ADVERTISEMENT

Dwindling posters

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
Sad to see guys like Pennsy and others stepping aside. I totally understand and often wonder why I continue to be interested. Hoping others continue to hang on and keep the dialogue going...

The product stinks. And it gets tiring. All excuses aside we got raped by a team we beat rather convincingly last year.

To sum that up:

They got better and Nebraska has become worse

The product stinks. And it gets tiring. All excuses aside we got raped by a team we beat rather convincingly last year.

To sum that up:

Unless you believe what Frost says. He thinks we're way better than last yr.

Reactions: Huskred01
Unless you believe what Frost says. He thinks we're way better than last yr.
That isn’t saying much. As we were winless this time last year (maybe we had one win, can’t remember when our bye week was)..

Well, our record is substantially better. We did figure out how to win close games I guess I was being a bit shortsighted about the result to Minnesota. I'll stand corrected, results show we're better.

That isn’t saying much. As we were winless this time last year (maybe we had one win, can’t remember when our bye week was)..
Last yr we didn't get a bye because we filled it with Bethune-Cookman due to the Akron game being cancelled.

Well go ahead and contract the W-L columns from last year and this year. Would you rather be 1-6 again if I promised you another 3 wins?
If both yrs end up 4-8, I would rather have momentum at the end of the year, rather than fade fast and lose the last 6 in a row.

Reactions: jeans15
People post lots of angry things on game day. Venting. I used to have a foam ball my wife gave me to me to throw at the TV back in the Pelini years.

Well go ahead and contract the W-L columns from last year and this year. Would you rather be 1-6 again if I promised you another 3 wins?

The trajectories for the 2 seasons are completely different.

Game 7 last year we beat Minnesota by 25, and went on to win 3 of the last 5 and almost beat Ohio St and Iowa on the road.

Game 7 this year we lost to Minnesota by 27, and will be lucky to win more than 1 of the last 5.

To sum that up:

Agree, however rape is such an offensive analogy . Lots of other word choices

Reactions: huskerj12
There is talk and there are results

Both can be true at the same time. We could be a better team than last year and they could be a better team than last year. In other words, we both improved, but they improved more.

The only things that cannot be true: a) they were better then than we were, b) they were better then than we are now, c) we are a better now than they are now .

The trajectories for the 2 seasons are completely different.

Game 7 last year we beat Minnesota by 25, and went on to win 3 of the last 5 and almost beat Ohio St and Iowa on the road.

Game 7 this year we lost to Minnesota by 27, and will be lucky to win more than 1 of the last 5.
We technically almost beat OSU and Iowa, but 3/4 of those games looked a lot like the Minny game last weekend. Caught some breaks, made a few plays - credit for this, but today’s issues were present in those games

Both can be true at the same time. We could be a better team than last year and they could be a better team than last year. In other words, we both improved, but they improved more.

The only things that cannot be true: a) they were better then than we were, b) they were better then than we are now, c) we are a better now than they are now .

thank you for making me dizzy

I am one who has taken some long breaks from this board and plan to take more. It has become a place of profanity, name calling, constant arguments with other fans (now they just feel sorry for us) and we look so stupid trying to defend ourselves with "almost" victories and our chest thumping past most do not recall. Why subject yourself to that? And it is supposed to be funny to say Iowa sucks when it really is bad if they suck and kick our butts.

I know I am have a critical eye that has served me well throughout my career. Couple that with a little coaching and I know enough to be dangerous. I was called all sorts of names for pointing out deficiencies that I noticed. I was not a true fan. Whatever.

No one really wants to know what the problems are, then they couldn't have an opinion that matters and feel good about saying something profound. At least to them. I never was nor will I be a koolaid drinker. Blessings everyone, find peace in this short life.

I get that side of it. But we have to remember our schedule to this point is a bit easier. When looking at last years scedual and teams we faced. I don't think we would have 4 wins last year with this team. We might have been able to get the Troy game with this team. Other than that not sure.

Think about it...weren't the wins last year much more hopeful and satisfying when they happened than the wins this year? To me yes...we were seeing improvement almost every game during those last 6 games.

This year we are seeing the opposite...every game gets worse and much more undisciplined and poorly managed/played then the previous game.

People post lots of angry things on game day. Venting. I used to have a foam ball my wife gave me to me to throw at the TV back in the Pelini years.

You didn’t use it during the Riley years and parts of the last 1 1/2 seasons? I figured you would have bought/used a dozen by now. Winking

Perhaps its not the product on the field. Perhaps it is the incessant bitching and negativity that envelopes 95 percent of football related posts in this board. Why would people come here to read the constant stream of armchair coaches saying how bad this team sucks? Its damn depressing and maybe people are over it. It sucks the life out of being a fan. It would be like listening to a buddy tell you your wife was a raging bitch. Maybe she is some times but you dont need to hear it 24/7.

Yeah the team has issues. Only a fool would think Frost or any other coach would fix this in two seasons.

But dammit guys, this is YOUR team. Find something good to say about them once in a while. Our coach wants to win for himself, his kids and the fans. To think otherwise demonstrates stupidity on a cosmic scale.

I swear some people here think these coaches and kids like losing. Frost came back to fix it and restore some pride and I think he will. I am a realist and I know it will take time. Some of you guys call for heads to roll of they fail to convert a third down.

This place has all the joy of a cancer ward. Ive been on plenty so I speak from experience.

And with that, I close MY account knowing I shall not be missed!!!

Reading this board after a loss is basically self-flagellation. No one needs that kind of negativity in their life.
I'll add that the number of "visitors" and "new posters" gets tiring. Occasionally there are good cordial ones, but not enough to outweigh the douchebaggery of many.

I find that I come to this board more often for non-game and OT topics nowadays.

Reactions: timnsun
Perhaps its not the product on the field. Perhaps it is the incessant bitching and negativity that envelopes 95 percent of football related posts in this board. Why would people come here to read the constant stream of armchair coaches saying how bad this team sucks? Its damn depressing and maybe people are over it. It sucks the life out of being a fan. It would be like listening to a buddy tell you your wife was a raging bitch. Maybe she is some times but you dont need to hear it 24/7.

Yeah the team has issues. Only a fool would think Frost or any other coach would fix this in two seasons.

But dammit guys, this is YOUR team. Find something good to say about them once in a while. Our coach wants to win for himself, his kids and the fans. To think otherwise demonstrates stupidity on a cosmic scale.

I swear some people here think these coaches and kids like losing. Frost came back to fix it and restore some pride and I think he will. I am a realist and I know it will take time. Some of you guys call for heads to roll of they fail to convert a third down.

This place has all the joy of a cancer ward. Ive been on plenty so I speak from experience.

And with that, I close MY account knowing I shall not be missed!!!

Dude... board suicide?

Seems many here have the same losing mentality of some of the players. When it gets difficult, turtle up and exit. The Quit is pervasive.

Yeah sorry. I get message boards- but when you know someone who has been sexually assaulted, there is nothing funny about it, and it’s repugnant and repulsive.

I get the fallow humor- but yeah, can’t go there with an analogy for something so vile to something as insignificant as a game played by kids, led by vastly overpaid people relative to the contributions they make to the world.

signed, someone who loves the ‘game’

Last edited:
Reactions: allong69ks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT