ADVERTISEMENT

Down goes Creighton!!

OwlsRule

Walk On
May 29, 2001
Bluejay fans have to be ready to jump off a bridge after losing another game in the last minute. Lack of talent in crunch time kills them time and time again this season.

Big East is not very good basketball. How many teams do they get in besides Villanova? NU would be in the top three of the Big East .

Big East will probably get 6 ...solid conference ...Creighton had a rough but exciting year none the less....better to be in the game until the final minute then unable to score a consistent basket....Next year can only go up for all of the states D1 programs..Be really cool if all three could get in the tourney in the same year some time

There are more than a few college basketball analysts that consider the Big East the second best conference. While I think that's maybe a bit high, I think they're reasonably a top 4 conference. Creighton has a win over Oklahoma and Nebraska (in Lincoln), so other than blind hatred of Creighton, I have no idea where your false sense of superiority comes from. They own us.

Well.....ok. But the Big East is a pretty good conference, and Creighton took their number two seed to the wire. And don't make an asinine statement that Nebraska would be in the top three of the Big East. This years Huskers team might be able to beat DePaul and that's about it from that conference.

Owls rule,

Yes, they had a lack of talent to finish off games. However, Nebraska would not be in the top three of the Big East. Moreover, the Big East is good at basketball, they have a 6-bid conference, which is only one less than the Big 10. With the way the Huskers played this year, they would've probably been a 7-10 seed in the Big East tournament. Keep in mind Nebraska just lost to Penn State, and lost 10 straight games to end the season. Villanova, Georgetown, Butler, Providence, Xavier, Saint John's? The Big Red would have lost all 6 of those on the road, plus 2 to 3 at home. The Big East is not weak.

This post was edited on 3/12 10:25 PM by maplesyrup95

Originally posted by OwlsRule:
Bluejay fans have to be ready to jump off a bridge after losing another game in the last minute. Lack of talent in crunch time kills them time and time again this season.

Big East is not very good basketball. How many teams do they get in besides Villanova? NU would be in the top three of the Big East .
You need to watch more college basketball.

Hitting the sauce a little hard tonight, are you?

Besides Villanova, Butler, Georgetown and Providence are locks to get into the tournament, and St. Johns and Xavier are decent bets to get in as well.

I don't get to watch that much Big East basketball, but I like what I see there. They got hit hard by conference realignment, and instead of just laying down and dying, they put together a pretty solid league. It's not bursting with Final Four contenders, but it's pretty good.

Nebraska would be in the top 3 of Big East?
ohwell.r191677.gif

I know it's early, but I'm nominating this as stupid post of the day. So much fail in here.

We shall see how well the Big East does in the tourney vs the Big 10. I just dont see it with teams like Georgetown, Butler, and Xavier doing much. Creighton had lots of painful lossses this season after the season started with hope after the OU game.

Penn St moves on again after knocking off Iowa yesterday to make it to the quarters.

So besides Wisconsin and maybe Maryland, which Big 10 teams are going to do any damage in the tournament?

The Big East isn't a great conference, but the notion that Villanova might be its only tournament term is nonsense - almost as ridiculous as the idea that this year's Nebraska team would finish third if it played in the Big East.

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by schuele:
So besides Wisconsin and maybe Maryland, which Big 10 teams are going to do any damage in the tournament?

The Big East isn't a great conference, but the notion that Villanova might be its only tournament term is nonsense - almost as ridiculous as the idea that this year's Nebraska team would finish third if it played in the Big East.
Honestly, I wouldn't want to play MSU, OSU, or Purdue in March. MSU and OSU are still stocked with talent...and Izzo can outcoach most on any given day. And I certainly wouldn't want to face D'Angelo Russell who is arguably the top guard in the nation. Purdue is going to get a lower seed(assuming they beat PSU) and I could see them making the sweet 16 depending on their draw. Their frontcourt will be tough for anyone to handle outside of the few top teams in the nation. I don't expect all three of those teams to go on a run but it wouldn't surprise me to see MSU or OSU go as far as the elite 8.

Idiot. As I recall, Creighton stuck it to the Huskers pretty well this season in Lincoln and ended up a 10 seed in the Big East tournament.

They are talking about possibly 6 teams from that conference making the dance.

Would you please join my bracket challenge? I need more competition like you.
I will agree the Big East is overrated though.
NU in top 3 - HA!

ADVERTISEMENT