Apr 23, 2007
tenor.gif

The great state of Texas.

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
Wait I thought Mexico was going to pay for a wall?
They tried Matt. The swamp wouldn't play along. It was a real good idea too. Take a little tax off the wired money sent back to Mexico to their families. Nothing wrong with that, its just like a gift tax here. What do you think about something like that? I think it's fair.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
They tried Matt. The swamp wouldn't play along. It was a real good idea too. Take a little tax off the wired money sent back to Mexico to their families. Nothing wrong with that, its just like a gift tax here. What do you think about something like that? I think it's fair.
You would have to be ok with immigrants from Mexico being here to make money which they would wire back to be taxed.

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Well I assume he means illegal immigrants. Taxing a legal immigrant or people who have become a citizen that originated from Mexico a higher rate just because of where they are from would be illegal.
You're not taxing them differently you're taxing them on money sent back to Mexico. Now should you tax everyone the same on money sent to someone in another country? Certainly. You also wouldn't tax them for moving it to an account owned by them. Although I could see an argument for that.

Basically every time you send money to another country there's a transaction tax. Corporate or personally.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Well I assume he means illegal immigrants. Taxing a legal immigrant or people who have become a citizen that originated from Mexico a higher rate just because of where they are from would be illegal.
The transaction tax also wouldn't segregate between illegal or legal. If you knew who was illegal then wouldn't they just get deported?

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
I think more people would be OK with illegal immigrants being here If they paid taxes such as these. I actually have Mexican blood coursing through my families veins. So I have nothing against Mexicans.
Well that is the debate that has been going on for the last decade. Should illegal immigrants be able to openly pay taxes without repercussion of getting deported. I am sure they would be willing to pay taxes like most Americans if they can stay here, but if paying taxes means they get deported, its going to be unlikely they come forward.

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
You're not taxing them differently you're taxing them on money sent back to Mexico. Now should you tax everyone the same on money sent to someone in another country? Certainly. You also wouldn't tax them for moving it to an account owned by them. Although I could see an argument for that.

Basically every time you send money to another country there's a transaction tax. Corporate or personally.
If you are going to tax all money sent out of the country I am fine with that, it would keep companies and the uber rich from being able to hide money overseas to avoid paying taxes. The Republican party has resisted taxes like this in the past however, so I don't think they will be willing to do it now.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Well that is the debate that has been going on for the last decade. Should illegal immigrants be able to openly pay taxes without repercussion of getting deported. I am sure they would be willing to pay taxes like most Americans if they can stay here, but if paying taxes means they get deported, its going to be unlikely they come forward.
Ha!

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Many undocumented workers are able to live, work, and pay taxes here by acquiring a TIN.

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Reactions: 94husker

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012
It needs to be built on the opposite side of Texas along the northern, eastern and western border.

Reactions: 94husker

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Many undocumented workers are able to live, work, and pay taxes here by acquiring a TIN.
A tin provides legal immigrants and passive owners living in another country the ability to pay taxes. It doesn't give you any authority to work in the U.S. If an employer reported a TIN of an employee/contractor that doesn't have the right to live in and/or work in the U.S. they would be notified as such and maybe a visit from immigration.

Reactions: BugeaterInWa

Dude122

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Joe and Toe, fvck off. Texas and Arizona gonna do it themselves.

1160 didn't you hear, Harris said the border was closed...