ADVERTISEMENT

dOSU vs. A&M

Are you guys gonna have a cow now?

Hey, I had no problem with you guys playing Chattanooga. Whatever floats your boat.
I don’t know who didn’t see this coming from over a mile away... hell most of us called it way back when they shot us down in week 2.... I honestly don’t care but hopefully it will make some of y’all admit that there is a bias against us...

Granted Chattanooga isn’t A&M so the level of competition will be way better for OSU and that game will help them more then it would by playing Michigan anyways... but at the end of the day all I ask for is things to just be even... give consistency across the board

I don’t know who didn’t see this coming from over a mile away... hell most of us called it way back when they shot us down in week 2.... I honestly don’t care but hopefully it will make some of y’all admit that there is a bias against us...

Granted Chattanooga isn’t A&M so the level of competition will be way better for OSU and that game will help them more then it would by playing Michigan anyways... but at the end of the day all I ask for is things to just be even... give consistency across the board

I think it shows that their first inclination of not playing this fall was the right one. When you consider college football players have better access to to testing than health care workers it tells you all you need to know.

I think it shows that their first inclination of not playing this fall was the right one. When you consider college football players have better access to to testing than health care workers it tells you all you need to know.
Not to make this political, but how many players have lost their lives? How is it the right decision to not play when the mortality rate among these football players is hovering around 0%?

How many coaches have died? I haven’t heard of any at this point...

If you want to make the argument that the priority for testing is out of whack, no argument here. Just don’t test the players. They get it, they recover, and they play all the games.

To say they shouldn’t have played the season at all seems like a huge reach on your part.

Not to make this political, but how many players have lost their lives? How is it the right decision to not play when the mortality rate among these football players is hovering around 0%?

If you want to make the argument that the priority for testing is out of whack, no argument here. Just don’t test the players. They get it, they recover, and they play all the games.

To say they shouldn’t have played the season at all seems like a huge reach on your part.

Thankfully no college football player has died from it, but we have no idea the varying degrees of complications. It’s not something the media will ever have access to.

All I can tell you is that there have been many instances of young people getting very sick from COVID. If you think it’s some sort of hoax check the ICU at many hospitals across the country.

Beyond that what is the point other than to generate TV revenue as more games are getting cancelled each and every week?

Why not just call off the remaining two weeks, crown the Buckeyes, and let the playoff committee and bowls handle the rest? Send these kids home with the rest of the student population. Do you honestly care about a few meaningless games against COVID ridden Minnesota and Michigan St?

Thankfully no college football player has died from it, but we have no idea the varying degrees of complications. It’s not something the media will ever have access to.

All I can tell you is that there have been many instances of young people getting very sick from COVID. If you think it’s some sort of hoax check the ICU at many hospitals across the country.

Beyond that what is the point other than to generate TV revenue as more games are getting cancelled each and every week?

Why not just call off the remaining two weeks, crown the Buckeyes, and let the playoff committee and bowls handle the rest? Send these kids home with the rest of the student population. Do you honestly care about a few meaningless games against COVID ridden Minnesota and Michigan St?
You don’t, but others do. And you sanctimoniously would impose your zero risk attitude upon the rest of the country because they are just too stupid to know what is good for them. And the businesses and livelihoods that that have been destroyed by this shut it all down mentality - well - too bad. They are just necessary casualties of your types desire to control. Reasonable controls - of course. We have let the hand wringers such as your self have too much sway in this situation.

Then why is ok for Universities to be open?

I am squarely in the camp that is tired of governmental controls and scare tactics. The hypocrisy of letting anyone into Walmart and no one into churches or restaurants is s shame. Let those of us who have preexisting conditions stay home, why punish the rest of the world? Can you tell me what the U.S has for a treatment plan? That's right, there isn't one while India lives on top of each other and has one and it works. We would rather just govern from fear.

You caught yourself in some of your statements above - "we have no idea the varying degrees of complications." Well, by now, yes we do. And then to say the media will never have access to it is a joke. If there is information that could be used to scare and control, I assure you the media will have it and run hard with it. They are the patsies in all of this.

Perhaps, since you obviously know "there have been many instances of young people getting very sick from Covid" you could share that data. Johns Hopkins doesn't seem to agree with your statement of nonfacts. Generalize much?

Last edited:
Not sure why OSU would play this game. They are already in the top 4. A&M could use a big win to move up in the polls but the SEC has already said no to non conference games. This sounds like Sir sunken Boat and other social media attention whores playing “ look at me,look at me” games.

People are still doing the Sir Yacht thing?
Lol.

Not too tough.

1) Read some message boards in order to determine what people are talking about.
2) Pick one topic you think could garner you some clicks.
3) Consult with your bellybutton to confirm. That's your "source"
4) Post the prediction selected in step #2. State that "talks are ongoing" "It's imminent" "it's a done deal". Include some totally unverifiable small detail the source in step #3 told you in order to make it sound legit.
5) About 10% of the time you will be right via dumb luck.
6) For the other 90%, either
a) Change the date it will happen by in order to garner further clicks​
b) State things fell apart at the last minute or, failing that​
c) Don't acknowledge it altogether​

Reactions: nu2u
Why isn’t EVERY Big Ten school having a cow? If this is true, Ohio State is being given clear preferential treatment that no other school got. It’s not just Nebraska that got sh1t on - everyone did.

I'm convinced that a lot of people like being treated like shit, because it punishes others. Have you seen how many people are happy to be locked down? They could freely lock themselves down, but they want others to suffer too.

I'm convinced that a lot of people like being treated like shit, because it punishes others. Have you seen how many people are happy to be locked down? They could freely lock themselves down, but they want others to suffer too.

Yep there are a lot of weirdos out there.

OSUs season should be called at 5-0.

Indiana should go to the Big Ten title game.

OSU should go to the college football playoff.

What happens if Florida beats Alabama? You would put a 5 win OSU over Florida or Alabama ? I wouldn’t. It would suck to see two ACC and two SEC teams in the playoffs, but B1G did this to themselves.

What happens if Florida beats Alabama? You would put a 5 win OSU over Florida or Alabama ? I wouldn’t. It would suck to see two ACC and two SEC teams in the playoffs, but B1G did this to themselves.
I believe that there is a College Football Playoff committee, whose responsibility it is to make such decisions. Let them do their job and determine who is in. It is the same as any other year.

It is a crappy system, but it is what has been used for the last several years.

I think it's pretty safe to say it's gonna hit the fan.
You mean on this board, right? Because I love Nebraska, but I'm pretty sure no one else gives a crap. Maybe Indiana. All Nebraska has to do to stop getting walked on from Sunday to Friday, is stop getting walked on on Saturday.

ohio should absolutely be able to schedule a game, whether against a&m or anyone else, after the cowards at michigan canceled the game on them.

Reactions: Baxter48

i think playing was the right decision. but you still dont get the biggest issue. you are focusing on individuals when the issue is the community. yes most of these players will recover with no big issues but a small percentage will end up spreading it to others outside the football team who will inevitably then spread it to someone who will be hospitalized or get real sick. This thing does not just affect 1 person at a time.
i think football should have been played. but i also understand that your limiting your concern to just the players and coaches is a very shortsighted and misguided view of the issue.

Hey, just like the political climate in Amerika. Rules for thee, but not for me! Justice and Just Us.

Rules mean nothing folks.

Please curb stomp them Aggies.
the only thing that matters is money. it drives all decisions. thats what makes america great!

If getting an Ohio state into the playoffs gets Nebraska more money, I’m all for it

I'm perfectly fine with aOSU playing another game.

I'm more pissed at the blatant hypocrisy of the most poorly run conference in the country and the click bait main stream media. Those two entities are causing a direct negative impact on our perception and ability to recruit.

Reactions: WHCSC
Live by the rule, die by the rule! OSU is out because we agreed as a conference this was the rule and the rule was blatantly stated when Nebraska requested a make up game! OSU just need to fall in line and accept the screwing from Warren like the rest.

Ohio State needs to play Texas A&M this weekend and Iowa or Wisconsin next weekend. If they're 7-0, it won't matter if they are a conference champion, they'll be in the playoffs.

i think playing was the right decision. but you still dont get the biggest issue. you are focusing on individuals when the issue is the community. yes most of these players will recover with no big issues but a small percentage will end up spreading it to others outside the football team who will inevitably then spread it to someone who will be hospitalized or get real sick. This thing does not just affect 1 person at a time.
i think football should have been played. but i also understand that your limiting your concern to just the players and coaches is a very shortsighted and misguided view of the issue.
I was actually waiting for someone to say this, and I get it. I really do.

But that argument can be made about almost every facet of society. Where do you draw the line? I know it’s just a game, and one could make the argument it isn’t worth it just for a game. But as has been said on here by so many others, these college students are gonna get it one way or another. At least with football it’s a more controlled environment, with kids being diagnosed and immediately quarantined rather than going undiagnosed and continuing the spread in the community.

There isn’t a perfect answer out there, as I see it.

In essence, Ohio State needs to play their way in and not just be given it. Yes, they are a greatly talented team and no doubt deserving of being in the playoffs. But, they need to earn it. The mismanagement of the Big 10 season by Warren and the Presidents has caused this to happen. Whatever, still, it is not fair to other teams if Ohio State is not forced or held accountable to performing on the field. Michigan really displayed their ineptitude and/or lack of judgement by waiting till midweek to cancel the game, and putting the conference in this position. Oh well, it could be worse. We could be Vanderbilt and what they are dealing with right now.

ADVERTISEMENT