ADVERTISEMENT

DR, Barney and Nelson

Hard to believe that the country already knows about DR, is learning who Barney is, and doesn't know who Nelson is.

DR is gonna get some $tupid number$ thrown at him this off season. I’m not too worried about it at this point, but Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, Miami, Oregon, PSU and others will (or could be) in the market for a QB next year. We need to get Dylan a couple stud OL and a RB in the portal, put the proper pieces around him. Like I said, I’m not overly worried about next year, but if we don’t give Dylan what he needs to win… I can’t blame him if he starts listening to those offers after his sophomore season.

DR is gonna get some $tupid number$ thrown at him this off season. I’m not too worried about it at this point, but Bama, UGA, OSU, Clemson, Miami, Oregon, PSU and others will (or could be) in the market for a QB next year. We need to get Dylan a couple stud OL and a RB in the portal, put the proper pieces around him. Like I said, I’m not overly worried about next year, but if we don’t give Dylan what he needs to win… I can’t blame him if he starts listening to those offers after his sophomore season.
I finished my masters at Michigan before I went to medical school. I was in Ann Arbor last week for the USC game. Booster and alumni were talking about how much they were going to throw at a portal QB in the offseason. The number that was floated was something like 4-5 million dollars.

All that is to say we better put an OL around DR or we'll definitely have teams that will throw that kind of money at him to leave Nebraska.

I finished my masters at Michigan before I went to medical school. I was in Ann Arbor last week for the USC game. Booster and alumni were talking about how much they were going to throw at a portal QB in the offseason. The number that was floated was something like 4-5 million dollars.

All that is to say we better put an OL around DR or we'll definitely have teams that will throw that kind of money at him to leave Nebraska.

If a program offers Dylan or anyone else that kind of jack, you just have to tip your cap to a kid who has put himself in that position and thank him for trying us out and wish him well and use it as a recruiting tool for another H.S. QB.

"We helped put our last QB in a position to retire before he was 25..." or something like that.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
If a program offers Dylan or anyone else that kind of jack, you just have to tip your cap to a kid who has put himself in that position and thank him for trying us out and wish him well and use it as a recruiting tool for another H.S. QB.

"We helped put our last QB in a position to retire before he was 25..." or something like that.
Agreed. This is Dave portnoy alone pledging 3 milliion dollars. It's crazy the money that Nebraska will have to compete with to stay relevant for some of these top players.

Dave Portnoy pledges Michigan football $3M NIL for transfer QB (usatoday.com)

No. You are Nebraska and you offer more. You then take more money and go get him more weapons.

Nelson hasn't put any wow plays on highlight reels yet. He needed to have high jumped the pile on that goal line dive and stuck the landing.
Any decent football fan can tell Nelson is going to be good. He's getting snaps and designed plays and he didn't enroll early like the other true freshman that are showing out.

Nelson hasn't put any wow plays on highlight reels yet. He needed to have high jumped the pile on that goal line dive and stuck the landing.
I liked the idea of having him high point that ball across the goal line, Nelson just didn’t execute it. Seemed afraid of fumbling.

I liked the idea of having him high point that ball across the goal line, Nelson just didn’t execute it. Seemed afraid of fumbling.
It would have possibly gotten swatted out. I have no faith in replay officials making the right call in that case.

I think you underestimate how many people in this fanbase can walk into a John Deere with a briefcase of cash to buy a brand new combine without even giving it a thought or worry. There is stupid money in this State.
99% of people buying a new combine finance it. They keep trading up to avoid paying income tax by using section 179. Higher interest rates have led to larger numbers of tractors and combines sitting on lots in our area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT