ADVERTISEMENT

Down field shots

What happened to these? Same staff, same system, same school.

How much longer we gonna beat this dead horse?

If they could throw them, they would. They clearly can't execute it. You don't have a QB who puts a 7 yard curl on the money, what magic wand do we wave for them to start dropping 45 yard strikes in the bucket?

Reactions: dinglefritz
You will hear replies that include the term "offensive line".

However, is you watch the plays in that clip, the QB was not holding the ball waiting for the play to develop until his third or 4th read.

Ball was out of his hands quickly on most of them.

It is NOT an OL issue.

Morgan and Spielman gone and our line can't block?

The sad part is I noticed the number of INTs just in their little Twitter practice cut-ups in the preseason. It's pretty clear at this point that at pass that travels more than about 15 yards in the air is at likely to end up in a defender's hands as in our WR's.

Our QBs stare at it forever and then make a late, inaccurate throw. That's a wet dream for any defender in zone coverage.

Someplace there are stats on Adrian vs Cover 3. It's nightmarish. He can't read a defense.

How much longer we gonna beat this dead horse?

If they could throw them, they would. They clearly can't execute it. You don't have a QB who puts a 7 yard curl on the money, what magic wand do we wave for them to start dropping 45 yard strikes in the bucket?

I get that. But we have the same QB throwing the ball as we did in those clips.

The sad part is I noticed the number of INTs just in their little Twitter practice cut-ups in the preseason. It's pretty clear at this point that at pass that travels more than about 15 yards in the air is at likely to end up in a defender's hands as in our WR's.

Our QBs stare at it forever and then make a late, inaccurate throw. That's a wet dream for any defender in zone coverage.

Someplace there are stats on Adrian vs Cover 3. It's nightmarish. He can't read a defense.
And it’s worse with LM. He had an INT against Cover 2 in the Illinois game you would be pissed at a JH kid for throwing.

Reactions: TheBeav815
had a few on saturday, just missed them.

they should keep throwing them. contrary to what many seem to believe, you do not have to be the most accurate passer in the world to complete those. margin of error is bigger the longer a receiver has to adjust.

as for reading coverage, this is not anything new. experience experience experience.

had a few on saturday, just missed them.

they should keep throwing them. contrary to what many seem to believe, you do not have to be the most accurate passer in the world to complete those. margin of error is bigger the longer a receiver has to adjust.

as for reading coverage, this is not anything new. experience experience experience.

There was a play where Luke rolled out, had time and missed both Wandale and Betts running wide open deep, instead throwing into a tight double covered window short.
Gotta to teach QB to see the field. Not seeing an open guy once in a while happens, but to never find one after 4 games is just bad coaching.

Martinez is the guy throwing. Last week we had Betts and Wandale wide open deep. Instead McCaffrey opted to throw to a tight end that was covered by 3 guys. Our IQ is that of a middle school team. Zero balls or intelligence.
That’s my Monday morning rant.
Ha! was typing before I saw yours

Reactions: CatColumbia
Martinez is the guy throwing. Last week we had Betts and Wandale wide open deep. Instead McCaffrey opted to throw to a tight end that was covered by 3 guys. Our IQ is that of a middle school team. Zero balls or intelligence.
That’s my Monday morning rant.
notice every single clip is from 2018.

2019 was death valley in terms of deep completions by martinez. mccaffrey hit several, however.

There was a play where Luke rolled out, had time and missed both Wandale and Betts running wide open deep, instead throwing into a tight double covered window short.
Gotta to teach QB to see the field. Not seeing an open guy once in a while happens, but to never find one after 4 games is just bad coaching.
yep. hopefully that awareness comes with game experience.

not too many brett favres out there, and who knows what they're coaching him to look at during the week. plenty of times in this offense where the outside guy runs deep just to clear the field for crossers, and it's not even part of the progression.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Our QBs look like they have zero ability to read a defense. If you don't tell them "Count one, two, and throw it here" they are absolutely lost.

It's the same thing I do playing video games, if I go 4-5 wide I'm an interception machine because I can't look at a defense and tell you the difference between Cover 3, Quarters, Cover 6, I have no idea. If you gave me the tape, a whiteboard and an hour I might not be able to tell you what any coverage other than man was. These kids need to be able to do it in 2-3 seconds. They can't.

They throw to a guy but they couldn't tell you why they're doing it. And you can try to teach that but not everyone can learn everything.

It's that stubbornness that keeps you with Luke still at the QB position at all, he was the only QB they took that cycle, and you could see up and down that he was a runner. But you played him at QB and didn't take anyone else because you're scared to lose him. Well guess what? You were afraid of having 1 QB by trying for 2, what you have is actually 0 QBs from that cycle by putting all your chips on a project.

He's a kid you should have told, "We're taking you as an athlete. You will get a shot at QB but you'll practice where we put you so if you only want to play QB God bless, good luck to you."

They did it again with Smothers. Adrian looking broken as anything, playing horribly. Luke not ready, surely he did in practice what he did on Saturday. And you only took Logan because you don't wanna scare him off. Here comes 2021, they offer Henrich Haarberg that absolutely nobody else is talking about. Surely there's another QB coming in this class though right? Evidently not! What, is this kid from Cornfed High who nobody would know about if NU didn't offer him gonna go play someplace else if he isn't the crowned princess of the position group?

Admit who you are as a playcaller. You want to throw the ball more than you want to run it, just admit it. So why the hell are you signing kids who can run but are total projects throwing the football and reading defenses?

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Our QBs look like they have zero ability to read a defense. If you don't tell them "Count one, two, and throw it here" they are absolutely lost.

It's the same thing I do playing video games, if I go 4-5 wide I'm an interception machine because I can't look at a defense and tell you the difference between Cover 3, Quarters, Cover 6, I have no idea. If you gave me the tape, a whiteboard and an hour I might not be able to tell you what any coverage other than man was. These kids need to be able to do it in 2-3 seconds. They can't.

They throw to a guy but they couldn't tell you why they're doing it. And you can try to teach that but not everyone can learn everything.

It's that stubbornness that keeps you with Luke still at the QB position at all, he was the only QB they took that cycle, and you could see up and down that he was a runner. But you played him at QB and didn't take anyone else because you're scared to lose him. Well guess what? You were afraid of having 1 QB by trying for 2, what you have is actually 0 QBs from that cycle by putting all your chips on a project.

He's a kid you should have told, "We're taking you as an athlete. You will get a shot at QB but you'll practice where we put you so if you only want to play QB God bless, good luck to you."

They did it again with Smothers. Adrian looking broken as anything, playing horribly. Luke not ready, surely he did in practice what he did on Saturday. And you only took Logan because you don't wanna scare him off. Here comes 2021, they offer Henrich Haarberg that absolutely nobody else is talking about. Surely there's another QB coming in this class though right? Evidently not! What, is this kid from Cornfed High who nobody would know about if NU didn't offer him gonna go play someplace else if he isn't the crowned princess of the position group?

Admit who you are as a playcaller. You want to throw the ball more than you want to run it, just admit it. So why the hell are you signing kids who can run but are total projects throwing the football and reading defenses?
there has not been one single instance of Frost as a play caller passing more than running over the course of a season.

not one.

while I would like to hear more about your prowess in madden/ncaa football, this entire post is predicated on a false pretense.

Reactions: drubendall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT