ADVERTISEMENT

Don't look now... NEBRASKA!

Love the positive vibes, but lets pump those brakes about playoff talk. Our OLine needs some help before I will be OK saying stuff like that.

Reactions: WHCSC
Don’t you love how coach Rhule understands how to champion a program? He goes on their show and does a good and entertaining interview, and when the moment arrives, they return the favor and speak positively and enthusiastically about Nebraska. it cost coach nothing but a few minutes of his time. He is a master of psychology and motivation. He’s getting the attention of top players across the country. Nebraska is on the upswing and this is a destination for football.

Love the positive vibes, but lets pump those brakes about playoff talk. Our OLine needs some help before I will be OK saying stuff like that.
I'd say we need to get that special teams and some more technical blocking out of the WR's most of all. A lot of plays were going for big gains had the wideouts not missed blocks/grabbed on blocks.

Part of me worries that we are replacing Colorado as the program that is being over-hyped without really earning it yet.

We got the most stubborn autistic retarded fans that have kept this program relevant despite sustained incompetence from from the university. If we get good again we're going to be unbearable lol.
Heck yeah. We’ve got 1 foot firmly placed in the past and one in the present.

Don’t you love how coach Rhule understands how to champion a program? He goes on their show and does a good and entertaining interview, and when the moment arrives, they return the favor and speak positively and enthusiastically about Nebraska. it cost coach nothing but a few minutes of his time. He is a master of psychology and motivation. He’s getting the attention of top players across the country. Nebraska is on the upswing and this is a destination for football.
It is kind of odd to think that there are so many coaches that probably hate doing this kind of stuff even though they know it is good for the program.

Part of me worries that we are replacing Colorado as the program that is being over-hyped without really earning it yet.

We’ll win this week and things will start to settle down as we get into the grind of conference play. we are on a mountain top, but want to avoid sinking into a valley. Let’s just come out every week and play hard, fundamental football.

We’ll win this week and things will start to settle down as we get into the grind of conference play. we are on a mountain top, but want to avoid sinking into a valley. Let’s just come out every week and play hard, fundamental football.
As long as the team learns to win along with it we'll be fine. If they think this is the pinnacle they'll faulter. Success breeds success as long as the foundation is strong. Colorado started strong but were never building a thing other than a pedestal for Shedeur & Hunter.

Reactions: WHCSC
No. There are basically zero similarities between our situations. We built the foundation of defense last year and really just needed to clean up the turnovers and upgrade the most important position. Rhule did that and then some. The hype is real.

Naw nobody needs to pump the breaks, it's fun to talk sports and projections especially with your own team...I highly doubt anyone on this message board plays football for the Big Red.

There is no free agency so not sure what "help" for our Oline you are referring to midseason.

If we stay healthy (like any team) we should go 7-0 and lose to Buckeyes and then favored the rest of the games except for maybe USC. So we could go 10-2 or 11-1 (very realistic, *again staying healthy) and may or may not play in the Big 10 title game. Either way 12 teams make the playoffs, why not us?

Reactions: JOHNNY N
It is kind of odd to think that there are so many coaches that probably hate doing this kind of stuff even though they know it is good for the program.
He’s got a really cool and fun personality. He genuinely likes people overall. He’s kind of an open book. Seems a lot of these guys are just hard asses all the time and can’t turn it off. I’ll give you an example. Dan Lanning with Oregon. He never turns it off. he’s going to try to win every conversation he’s ever in to prove he is the alpha dog. Coach Rhule is that rare dude who is pretty cool, but has an extremely high standard for himself and everyone around him.

If Kirk Ferentz went on the Pat McAfee show, they’d never ask him back. Snoozer! Almost all of these guys are pretty boring too.

Why pump the brakes? That's zero fun.
only saying pump the brakes on the playoff talk. I have battered wife syndrome when it comes to our team. Went so long as a kid not really paying that much attention because the wins were automatic, then suffered through the last 20 years or so. Once I see us put the beatdown on a B1G team I will relax a little and really believe what I am seeing.

Reactions: Laner2 and JOHNNY N
And Scott Frost. Remember his “I’ll just take questions” stunt at the Big Ten Conference? I’ve never seen a coach less willing to sell his own program.
He was a dead man walking at that press conference and he knew it. He did that because he didn’t want the job any more. He just wanted his buy out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT