ADVERTISEMENT

Donte Williams to USC

Curious move by USC... they need guys who can coach... you don’t need great recruiters to USC, as USC recruits itself. If they get good coaches, look out. This move didn’t help them as much as it appears on the surface, in my opinion...

Curious move by USC... they need guys who can coach... you don’t need great recruiters to USC, as USC recruits itself. If they get good coaches, look out. This move didn’t help them as much as it appears on the surface, in my opinion...

Strategic move. Oregon was getting all the Cali kids, thanks to Williams. Bringing Williams onboard will hurt Oregon’s chances of dominating the California recruiting scene.

He might be a good coach...but he never really seems to coach a position all that long...but in the end it is clearly about his recruiting.

Exactly. Helton needs a mountain of good PR to show he's trying to improve the product. Personally, I think he needs at least 7 wins, not get blown out by anyone in the P12 and be competitive against Alabama in the opener to be around by early signing period next December. If he survives and returns to top 15 in recruiting rankings he might have a 2 yr extension to show for it.

I believe Donte has excellent contacts in Los Angeles. This is an ideal spot for him. Unfortunately for him, it may only last one season.

Reactions: headcard
No school recruits itself.

Reactions: headcard
No school recruits itself.
Probably could have been clearer. USC didn’t need a lightning rod recruiter. They needed a really good coach. The really good coach just needed to stay out of the way of recruiting. Let the weather, the babes, the beach do it’s thing. The really good coach could point to those things, they’re hard to ignore.

Right now I don’t think USC has any really good coaches. But they do have a lightning rod recruiter at least...

Another reason why athletes should really commit to the school and not the coach. Signing day comes and goes, and so do these coaches who recruited these athletes.

The Main reason the recruiting sucked is because is because everyone thought Helton was getting tired. That AD, the President and EVERYONE involved are the reason why USC fell off and Helton still had decent year under the circumstances.

My guess they are paying Donte alot to come for the short term and an additional title. The reason he would take it is because this dude can probably go to ANY school in the country and they will fire someone tomorrow just to make room for him.

That dude is what you call an ACE recruiter and as long as he doesn't do John Blake, Tosh Lapoi, Butch Davis shenanigans he will always get a job....

I believe Donte is from LA originally, and he knows that Graham Harrell will likely be promoted to head coach if Helton is fired, so he would be able to keep his job.

Reactions: CatColumbia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT