ADVERTISEMENT

DPE is Sorely Missed

wxman42

Oct 8, 2012
I know every team has injuries but the loss of DPE is huge. He could have been a major factor in the two losses. Personally I hope they don't rush him back and end up making his injury worse. If they have to use a redshirt so be it.

I know every team has injuries but the loss of DPE is huge. He could have been a major factor in the two losses. Personally I hope they don't rush him back and end up making his injury worse. If they have to use a redshirt so be it.
can he play defense?

can he play defense?
We'd be undefeated with a healthy DPE. Sounds like he's processing well. Can't wait to see him on those jet sweeps!

We'd be undefeated with a healthy DPE. Sounds like he's processing well. Can't wait to see him on those jet sweeps!
Totally disagree. This team would still have lossed the games it did even if DPE would have played. I felt like #westerkamp filled in admirably on punt returns today and as slot WR in place of DPE

Totally disagree. This team would still have lossed the games it did even if DPE would have played. I felt like #westerkamp filled in admirably on punt returns today and as slot WR in place of DPE
No doubt Westercamp is a stud but DPE adds a whole new dimension to this offense. Still believe he's worth enough points that we'd be sitting 3-0. Just my opinion.

The kid is a stud and is missed. The more athletes we have on the field the harder it is to cover everything and no doubt him not being in there is a void.

The kid is a stud and is missed. The more athletes we have on the field the harder it is to cover everything and no doubt him not being in there is a void.
Having DPE on the field obviously makes us a better team but I wouldn`t say we would have for sure beat BYU OR miami with him in the lineup

Having DPE on the field obviously makes us a better team but I wouldn`t say we would have for sure beat BYU OR miami with him in the lineup

I think we beat BYU with him in the game but Miami is another story with the mess that was going on through much of the game.

In what instances against BYU where would DPE have made the difference?

There is no real instance that I could say he would've been a game changer. I think the difference is that the game was at home, the team didn't play nearly as rusty as they did against Miami which would've given him plenty of time to be a great asset. He's a great player and great players make an impact in games, even more so in close games.

There is no real instance that I could say he would've been a game changer. I think the difference is that the game was at home, the team didn't play nearly as rusty as they did against Miami which would've given him plenty of time to be a great asset. He's a great player and great players make an impact in games, even more so in close games.
That's why great teams have depth. Let's not forget that we didn't lose to OSU and FSU. Miami isn't even a top 30 and they tolled us before their horrible coach took over, players quit or got kicked out, played prevent, had 2 TDs called back etc.....

That's why great teams have depth. Let's not forget that we didn't lose to OSU and FSU. Miami isn't even a top 30 and they tolled us before their horrible coach took over, players quit or got kicked out, played prevent, had 2 TDs called back etc.....

How many teams replace their stars with stars? Very few can support that..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT