ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Jordan news

No kidding BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY is known for their affiliation to the Church of Latter Day Saints? REALLY? Brilliant deduction. We weren't denying that. What you don't realize is the influence that the C of LDS has over other area public universities as well.
actually, there is a strong dislike of lds people and byu in most u of utah fans. that is the truth as I have witnessed it quite often

Reactions: yunginsNU2
No kidding BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY is known for their affiliation to the Church of Latter Day Saints? REALLY? Brilliant deduction. We weren't denying that. What you don't realize is the influence that the C of LDS has over other area public universities as well.
I don't know much about the Utah universities, but I do know Bill Marriott is LDS. I know that because every Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites, Courtyard, or Marriott I ever stayed in had a Book of Mormon in the drawer.

62% of all people in Utah are Mormon. They run everything in the state, including the "public" institutions.
but only about 30% in salt lake county, which is known, at least in salt lake city proper, for its high concentration of lgbtq populations. The school of social work at u of utah is known for having a high concentration, also,

Last edited:
Utah and Arizona State are both dominated by the LDS. They don't bear the name but their administrations, booster and student bases are heavily populated by the LDS.
dominated is a strong word there is much anti lds feeling at u of utah, even though it was, actually, founded by brigham young back in the day

actually, there is a strong dislike of lds people and byu in most u of utah fans. that is the truth as I have witnessed it quite often
That doesn't stop the large number of LDS boosters from exerting their influence at Utah and ASU.

and what does this mean in your perspective?
This whole discussion has gone way off the rails. This was about Utah recruiting a kid who supposedly has some red flags. Somebody asked if the LDS was squeaky clean which they aren't when it comes to sports. Then somebody else chimed in that Utah isn't LDS. It's complete idiocy to think that there isn't a large component of LDS members at the University of Utah. There is. My buddy coached there for 5 years. That's my perspective.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
This whole discussion has gone way off the rails. This was about Utah recruiting a kid who supposedly has some red flags. Somebody asked if the LDS was squeaky clean which they aren't when it comes to sports. Then somebody else chimed in that Utah isn't LDS. It's complete idiocy to think that there isn't a large component of LDS members at the University of Utah. There is. My buddy coached there for 5 years. That's my perspective.
yes, there probably is, but more, probably at utah valley university in the county south of there, and of higher concentration, that doesn't mean u of utah is "dominated" by them

yes, there probably is, but more, probably at utah valley university in the county south of there, and of higher concentration, that doesn't mean u of utah is "dominated" by them
okay maybe dominated was too strong of a word. Suffice it to say that they are heavily influenced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints members.

btw, I am not a fan of any of them, however, just trying to be truthful and observant
So was I.. that was my point when people think of LDS.. the most popular school is BYU... of course your not allowed to say anything on here without all the know it alls telling you your wrong

okay maybe dominated was too strong of a word. Suffice it to say that they are heavily influenced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints members.
again, heavily influenced is a relative term my observations has been that many people go out of their way to be obnoxious to the lds, especially at u of utah, I have seen it by some as I go for treatment right next to the u of utah as a disabled veteran.

So was I.. that was my point when people think of LDS.. the most popular school is BYU... of course your not allowed to say anything on here without all the know it alls telling you your wrong
you are right. byu is, actually owned and operated by the lds church. That is the only university it owns along with another branch of it in Idaho

again, heavily influenced is a relative term my observations has been that many people go out of their way to be obnoxious to the lds, especially at u of utah, I have seen it by some as I go for treatment right next to the u of utah as a disabled veteran.

again. A buddy of mine coached at Utah for 5 years........I'm done.

tenor.gif

The 3 schools mentioned backed off of him. They found out something they don’t like about him. Must be bad because KU and KSU desperately need the numbers. Most of this has come from the KSU Rivals site writers.

Also, remember that the kid was a relative unknown and NU offered him during the dead period and has time to do their homework and something has come up and may have been verified on Helds visit the other day.
Well remember that KSU and KU both have new coaches/staffs so the standards likely are a bit different than they used to be as well.

Reminds me of the old joke. The archbishop runs into see the Pope and breathlessly says, "Your Holiness, I have good news and bad news." The Pope says, "Tell us the good news. The archbishop says, "God is on the phone." The Pope says, "Tell us the bad news." The archbishop says, "It is long distance from Salt Lake City."

Reminds me of the old joke. The archbishop runs into see the Pope and breathlessly says, "Your Holiness, I have good news and bad news." The Pope says, "Tell us the good news. The archbishop says, "God is on the phone." The Pope says, "Tell us the bad news." The archbishop says, "It is long distance from Salt Lake City."
was it a collect call?

None of this makes sense to me?? The kid is good enough to get an offer from us but then we find out something and back off along with KU and KSU but it’s not bad enough for Utah and Auburn to back off?? Not buying that. Doesn’t add up. There is a lot more to this story that will unfold.

None of this makes sense to me?? The kid is good enough to get an offer from us but then we find out something and back off along with KU and KSU but it’s not bad enough for Utah and Auburn to back off?? Not buying that. Doesn’t add up. There is a lot more to this story that will unfold.
I have a friend going to do some recon down there. True story. Will let everyone know what he finds out.

And both Rivals and 247 still have him on the list of official visitors for January 25th.

Are we sure this story about backing off isn't fake news?

More to come on this. Doesn’t add up with what we know right now. Starting to wonder if we have other options that may not have been there before and we are just moving to those options and this kid was Plan B.

It could be that we uncovered something the other schools haven’t yet. Why tell them? Make them waste resources and time on the kid and figure out themselves what we have discovered.

That’s assuming it’s true that we found something.

Reactions: huskerfan66

I don’t think it’s crazy that the local schools would be privy to information that the other schools aren’t. A lot more connections with us and the Kansas schools to have something come up!

As per rrt and Kaz.
I have no idea what the deal with him is. A KSU site reporter was the first to report it. Nate and Sean seem to know what the issue is, but haven’t said and probably won’t. As far as Utah and Auburn still recruiting him, maybe they either don’t know about it or it isn’t bad enough for them to back off. Everyone has different tolerances.

I have no idea what the deal with him is. A KSU sure reporter was the first to report it. Nate and Sean seem to know what the issue is, but haven’t said and probably won’t. As far as Utah and Auburn still recruiting him, maybe they either don’t know about it or it isn’t bad enough for them to back off. Everyone has different tolerances.
Agreed. I was responding to a question of whether this was verified that we were backing off or if it was fake news. Meant that you and rrt would not be relaying it if it wasnt factual.

If we've cooled, we've cooled. Too bad. We don't know the details and there's nothing to be gained by having Sean or anyone else with HO in the loop throw the kid under the bus.

It'll surface on its own soon enough

I see Chinander, Dewitt, and Held visited him last night, so it doesn’t look like Nebraska has cooled on him.

ADVERTISEMENT