ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Jordan news

mrruffin10

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 18, 2018
Anbody hear that his dad is husker fan, and grandpa was HS coach of Grant Wistrom??? Oh, and sorry Kstate finally offerered...for those of you who were waiting on that.smh

Reactions: huskergal99
Anbody hear that his dad is husker fan, and grandpa was HS coach of Grant Wistrom??? Oh, and sorry Kstate finally offerered...for those of you who were waiting on that.smh

K-Sate or KU? The Jayhawks had offered late. He was a K-State fan until Snyder left. They were supposedly not in the mix but who knows, this thing is pretty fluid.

K-Sate or KU? The Jayhawks had offered late. He was a K-State fan until Snyder left. They were supposedly not in the mix but who knows, this thing is pretty fluid.
KSU and Utah both offered today.

We were the first to offer and with those Husker ties, I’d be shocked if he’s not N!

GBR

Heard (read) it right here on this board...
We are in Dylan Jordan's top 3 and he will visit Jan 25th. We have told him he would play a Shaq Griffin role. His dad is a big Husker fan and his grandpa coached both Wistrom boys in HS.

We were the first to offer and with those Husker ties, I’d be shocked if he’s not N!

GBR
I'll be surprised if more schools don't offer now as well. We need to hope that some of the Texas and Oklahoma schools are full at his position.

Didn't hear it, but I read it:

LINCOLN — Dylan Jordan said he’s “in love with football.” So when the senior outside linebacker from Pittsburg, Kansas, started talking to Nebraska about a scholarship offer and a role on NU’s defense, he knew just what coaches meant by their description.

“Strongside linebacker, a guy who can play in space, and they said my role would be similar to Shaquem Griffin’s at (Central Florida),” Jordan said.

Music to Jordan’s ears. It doesn’t hurt that Dylan’s dad, Craig, is a “huge Huskers fan” or that his grandfather was the high school coach of former NU stars Grant and Tracey Wistrom. Jordan, a three-star recruit according to Rivals, is one of those late-to-the-recruiting-game prospects who get a surge of attention after their senior year.

In Jordan’s case, he got a big bump from Twitter, specifically one Twitter account: Sports in Kansas, which tweets and promotes Hudl highlights of high school prospects in the state.

Nebraska reached out to the CEO of Sports in Kansas, Chet Kuplen. From there, the connection was made. “Always have a lot of sleepers in Kansas,” Kuplen said in an email.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Jordan, who says he had about 110 tackles and double-digit sacks this season, never though his on-field play was the issue. It was off-the-field stuff — grades, mainly.

“I feel I’ve done a lot of growing up between the end of my sophomore year until my senior year,” he said.

Nebraska will be Jordan’s final visit of three before he announces his decision on Twitter Jan. 28. He’ll see NU Jan. 25, Kansas Jan. 18 and either TCU or Utah on Jan. 11. Kansas, with new coach Les Miles, is fresh to the race. Though Jordan liked Kansas State for some time — and the Wildcats planned on securing Jordan if his academics came through — he soured on the school after the retirement of Bill Snyder and after KSU running back Alex Barnes, a lifting partner of Jordan’s, declared for the NFL draft.​

I said before and will say again, I like this kid’s film. He shows some agility and explosiveness. One of his best plays is running with his back turned in pass coverage and turning to find the ball for an INT (I think). The turnaround looked textbook and better than our CBs did many years under other D-coordinators (some who probably thought it wasnt a reasonable expectation, but that’s neither here nor there anymore).

Saying it directly: I want Dylan Jordan to be N. He can make our team better.

F those star ratings..there still are sleepers. Nebraska offerered a kid from Podunk Kansas who didnt have an offer from kansas or kansas state..missouri also a stones throw away the kid. Now auburn wants him... Some evaluate talent, some count on others evaluation of talent. Hopefully skers jumping on him early will land them this stud.

Reactions: TennesseeHusker75
F those star ratings..there still are sleepers. Nebraska offerered a kid from Podunk Kansas who didnt have an offer from kansas or kansas state..missouri also a stones throw away the kid. Now auburn wants him... Some evaluate talent, some count on others evaluation of talent. Hopefully skers jumping on him early will land them this stud.
There are a lot of connections to Nebraska which has me feeling pretty confident...

The dude had no offers because he had bad grades and was no where near qualifying. This has and never had anything to do with stars and talent evaluation.

this ... many schools aren't willing and don't need to take chances on these at risk kids if they can sign comparable talent that aren't qualifying risks. Glad the kid got things straightened out and we got in on him after we weren't able to close on the players we had much higher on the board. The same scenario played out with Mo to our benefit

Would be a very good get at a position of extreme need

The dude had no offers because he had bad grades and was no where near qualifying. This has and never had anything to do with stars and talent evaluation.
This is a full of contradictory statements...fans look at his star rating and offers..he did not have either. NU found him on TWITTER and saw enough to offer him when he didnt even have a damn Kansas offer or recruiting profile(EVALUATION)..If grades have nothing to do with star rating, then the kid should of been ranked higher! Plus he must of been somewhere near qualifying...umm because he IS qualifying.

Last edited:
This is a full of contradictory statements...fans look at his star rating and offers..he did not have either. NU found him on TWITTER and saw enough to offer him when he didnt even have a damn Kansas offer or recruiting profile(EVALUATION)..If grades has nothing to do with star rating, then the kid should of been ranked higher! Plus he must of been somewhere near qualifying...umm because he IS qualifying.

I guess the Star system isn't perfect 100% if the time, but odds are in its favor still.

This is a full of contradictory statements...fans look at his star rating and offers..he did not have either. NU found him on TWITTER and saw enough to offer him when he didnt even have a damn Kansas offer or recruiting profile(EVALUATION)..If grades has nothing to do with star rating, then the kid should of been ranked higher! Plus he must of been somewhere near qualifying...umm because he IS qualifying.

What? He was a 3 star and ranked as about the 8th best player in Kansas. Coaches knew who he was, and they didn't offer because he was a huge risk to not qualify. I think the Twitter thing is a bit blown out of proportion but you believe what you want. Kansas and Kansas St didn't offer because of grades.

I guess what I don't understand, grandpa was a coach that put talent into div 1 FB. I would have thought there would be more emphasis on "kid, you've gotta have your you know what in order". Glad the kid seemed to get things figured/worked out but alittle more effort could have opened a few more doors for him. Only one door matters in the end though.

I can see it being a tad stressful coming down to the wire for him with all the late offers and attention.

GBR young man.

What? He was a 3 star and ranked as about the 8th best player in Kansas. Coaches knew who he was, and they didn't offer because he was a huge risk to not qualify. I think the Twitter thing is a bit blown out of proportion but you believe what you want. Kansas and Kansas St didn't offer because of grades.
NEWSFLASH: Auburn doesnt recruit 3 star LBs from Kansas!!! They have the #1 olb in the country signed. Rating system is flawed. Kansas and K state completely dropped the ball, should of offered. They wont sign a player with this kind of potential

I don't believe he had a visit to Kansas lined up. Utah, TCU and Nebraska
I thought it was written somewhere that he was going to KU and KSU on the same day. Maybe they're both out. His time is limited. I would trade Auburn for those two IF i was just wanting the experience of the visit. He's probably/maybe somewhat familiar with both KU and KSU

Reactions: headcard
NEWSFLASH: Auburn doesnt recruit 3 star LBs from Kansas!!! They have the #1 olb in the country signed. Rating system is flawed. Kansas and K state completely dropped the ball, should of offered. They wont sign a player with this kind of potential

Of course it is flawed, but there is quite a gap between flawed system and no one knowing who the kid was and that Nebraska discovered him on Twitter.

Nebraska didn't offer the kid until he got his grades in order, that is a fact.

I guess what I don't understand, grandpa was a coach that put talent into div 1 FB. I would have thought there would be more emphasis on "kid, you've gotta have your you know what in order". Glad the kid seemed to get things figured/worked out but alittle more effort

GBR young man.
Because kids always listen to their dads and grandpas...:confused:

Reactions: huskerfan66
I guess what I don't understand, grandpa was a coach that put talent into div 1 FB. I would have thought there would be more emphasis on "kid, you've gotta have your you know what in order". Glad the kid seemed to get things figured/worked out but alittle more effort could have opened a few more doors for him. Only one door matters in the end though.

I can see it being a tad stressful coming down to the wire for him with all the late offers and attention.

GBR young man.

Grandpa was more a wrestling coach, but yes, he was an assistant with the football team. Sadly he passed away a few years ago.

Much of the delay on him was him working on improving his ACT score, he's obviously worked hard and is now receiving the rewards of his effort. DJ would be a great addition to the class.

ADVERTISEMENT