ADVERTISEMENT

Duke?

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
I thought they were the best basketball team in all space and time. It must be a typo that they are getting blown out by Louisville.

Penn State over Michigan?
Maryland over Purdue?
LSU over Kentucky?

I thought they were the best basketball team in all space and time. It must be a typo that they are getting blown out by Louisville.

Penn State over Michigan?
Maryland over Purdue?
LSU over Kentucky?
Purdue shot less than 20% from the field against Maryland in the 2nd half. The same guys that were draining contested NBA 3s against us were clanking them off the back iron and front of the rim. I think the announcers said that Maryland went on a 28 to 8 run to close the game in that second half. The bottom line is that any team can have an off night. Somebody's sick, somebody's hurt, or the whole team just gets in a funk shooting. It happens. I didn't watch the other games, so I can't comment on them.

I know Duke won but man was Chris Mack a great hire for Ville. Talk about luck. Pitino gone and it just so happens that Mack's wife (I think) is a L'Ville grad.

I know Duke won but man was Chris Mack a great hire for Ville. Talk about luck. Pitino gone and it just so happens that Mack's wife (I think) is a L'Ville grad.
Chris Mack will give Gregg Marshall(whom I like but is a definite loose cannon) a run for his money in the HARD TO LIKE BUT SURE CAN COACH category....

Good golly did Louisville put on a clinic on how to piss away a game. Up 20 with 8 minutes to go and Duke had scored 39 points the entire game. They proceeded to give up 32 points the last 8 minutes (an 80 POINTS per half clip). Took low percentage shots early in the shot clock, turned the ball over time and again with jr. high level ball handling. Fouled over and over, stopping the clock. From the 8 minute mark and with a 20 point lead, Louisville took a 3 pointer 6 seconds into the shot clock, fouled Williamson on a missed Duke shot, made a bucket and then proceeded to have 4 turnovers in less than a minute - all a result of sloppy, panicked ball handling/passing. They had 3 more turnovers and a missed layup in the last 2 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, they fouled Duke with the following amounts of time run off the shot clock on 4 of those Duke possessions: 2 seconds, 8 seconds, 6 seconds, 6 seconds; and ended 6 Duke possessions with free throws (5 before the last minute when the clock would still be running after made buckets.) You can easily run 10 seconds off the clock after every made bucket by walking over to pick up the ball before inbounding. Do that on 5 possessions, and that's 50 seconds of lost time for the other team simply by not fouling - not to mention the additional time running off the clock while they run the offense - though some were on the shot. And if you don't give up the and one - and guard on the 3 point line, that's another possession they need for every two trips down the court. It was a mind-boggeling last 5-8 minutes of basketball by a top 20 team, that's for sure.

Reactions: Wing-Back
Chris Mack will give Gregg Marshall(whom I like but is a definite loose cannon) a run for his money in the HARD TO LIKE BUT SURE CAN COACH category....
Yeah he does seem like he could rub people the wrong way. But man do his teams play hard.

As an Illini fan I am interested in seeing what Underwood can do, I think they might finish this season out on a high note.

Yeah he does seem like he could rub people the wrong way. But man do his teams play hard.

As an Illini fan I am interested in seeing what Underwood can do, I think they might finish this season out on a high note.
Underwood is from McPherson... met him twice...love his coaching style...love that he has a backbone in dealing with Holder at OSU...to me he has the best job in the league

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I WILL say, I like this Duke team a lot...they have heart, they play hard, they share...

That said, K has GOT to tell them...can't run your mouth(which they really have not this year)

I love me Tre Jones

Reactions: SC_'sker
Good golly did Louisville put on a clinic on how to piss away a game. Up 20 with 8 minutes to go and Duke had scored 39 points the entire game. They proceeded to give up 32 points the last 8 minutes (an 80 POINTS per half clip). Took low percentage shots early in the shot clock, turned the ball over time and again with jr. high level ball handling. Fouled over and over, stopping the clock. From the 8 minute mark and with a 20 point lead, Louisville took a 3 pointer 6 seconds into the shot clock, fouled Williamson on a missed Duke shot, made a bucket and then proceeded to have 4 turnovers in less than a minute - all a result of sloppy, panicked ball handling/passing. They had 3 more turnovers and a missed layup in the last 2 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, they fouled Duke with the following amounts of time run off the shot clock on 4 of those Duke possessions: 2 seconds, 8 seconds, 6 seconds, 6 seconds; and ended 6 Duke possessions with free throws (5 before the last minute when the clock would still be running after made buckets.) You can easily run 10 seconds off the clock after every made bucket by walking over to pick up the ball before inbounding. Do that on 5 possessions, and that's 50 seconds of lost time for the other team simply by not fouling - not to mention the additional time running off the clock while they run the offense - though some were on the shot. And if you don't give up the and one - and guard on the 3 point line, that's another possession they need for every two trips down the court. It was a mind-boggeling last 5-8 minutes of basketball by a top 20 team, that's for sure.
This is a huge momentum building win for Duke. On the other hand, I could see Louisville lose their next 3 games after losing a game like this.

I was trying to think of a worse gut punch loss...hard to top giving up a 23 point lead at 9 to go....

Purdue shot less than 20% from the field against Maryland in the 2nd half. The same guys that were draining contested NBA 3s against us were clanking them off the back iron and front of the rim. I think the announcers said that Maryland went on a 28 to 8 run to close the game in that second half. The bottom line is that any team can have an off night. Somebody's sick, somebody's hurt, or the whole team just gets in a funk shooting. It happens. I didn't watch the other games, so I can't comment on them.

Maryland is damn good. That game is really not a huge surprise. And the Terps also field one of the youngest lineups in Division 1.

Bro...speaking of horrible teams. How horrible is Creighton this year and if you think this year is sad...good lord just wait until next year.
I cheer for both teams, pretty much equally. I have zero ties to either university. Both teams are below their normal average this year. And before you say that Neb destroyed Creighton this year (which they did), it would be an entirely different game if they played now.

I know how will they replace Connor Cashaw and Kaleb Joseph. No shot

Replace them with what though? I mean, replacing bad players with bad players just equals more bad play. It isn't like they have sweet recruiting classes coming in. Their 19 class is painful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT