ADVERTISEMENT

Draft Drouth

Red I 73

All-American
Nov 25, 2007
West Des Moines, Iowa
Chatelain wrote a story on the failure to have a Nebraska player drafted in the top four rounds in the last five years. Huskers are the only BIG school to not have a player drafted in the top four rounds during that time period. Nebraska, Arizona and Georgia Tech are the only teams in Division 1. Pretty stunning. Good indication why we're on a losing streak.

Agreed. Several ppl have said the roster had a lot of talent than most other b10 west schools during that time period. That is one more indicator that it didnt.

Last edited:
Agreed. Several ppl have said the roster had a lot of talent during that time period. That is one more indicator that it didnt.
You can say that it was coaching as there was talent and when not properly coached, players won't reach their potential. Leave it to Lil Boo Boo and Playsoft Riley.

Reactions: oldjar07
Awww what happened...did Bo cuss you out and hurt your feelings or did Carl bang your wife out too??!

No losing streaks with Bo, 9-10 wins every year, conference title game every other year, multiple players drafted every year thru allrounds, multiple all conference players every year....even the year he was fired.

I'll take it...

You can say that it was coaching as there was talent and when not properly coached, players won't reach their potential. Leave it to Lil Boo Boo and Playsoft Riley.
This is exactly it. Just because a player has talent doesn't mean they don't need to be developed throughout their 3-5 year college career. If our players are hardly getting any better during their entire time here, they're likely not going to get drafted regardless if they were talented coming in.

Reactions: Red I 73
Totally agree on the coaching. And I agree there was some talent. I just dont think there was enough talent or the proper culture especially under Reilly.

Reactions: Wyldcard
Awww what happened...did Bo cuss you out and hurt your feelings or did Carl bang your wife out too??!

No losing streaks with Bo, 9-10 wins every year, conference title game every other year, multiple players drafted every year thru allrounds, multiple all conference players every year....even the year he was fired.

I'll take it...
Its hard to disagree with your points here. 9 or 10 wins does sound nice. But many of those wins were done with smoke and mirrors. Squeaking out wins over teams that we should have been killing. And nearly everytime we played a team with a pulse they crushed us. I dont like what we have seen the last few years. But I didnt like the downward trend at the end of Bo's tenure or anything under the colossal failure that was MR either. I really hope the program starts trending in the right direction this year.

Its hard to disagree with your points here. 9 or 10 wins does sound nice. But many of those wins were done with smoke and mirrors. Squeaking out wins over teams that we should have been killing. And nearly everytime we played a team with a pulse they crushed us. I dont like what we have seen the last few years. But I didnt like the downward trend at the end of Bo's tenure or anything under the colossal failure that was MR either. I really hope the program starts trending in the right direction this year.

Why do some have to break their necks to find a way to criticize wins Bo had, Frank or Tom had just to justify Scott Frost's failure as Head Coach in Lincoln so far.

Tell me what college program outside of Alabama that hasn't squeaked out wins in the last 10 years against mediocre opponents?? Happens all the time, the point is a good coach finds a way to win those games NOT lose them. Scott supposed to be this offensive guru. Who had better offenses even tho Scott had better recruits than Bo did (rankings wise) last 4 years?? You already know and it hasn't been close so far.

It's prove it time for Scott.....NOW!

I think we all knew that both recruiting and development were pretty sketchy under Riley. So far, we really only have a couple of players that were recruited by Frost to Nebraska that have even entered the draft so there's nothing much to go on at this point.

Bo's reign ended more than five years ago.
We have a roster full of talent now even though unproven in key areas, The only teams that Pelini had a whole roster of talent was literally 2009-2010 which was stocked with mostly Callahan's recruits. 2011-2015 had talented players but in no way did he have a roster full, same with Riley and he had almost nothing when he got the boot.

So I believe it is more commonly spelled drought. And pronounced as "drout".

That said, I've noticed that some people pronounce it as "drouth". Mostly seems to be people in rural parts of the Midwest. Just curious.

Reactions: Wyldcard
Why do some have to break their necks to find a way to criticize wins Bo had, Frank or Tom had just to justify Scott Frost's failure as Head Coach in Lincoln so far.

Tell me what college program outside of Alabama that hasn't squeaked out wins in the last 10 years against mediocre opponents?? Happens all the time, the point is a good coach finds a way to win those games NOT lose them. Scott supposed to be this offensive guru. Who had better offenses even tho Scott had better recruits than Bo did (rankings wise) last 4 years?? You already know and it hasn't been close so far.

It's prove it time for Scott.....NOW!
Agreed on prove it time for Scott. But no one is breaking their neck to be critical of Bo. Bo served up plenty of reasons. And yes many programs have to squeak out wins. However Bo made a living of doing that. Im not saying that I think Bo was a terrible coach. Im saying Bo had all the pieces he needed to better than he was. The jury is still out on Scott but the pieces he has to work with are getting better. Only time will tell.

I think we all knew that both recruiting and development were pretty sketchy under Riley. So far, we really only have a couple of players that were recruited by Frost to Nebraska that have even entered the draft so there's nothing much to go on at this point.
What players of Frost's have entered the draft? Jaimes and Farniok were both Riley recruits. I guess he's had a transfer RB enter the draft and go undrafted.

I'll take it...
You're free to pull up a bar stool next to Bo. Unemployable.

Mills, or at least I think he tried to get drafted. That might be it actually.
What is really unfortunate IMO is that Frost burned that scholarship on Mo Washington instead of trying to land a solid RB like Devine. That JUCO bust coupled with Mo killed us. HOPEFULLY that is fixed now with the RB room we have.

You're free to pull up a bar stool next to Bo. Unemployable.
Bo doesn't need to be employable anymore. Between the money he took from NU and now what LSU has to pay him, he can go play golf. That said, IF I were an NFL coach, I would hire Bo to coach linebackers in a heartbeat.

Bo doesn't need to be employable anymore. Between the money he took from NU and now what LSU has to pay him, he can go play golf. That said, IF I were an NFL coach, I would hire Bo to coach linebackers in a heartbeat.
He should find a high school to coach so he can get back to screaming at kids with piss and spit flying everywhere.

He should find a high school to coach so he can get back to screaming at kids with piss and spit flying everywhere.
Mmm no. His act is perfect for the NFL. He wouldn't dare act out on an NFL linebacker like he did on his assistants and players. Somebody would kill him. You know I think the dude might actually have it under control now. Failure is humbling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT