ADVERTISEMENT

Duck player sueing Oregon over workouts

Wow, thank god he didn't join the military then since the workouts were like basic training. Stop with the sue happy world. You could have easily put your health first.

If I urinate and it’s black I’m going to the doctor asafp. Doesn’t say what he did for prevention or for his time outside of the training.

Triggered snowflake.
Wow, thank god he didn't join the military then since the workouts were like basic training. Stop with the sue happy world. You could have easily put your health first.
Hope he's graj-eh-tated cuz that wont do a thing for his PT.

Y'all are being embarrassingly ignorant, especially after what happened at Maryland this year. This is a teenager who had a promising football career, and now his kidneys are permanently screwed up because they were WITHHOLDING WATER FROM PLAYERS.

If you think basic training is more difficult than workouts for a D1 program, you obviously never played football at a competitive level. 6A High School football has more strenuous workouts than basic.

Y'all are being embarrassingly ignorant, especially after what happened at Maryland this year. This is a teenager who had a promising football career, and now his kidneys are permanently screwed up because they were WITHHOLDING WATER FROM PLAYERS.

If you think basic training is more difficult than workouts for a D1 program, you obviously never played football at a competitive level. 6A High School football has more strenuous workouts than basic.

The article made the reference to the training being like military workouts so you can blame them for that. I can imagine my fat ass wouldn't last through either these days.

If his kidneys are damaged due to rhabdomyolysis caused by the required workout, then he's right to file suit.

In the 80s, I went through my Basic Training in the summer at Ft. Bliss Texas. We all had to carry canteens and drink regularly. Even during those god awful grass drills. Even then the Army had sense and protected its privates from this sort of issue.

What is described is much less thoughtful than basic military training.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8675309husker
The withholding water part is also what stood out to me. If true, that's just utter stupidity. I thought "snowflake" was the ultimate insult from conservatives, who love Trump, who is the self-proclaimed "King of Lawsuits"? I can't reconcile it. Anyway...

I should sue Huffy for all those damn scrapes and bruises I received as a kid..
did you even reach the article brah? Pee was black, wasn't allowed to drink water the first day of workouts....you are equating scrapes and bruises because you can't ride a bike to an adult in a position of power abusing players who just want to play.

did you even reach the article brah? Pee was black, wasn't allowed to drink water the first day of workouts....you are equating scrapes and bruises because you can't ride a bike to an adult in a position of power abusing players who just want to play.
Who the hell okay'd this? There had to be an S&C coach and/or training staff that would oversee the workouts that would talk some sense into whatever moron wanted to withhold water. Not only amazingly stupid, but also extremely tone deaf.

I don’t pretend to know enough details, but I think the general concept is players should accept inherent risks of a dangerous sport, but coaches etc. are very responsible for ensuring safety standards. Maryland case was insane from what I saw, difficult to imagine the level of negligence there. Oregon withholding water sounds absolutely negligent, and not watching guys carefully who probably had symptoms for a few days could be borderline.
Compared to Nebraska where it was day 1 if I’m not mistaken where two guys went down w/ rabdo. The staff had little way of knowing how poor the conditioning would be and a day one incident seems like it’d be an uncommon occurrance for D1 athlete with little time for staff to notice anything was going awry.
Again, just a general observation.
That being said I hope our guys don’t come back with their own suit.

Who the hell okay'd this? There had to be an S&C coach and/or training staff that would oversee the workouts that would talk some sense into whatever moron wanted to withhold water. Not only amazingly stupid, but also extremely tone deaf.

I experienced this at a High School in Oklahoma (a team that actually featured a future Husker), and it was usually "no water until such and such is completed" used as a way to motivate. Looking back on it, it was pretty screwed up.

Reactions: ThrowBones92
As I said earlier if the pee was black get to a doctor. Also what level was your conditioning to have that happen after one day? Not absolving the coaches but curious if there was preassessment done on the athletes or if the guys weren’t as honest as they should have been about their level of shape.

As I said earlier if the pee was black get to a doctor. Also what level was your conditioning to have that happen after one day? Not absolving the coaches but curious if there was preassessment done on the athletes or if the guys weren’t as honest as they should have been about their level of shape.
Are you ****ing blind dude? HE WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR A WEEK AND THEY WITHHELD WATER

Only a baseball player would be confused as to how sports conditioning could be so difficult

The withholding water part is also what stood out to me. If true, that's just utter stupidity. I thought "snowflake" was the ultimate insult from conservatives, who love Trump, who is the self-proclaimed "King of Lawsuits"? I can't reconcile it. Anyway...

I had rabdo from a workout. Yes it comes from a hard work out. But it is also a result from how you treated your body after such workouts.Yes in today’s day and age a S&C coach should not be w/holding water. That’s ridiculous.

But $5 million is insane. Understand this, rabdo has no long term effects. The first 24-48 hours suck but the next 5-ish days in the hospital getting rest and your enzyme count down. After a week, your as good as new. Maybe sore for a few more weeks, but again nothing long term.

Next thing we will see is kids going after S&C coaches for making them feel sore after a work out. Yes the word snowflake applies here and no I’m not a Trump fan as mgbresis Wants to claim. I use the word snowflake to those kids in the younger generation that are weak and entitled. Has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with being a cry baby. The lawsuit is ludicrous. A week of this kids life is not worth $5 million. If he were to sue for something much less, I’d be ok with it. But the clam makes me discredit everything. Remember rabdo has zero long term side effects. Anyone ever been sore for a week from a work out?

Are you ****ing blind dude? HE WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR A WEEK AND THEY WITHHELD WATER

Only a baseball player would be confused as to how sports conditioning could be so difficult

if I’m feeling that screwed up and my pee was that color, you’re saying only a football player would be dumb enough not to stop and get checked?

Not blind at all, just not a DBag needing to belittle anyone there.

This case has the potential precedence to impact all of sport. So, standby, as the potential punitive damage requirements of high school, college and pro teams skyrocket.

What you will see more often than not in the near future in college athletics, are administrators with law degrees versus PhD's.

A smart CEO of a large publically traded company told me long ago ... go back to law school to keep your wealth, or suffer the consequences.

These coaches need to be a lot smarter about January workouts. If you're starting a new workout program, 50% isn't good enough. Heck try any new workout program and you'd be lucky if you can do it at 20% the first day. Coaches need to be a lot smarter about how their workouts are done after an off period and be held accountable if something happens.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT