ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Jordan news

Things to note..
1.Dylan still option...does this mean Soni is NOT N?? Have they always wanted 2 OLB.
2. Njoku N..maybe? Is this why Houston may not visit
3. Pola Gates saga--Pola Mao connection..do we get both..none?
4. Bivens- They must LOVE bivens..despite everything mills signing, johnson, thompkins, limited spots..health concearns..they STILL want bivens. They must view him as NFL talent.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Things to note..
1.Dylan still option...does this mean Soni is NOT N?? Have they always wanted 2 OLB.
4. Bivens- They must LOVE bivens..despite everything mills signing, johnson, thompkins, limited spots..health concearns..they STILL want bivens. They must view him as NFL talent.

1. OLB will be interesting, not sure if they will take Fonu's commit at this time or not.
2. Njoku is visiting UCLA this weekend. We may lead, but I doubt he is N yet.
3. What's the saga? We are in great shape for NPG. Who knows on the cousin. I'm not sure they are the package deal many believe and I'm not sure we will have room.
4. Agree, they must think he's special. But he may not be able to commit right now, he could be a "next up" if we strike out with guys like Njoku, James, Parker, etc.

Reactions: BroskiRed
Just goes to prove yet again that once you get this late into the recruiting season and near signing day that everything is fluid and can change in a second.

P.S. I have no idea, but I'd have to wonder if Jordan wasn't the victim of a last minute smear campaign by an enemy or ex girlfriend spreading rumors.

Reactions: mrruffin10
The situation with Jordan is mucho mysteryoso, but the kid can really fly for his size. The question is whether NU is at 25 or 25-Bland at the present time. If NU lands the upper part of their remaining list, Jordan may be a victim of numbers.

Just goes to prove yet again that once you get this late into the recruiting season and near signing day that everything is fluid and can change in a second.

P.S. I have no idea, but I'd have to wonder if Jordan wasn't the victim of a last minute smear campaign by an enemy or ex girlfriend spreading rumors.
Good points...I thought the same thing when this ordeal went down.

The situation with Jordan is mucho mysteryoso, but the kid can really fly for his size. The question is whether NU is at 25 or 25-Bland at the present time. If NU lands the upper part of their remaining list, Jordan may be a victim of numbers.
25 without Bland from what I understand..turns out Daniels DOES count toward are total for this cycle..its a rule change that went in recently. Bland is almost out for sure..unless we strike out

I'm not so sure, depends if they prefer him or Fonu, or if they want both. It looks like we have 4-5 spots left (depending on Bland) and we are still after:

NPG (DB)
Njoku (WR)

Fonu (OLB)
Jordan (OLB)
Parker (OLB)
James (DB)
MPM (NT)
Bivens (RB)

The top two are obviously priorities and must takes, after that it will be very interesting. Got to think we get one of the OLB's, at least. But honestly, it's crazy to think we are in actually a position to turn any away.

Reactions: CatColumbia
1. OLB will be interesting, not sure if they will take Fonu's commit at this time or not.
2. Njoku is visiting UCLA this weekend. We may lead, but I doubt he is N yet.
3. What's the saga? We are in great shape for NPG. Who knows on the cousin. I'm not sure they are the package deal many believe and I'm not sure we will have room.
4. Agree, they must think he's special. But he may not be able to commit right now, he could be a "next up" if we strike out with guys like Njoku, James, Parker, etc.
Saga in terms of this wait..silent commit? mysterious reports and crytstal balls showing USC..dont think we are in any position to not have space for 4 star NT at this point..especially when it helps to get a game changer DB.
Bivens- I think its late in the game enough that they take his commitment if he pledges. The fact they host him this weekend instead of 25th tells me he has freeedom to commit. Same for Houston.

Saga in terms of this wait..silent commit? mysterious reports and crytstal balls showing USC..dont think we are in any position to not have space for 4 star NT at this point..especially when it helps to get a game changer DB.
Bivens- I think its late in the game enough that they take his commitment if he pledges. The fact they host him this weekend instead of 25th tells me he has freeedom to commit. Same for Houston.
Those mysterious CB's for USC are gone. 23 CB's to date, 21 for N, 1 for USC and 1 for Alabama. If we take the guys you listed that basically fills up the class. What about OLB? What about Njoku? Do we turn away DJ James? Going to be interesting.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I have to believe that NPG has already signed with Nebraska. Just waiting for the Poly Bowl to make it official. The clues are obvious. There have been no coaches visiting him from any school. No contact from other coaches.
An ASU reporter on TOS said Nebraska has NPG's signed LOI. Take it for what it's worth, which might not be much.

Reactions: huskerfan66
So 25-Bland+elder Daniels=25. NU is two under, so signing 30 would put them at 3 over the limit. I count 34 scholarship players as having 4 years left to play (incoming and RS frosh). That's 40% of the scholarship slots. I can't see all of those kids sticking around for four years, but NU is headed for a pretty unbalanced roster.

I'm not so sure, depends if they prefer him or Fonu, or if they want both. It looks like we have 4-5 spots left (depending on Bland) and we are still after:

NPG (DB)
Njoku (WR)

Fonu (OLB)
Jordan (OLB)
Parker (OLB)
James (DB)
MPM (NT)
Bivens (RB)

The top two are obviously priorities and must takes, after that it will be very interesting. Got to think we get one of the OLB's, at least. But honestly, it's crazy to think we are in actually a position to turn any away.
Man..its getting tight! And you didnt list evans, houston, and hell even mayo and starks still posibilties.

Reactions: headcard
That’s great news! Whatever happens, having potential “options” is amazing.
Fonua has more immediate impact potential, which would make him an asset, esp against the run.
Jordan would need time to develop but probably has much higher ceiling to be a stud at OLB (potentially is all I’m saying).
Pola Mao doesn’t get talked about enough maybe, but I think getting a proper NT body to develop in a couple years is important right now (looking at our future roster), unless staff are confident they could continually hit up juco/transfer which seems like risky business.
Therefore, Pola Gates and Pola Mao are both important to me. If Bland stays that leaves only two spots which is about 2-3 spots too short right now.

Good problem but still a problem.

Depending which kids want N, it’s up to staff to determine their priorities at this point. All remaining guys on the board could make us better.

Nail biting continues...

So 25-Bland+elder Daniels=25. NU is two under, so signing 30 would put them at 3 over the limit. I count 34 scholarship players as having 4 years left to play (incoming and RS frosh). That's 40% of the scholarship slots. I can't see all of those kids sticking around for four years, but NU is headed for a pretty unbalanced roster.

It will balance some with time. What’s the alternative? Not fill scholarships for this year?

25 without bland..26 with bland. Explain what you mean by unbalanced..Frost is trimming the fat and he will continue for another year or 2. After spring more will leave. and next years class will be another big one.

That’s great news! Whatever happens, having potential “options” is amazing.
Fonua has more immediate impact potential, which would make him an asset, esp against the run.
Jordan would need time to develop but probably has much higher ceiling to be a stud at OLB (potentially is all I’m saying).
Pola Mao doesn’t get talked about enough maybe, but I think getting a proper NT body to develop in a couple years is important right now (looking at our future roster), unless staff are confident they could continually hit up juco/transfer which seems like risky business.
Therefore, Pola Gates and Pola Mao are both important to me. If Bland stays that leaves only two spots which is about 2-3 spots too short right now.

Good problem but still a problem.

Depending which kids want N, it’s up to staff to determine their priorities at this point. All remaining guys on the board could make us better.

Nail biting continues...
I agree..NT of the future is too much to ignore especially when he cousin of NPG..and another connection to poly community. Soni ability to help early leads me to believe he is another high priority. Last two spots go to best available imo.

After spring more will leave. and next years class will be another big one.
16 kids in in their final year, so in order to get to 25 (a "big one"), 9 kids would have to leave. In addition, attrition for the kids NU oversigns this cycle is just as likely to come from this year's Seniors (ex. Lightbourn, Vaha, and/or Gaylord), so that decreases the number available for next year's recruits. Highly likely next year's class will be of more modest size.

I am unfamiliar with the concept of running out of schollies and having to possibly turn away 4 star talent.
Isn't this normally the time of year we get left at the alter by a few kids and hit the panic button?
I like Frank but his M.O. was usually that we signed 3-4 less than we had open on signing day, then we had a few transfer after the spring, or we kept guys on scholarship for 5 years who didn't play. Pelini did the same thing. It was like being on NCAA probation.

I am unfamiliar with the concept of running out of schollies and having to possibly turn away 4 star talent.
I am not advocating that, just pointing out that there is a potential future cost. If NU has a stellar season next year, it will be a bit easier to be choosy as higher end recruits may find the program even more attractive.

Things to note..

I don't really see what this staff sees in Bivens that we don't already have in the other 3 RB recruits in this class. He's injury prone, the only other school really recruiting him is Toledo, his film doesn't blow me away by any means. I have to believe he is a last resort if we strike out with all of the other recruits on our board.

I am not advocating that, just pointing out that there is a potential future cost. If NU has a stellar season next year, it will be a bit easier to be choosy as higher end recruits may find the program even more attractive.
The guys we're still in on ARE high end recruits. We HAVE to get more talent on this roster NOW in order to have success 3-4 years from now. No doubt after this fall there's going to be some more guys realize that they've been passed by younger players and we'll have more attrition still next year. I fully expect another 8-10 guys to transfer the next go around too. Once you get your roster to the point where you've got he talent you need, you don't worry about missing out on getting a couple of guys the next year.

The guys we're still in on ARE high end recruits. We HAVE to get more talent on this roster NOW in order to have success 3-4 years from now. No doubt after this fall there's going to be some more guys realize that they've been passed by younger players and we'll have more attrition still next year. I fully expect another 8-10 guys to transfer the next go around too. Once you get your roster to the point where you've got he talent you need, you don't worry about missing out on getting a couple of guys the next year.
I get it that at this point in time, the problem NU has is a good one. Clearly this staff is much more aggressive on the recruiting front than both the Pelini and Riley regimes.

16 kids in in their final year, so in order to get to 25 (a "big one"), 9 kids would have to leave. In addition, attrition for the kids NU oversigns this cycle is just as likely to come from this year's Seniors (ex. Lightbourn, Vaha, and/or Gaylord), so that decreases the number available for next year's recruits. Highly likely next year's class will be of more modest size.
Jr. and Redshirt juniors will be likely cantidates to leave after the spring and again after the fall as well...basically anyone who is not starting that Frost didnt bring in. Plus cant overlook underclassmen leaving. Guy Thomas and Mcgriff were two from this past yr. Medical retirement...there is ALOT to happen bt now and Dec

16 scholarship seniors according to poster above...and im calling it now NU will sign 25 next year. Meaning attrition will continue! Guys like Collin Miller, Pernell Jefferson, Alexander, Butler, Deontai Williams will get passed by fresh and redshirt freshman..same goes for next class of guys like Mcquitty, breon dixon, deontrae thomas, jaylin bradley. After spring some will see they are never going to play...after the fall same thing.

We’re loading up with two pretty solid recruiting years, but there’s still potential roster gaps in talent and it takes time to develop some of these young guys, so we’ll need to still be patient and keep focused on the long term.
Doesn’t mean we can’t put together a good team sooner than later, but building quality depth still takes time.

16 scholarship seniors according to poster above...and im calling it now NU will sign 25 next year. Meaning attrition will continue! Guys like Collin Miller, Pernell Jefferson, Alexander, Butler, Deontai Williams will get passed by fresh and redshirt freshman..same goes for next class of guys like Mcquitty, breon dixon, deontrae thomas, jaylin bradley. After spring some will see they are never going to play...after the fall same thing.
Disagree on the following...

Collin Miller
Deontai Williams
Breon Dixon
Deontre Thomas

I call BS on Miller and Deontai Williams. Deontrae Thomas if healthy is going to help us a bunch this year as well. McQuitty could potentially break out this year. You don't know. Naming names like that isn't called for especially when you're throwing darts at the wall like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT