Duel is Needed

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by spinner4, Mar 23, 2020.

1. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

A long time ago Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton has a duel to settle political differences. Burr killed Hamilton, I’m sure you know the story. burrs penance was he was no longer allowed to be in the government. I think it’s time Trump and pelosi considered a duel as an option. Apparently, even still today a duel is not necessarily illegal. They could make the time for the duel secretive and air it. Keep us on our seats and as a way to keep us all quarantined. All the news channels can keep running “stay tuned for the duel, it can happen at any second” aids. Then like day 9 have it.

And to be fair, I know Pelosi is against guns. Let’s let her choose her own Weapon. Trump can still use his pistols. And then we can really see if Nancy is truly against guns.

Before people lose their mind, this is a joke. Kind of . I don’t think any of us would mind if it were to happen. Ha

2. Baxter48

Baxter48 First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

You know everyone is so edgy now, it time for a little humor don’t care if it political or a good Iowa joke

spinner4 likes this.
  3. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Maybe have a senator mcconnell and Schumer UFC fight like day 4. We get some sports back and we already know Dana White isn’t against having a match during this.

leodisflowers likes this.
  4. Wasker77

Wasker77 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Mitch would last a second. I was watching the news tonight and boy has he aged. It takes a lot out of someone to have fight off all the knuckleheads in DC

baseball31ne and spinner4 like this.
  5. mgbreis

mgbreis Senior
    Expand Collapse

Trump is moron, he'd shoot himself in the balls.

Can o' corn and RiLLLLLLLLey like this.
  6. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Schumer isn’t exactly a good bet either. I think it’d turn in to a hair pulling, bitch slapping session for like 2 minutes. Then they’d both tap out

Huskerpro, baseball31ne and Wasker77 like this.
  7. ZaneHickey

ZaneHickey Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Don't agree with the first part...maybe the second. He has a larger set than any male politician in my lifetime. I'm 49, btw. Nancy would be hampered by her own anatomical challenges, on the draw.

8. resdog851

resdog851 Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

I propose an MMA style fight of five rounds featuring Senator Dan Crenshaw verses any other Democrat senator to decide all future decisions from this point forward about how we deal with this plague. House congressmen/women are invited to join. Lets do this. [​IMG]

9. spinner4

spinner4 All-American
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but Crenshaw has to put the patch on the other eye. Let’s make it a fair fight. Still think Crenshaw wins

I’m thinking Maxine waters, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and a 3rd dem from the house against a blinded Crenshaw.

9 spinner4, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  10. resdog851

resdog851 Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

All of us watching that fight. I would be the grinning person though. [​IMG]

spinner4 likes this.
  11. SomedayHusker

SomedayHusker Walk On
    Expand Collapse

Iowa head coach?
    [​IMG]

Or Kentucky senator?
    [​IMG]

headcard, Baxter48 and spinner4 like this.
  12. PeliniTheCrutch

PeliniTheCrutch First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but Trump has those crippling bone spurs, so it might even out.

Can o' corn likes this.
  13. Huskerchief

Huskerchief Walk On
    Expand Collapse

Would love to see Biden in a push-up contest!

14. dinglefritz

dinglefritz College Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

this is one time I would like to be able have a political discussion about something on this board. We've got newspapers blaming the "Republicans" for blocking a stimulus bill in the senate when in fact the "Democrats" are trying to load it up with crap like more emission controls. Likewise there's probably some pork aid for corporations on the Republican side. Personally I think we're going to HAVE to do something for some corporations IF we want to save some jobs. DO YOU JOB. Your job in a situation like this is to help people who are going suffer financially NOW from this deal.. Pelosi and Schumer are trying to use this deal to advance their political agenda. STOP IT. DO YOUR JOB.

huskerfan66, Swiv3D, WHCSC and 5 others like this.
  15. jp4423

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Agree

Mack In Motion likes this.
  16. Husker4real

Husker4real Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Don’t worry, it won’t be long before you hear of somebody shooting somebody over toilet paper or hand sanitizer.

17. ZaneHickey

ZaneHickey Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Hadn't heard about those spurs, but they could well be a factor. Had one removed from big toe joint. It was a total nuisance - barabaric hammer-and-chisel procedure to remove. Advantage, Medusa.

18. husker2612

husker2612 Graduate Assistant
    Expand Collapse

I have no problem with this and bet most of America would be for it. These last 2 days all Americans,Dems or Reps should be pissed and ashamed at what they have sent to Washington to "represent us". Both sides are playing politics with Americans. If any still think they are there to help the people, Im sorry but you are an Idiot. #VOTETHEMALLOUT

19. Bugeater

Bugeater Defensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

ROUND ONE: spinner4 vs mgbreis

spinner4 likes this.
  20. meo1960

meo1960 Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, McConnell is very soft.

21. headcard

headcard Nebraska Legend
    Expand Collapse

If the goal is to save jobs, shouldn't that be a stipulation, rather than just sending them a check?

PeliniTheCrutch likes this.
  22. tdierberger

tdierberger Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

keilwitzg, resdog851 and timnsun like this.
  23. mwulf

mwulf First Team All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

YEP X10000.....however if mail in voting somehow gets included that would be a great development. Not enough people vote in this country and anything that makes it easier should be applauded

24. PvilleHuskerTim

PvilleHuskerTim Walk On
    Expand Collapse

This country already has the ability for mail-in votes. At least in Nebraska for the nearly 40 years I have been eligible to vote in federal elections. Maybe other states are different, but I doubt it.

The issue is the Democratic leadership has proposed having virtual no control over the process and allowing "handlers" to mail in votes (or submit to the election office). The opportunity to have fraudulent voting from this process is overwhelming.

If a person can't make the effort to vote in person, or request an absentee ballot in advance of an election, then I don't want that person voting in the first place.

25. mwulf

Expand Collapse

I get that but it taking 15 minutes to vote in Round Rock and 7 hours to vote in Prairie View is a problem. Voter suppression is real thing and anything that makes it easier for all to vote should be the goal

26. TheNewNU

TheNewNU Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

Senator? McCain Jr. Is a congressmen from Texas he is another Romney Ryan Bush McCain Globalist Neocon chickenhawk.

27. huskerfan66

huskerfan66 Assistant Head Coach
    Expand Collapse

So that's the bunny bracket then??

28. PvilleHuskerTim

PvilleHuskerTim Walk On
    Expand Collapse

I don't want to get into a big p*ssing match, but how is voter suppression a real thing? Where does that actually occur? If the response is that someone has to show an ID to vote or obtain an absentee ballot, then that is completely made up. How do people do a million other things that require an ID?

I would rather the apathetic voter remain that way and not vote then add to the ability to easily commit voter fraud.

29. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

There are people who through no fault of their own are going to lose their jobs. People live paycheck to paycheck in this country so like it or not we need to be sure people can feed their families. I think the federal stimulus idea of just sending out checks is pretty stupid but the goal is to just get more cash in circulation to stimulate the economy whether it all goes to by booze and cigarettes or drugs.

WHCSC likes this.
  30. mwulf

Expand Collapse

Happened in your state earlier this month. No one should take 7 hours to vote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...29486a-5e2e-11ea-b014-4fafa866bb81_story.html

31. Baxter48

Expand Collapse

Sinomatic, WHCSC and BigredN like this.
  32. Baxter48

Expand Collapse

I believe I read the the average person’s credit card debt is around $8,000 per person, now my wife and myself don’t have any credit card debt so some people are carrying a lot more than $8,000. Pretty scary

33. Solana Beach Husker

Solana Beach Husker Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

what makes you think Trump can shoot a gun....he is a New Yorker who grew up rich, was given millions by daddy...he is a concrete baby...I am always depressed by the number of people who think Trump is like them...he patronizes a lot of people, and manipulates a lot of people, and cucks a lot of people...but he doesn't and never has lived like those people. Sadly his opponents have decided to act like him and fight fire with fire which has made him appear reasonable.

phoenix4nu likes this.
  34. PvilleHuskerTim

PvilleHuskerTim Walk On
    Expand Collapse

An activist calling it voter suppression is the support? They only say that to garner an emotional response, not based on actual data. Generally, if a person is in line they still get to vote. Just because it took 7 hours in 1 specific location doesn’t mean that people are actively trying to stop people from voting. Seems like polling places were closed a number of years ago with no issues.

Mack In Motion and Bugeater like this.
  35. Bugeater

Expand Collapse

His opponents are a bunch of idiots, I'm sure that depresses you as well.

36. Baxter48

Expand Collapse

Trump went to a military prep school. Pretty sure he knows how to shoot a gun

dinglefritz likes this.
  37. Bugeater

Expand Collapse

Texas has a very liberal early voting apparatus, there is no reason that people don't or won't have the opportunity to vote. All of the people in line at Texas Southern could have voted at any time during the previous month, they simply chose to wait until election day, and that decision had consequences, as they do in situations such as this.

But let me guess:
    Long lines came in precincts which have majorities of Democrats.
    The lines are a result of closing voting locations, reducing or eliminating alternative voting methods which are likely to be used by democrats, and merit free obstacles like picture ID requirements designed to reduce voting participation by younger voters and the poor. And no democrat will get blamed for any of those. Amazing.

dinglefritz likes this.
  38. Dean Pope

Dean Pope Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

If we really wanted to make our nation great again, Democrat citizens and Republican alike would hold politicians of their own party accountable and not be so easily influenced by the media. The only time we see anything close to this is during political primary season.

Want to know how Republican politicians truly feel about Trump? Look up what they said about him in the spring of 2016. Nothing has changed other than they are scared s***less of Trump (especially Fischer and Sasse).

Same is true of Democrats. They are worse.

I am conservative so no name calling here. Just calling it as I see it. I figured I would pick on my Republicans this time. I learned about propaganda in high school and it's alive and well in our media today. Both sides.

WHCSC and PeliniTheCrutch like this.
  39. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

Please spare us. Just about everybody can vote absentee now. People who don't have a job wait until everybody else gets off work then they go try to vote. I saw it every f'n day in my business. Oh it's closing time, damn I better get there before they close. They sat on their ass all day long then walked in the door right before we closed. Most often long lines are caused by voting machine or computer problems not purposeful voter suppression. Just quit with the MSNBC propaganda.

40. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

Republicans largely respect the policies that Trump has promoted. Period. It has nothing to do with fear. One of my own senators who I know dislikes Trump greatly but supports almost all of his policy. Sasse especially has been an outspoken critic of Trump. There is no question that we are bombarded with fabricated pieces of biased crap from our TV news. Now that most of the small town newspapers are own by large "progressive" corporate Media groups the newspapers are getting just as bad. I generally look to Reuters to find actual reporting instead of the constant opinion pieces you get from major U.S. news outlets.

Sinomatic, Dean Pope and Bugeater like this.