had a broken hand. A RS year is exactly what he needed, I've liked him all along.

Guys will quit the team, somebody will get kicked off the team for getting in trouble, somebody will retire due to injuries, it's always somebody and it's rarely who you would have guessed.

I finally got around to watching his film. That’s no 5.5 3*. Either they don’t allow fast kids in Kansas or this kid can fly. FFS he was out running defenders as a RB in some clips.

Reactions: headcard
The info that we backed off came from KU & KSU insiders. Obviously they were wrong.
That's what we get for listening to Grape State writers. :D No clue what is going on in this whole things, but if NU is doing their due diligence and are ok with him, hopefully they get him in for a visit.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
It's not Dixon's football skills keeping him off the field. Word on him is he needs to handle his business the right way while not in pads. Whether that's academic or "other" I don't know.

Colin Miller keeps getting moved around, I don't know why they didn't keep him at OLB unless he just flat out can't cover. I really like Hannah, the way he strikes and sheds looks "college ready" to me. I think he competes right away, especially with Weinmaster hanging em up. Henrich might need a year coming off his injury and to get on the weights, but don't be shocked to see him in 4 games before taking a RS, and don't be shocked if Miller is pushing for a starting job.

Why anyone would think Deontre Thomas isn't sticking around is beyond me. He played this year and then they shut him down. IIRC he had a broken hand. A RS year is exactly what he needed, I've liked him all along.

Guys will quit the team, somebody will get kicked off the team for getting in trouble, somebody will retire due to injuries, it's always somebody and it's rarely who you would have guessed.
Probably going to need Hannah to be college ready for depth at least. Thought Miller had settled at ILB. He will be needed there. The word on Deontre when he first got to Lincoln was that he had a really quick first step. That would be very nice for a DE in a 3-4.
The 2019 class is big and is going to get bigger. By this time next year, I count only 22 possible scholarship holdovers from the Riley regime (not counting recruits from last year that stuck with Frost), with any attrition in the coming year likely coming from this group. The roster may be 80% turned over after Frost Year 2.

Reactions: mrruffin10
I call BS on Miller and Deontai Williams. Deontrae Thomas if healthy is going to help us a bunch this year as well. McQuitty could potentially break out this year. You don't know. Naming names like that isn't called for especially when you're throwing darts at the wall like that.
Dingleberries dont get so sensitive...just stating some people who could end up behind the 8 ball. You talk as if I cursed your family member. Somebody is going to get left out, just a numbers game. Maybe SOME of these guys will make it, some wont. Williams could start at safety, he could also find himself on the transfer portal next christmas. I never said I KNEW all these guys wont make it. MIller has been moved around and isnt any closer to starting. get your panties out of bunch..just talking football.

Dingleberries dont get so sensitive...just stating some people who could end up behind the 8 ball. You talk as if I cursed your family member. Somebody is going to get left out, just a numbers game. Maybe SOME of these guys will make it, some wont. Williams could start at safety, he could also find himself on the transfer portal next christmas. I never said I KNEW all these guys wont make it. MIller has been moved around and isnt any closer to starting. get your panties out of bunch..just talking football.
One could have read (and many did read) your post as throwing out a bunch of names like spaghetti against a wall: Collin Miller, Pernell Jefferson, Alexander, Butler, Deontai Williams, Mcquitty, Dixon, Deontre, and Jaylin. You missed some names. Bando and Sichterman were not depth charted as of Iowa. What about Dismuke? It would be easier just to list the sophomores and juniors who didn't start.

One could have read (and many did read) your post as throwing out a bunch of names like spaghetti against a wall: Collin Miller, Pernell Jefferson, Alexander, Butler, Deontai Williams, Mcquitty, Dixon, Deontre, and Jaylin. You missed some names. Bando and Sichterman were not depth charted as of Iowa. What about Dismuke? It would be easier just to list the sophomores and juniors who didn't start.
I started by saying any non frost recruit that does not start, then named a possible few. Whats with you guys and arguing silly points. Line is thin but damn right some of them wont make it either.

I started by saying any non frost recruit that does not start, then named a possible few. Whats with you guys and arguing silly points. Line is thin but damn right some of them wont make it either.
Wasting time on this message board is somewhat silly. Posting long lists of possible candidates for attrition is a sillier part of this silly activity.

At least Tuco knows what his job is here.
When you list nearly all possibilities, the chances that you will be wrong do indeed decrease.
Whats with you guys and being right? This isnt a test..its a message board..where opinions get posted. You dont like it, keep it moving. Nobody has a JOB here..and your job title is not to ride my nuts. Do you think attrition will continue at the same rate? You still haven't stated an opinion..just wasting space in here.

Whats with you guys and being right? This isnt a test..its a message board..where opinions get posted. You dont like it, keep it moving. Nobody has a JOB here..and your job title is not to ride my nuts. Do you think attrition will continue at the same rate? You still haven't stated an opinion..just wasting space in here.
Here is my opinion. Last year was a biggish class and this year even bigger. There has been tons of turnover on the roster sheet since Frost arrived and all signs point to at least some more of that since the plan is to oversign this year. At some point the law of diminishing returns kicks in and in order to create more roster space, the staff might need to enter into the realm of running kids out of the program. Some kids are doing what they need to do to remain in the program and are now content with being practice players and occasional special teams players.
So I disagree with your claim that yet again next year, the staff will sign a large class. There are 16 scholarship seniors on the roster and I would think at least one or two of them will be attrition victims in order to get to 85 scholarships this fall. So I don't think the numbers support your position.

Yea, two guys I see playing a lot in the coming years are Deontai Williams & Deontre Thomas. I think Williams may be a starting safety for us and Thomas played a lot until he was injured and redshirted.

McQuitty is one I can’t get my head around. Had lots of promise and just seemed to disappear on the depth chart.
McQuitty I don't think was completely back mentally from his injury. You can be completely healed but still afraid to make a hard cut. Don't know about him yet IMO.

Here is my opinion. Last year was a biggish class and this year even bigger. There has been tons of turnover on the roster sheet since Frost arrived and all signs point to at least some more of that since the plan is to oversign this year. At some point the law of diminishing returns kicks in and in order to create more roster space, the staff might need to enter into the realm of running kids out of the program. Some kids are doing what they need to do to remain in the program and are now content with being practice players and occasional special teams players.
So I disagree with your claim that yet again next year, the staff will sign a large class. There are 16 scholarship seniors on the roster and I would think at least one or two of them will be attrition victims in order to get to 85 scholarships this fall. So I don't think the numbers support your position.
I think the usual number of kids who leave football programs every year either due to injury or transfer is around 5-6 per year. So, IF we're looking at 16 right now, I would expect a full class for us next year to be around 21-22. With the increasing leniency towards transferring it could go higher than that. I think we're going to see more guys now put their names in the portal just to get an idea of what opportunities are out there. That could create some awkward situations if they decide to stay at their school.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I think we're going to see more guys now put their names in the portal just to get an idea of what opportunities are out there. That could create some awkward situations if they decide to stay at their school.
Please correct is I'm wrong, but if a players goes into the portal, they are effectively surrendering their spot, unless a slot is still around after the recruiting cycle. If not, the players is in a heads I win, tails you lose position.

Please correct is I'm wrong, but if a players goes into the portal, they are effectively surrendering their spot, unless a slot is still around after the recruiting cycle. If not, the players is in a heads I win, tails you lose position.

Correct. If the school wants him and have room, they can take him back, but they don't have to.

Just quit while you're already behind. Deontai is a lock to start next year and will be a very good player. Miller is not going to be passed up by any freshman next year, and I think he has as good of a chance to start as Honas does. He's going to get a ton of playing time regardless. I agree there's going to be attrition but some of the guys you listed have 0% chance of being on that list.

Reactions: OriginalReej
Just quit while you're already behind. Deontai is a lock to start next year and will be a very good player. Miller is not going to be passed up by any freshman next year, and I think he has as good of a chance to start as Honas does. He's going to get a ton of playing time regardless. I agree there's going to be attrition but some of the guys you listed have 0% chance of being on that list.
Im sure 4 star guys like CJ Smith and Cam Jones came from texas and Florida to sit on the bench. Pola Gates is coming to do the same. Predicting kids who are going to leave who are soph in college is never easy but its going to happen. You didnt say who it WOULD be? Or are you just here to troll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT