ADVERTISEMENT

Don't get all the Io_a hate...

It’s like the old Kansas State and Missouri series. They have that annoying little brother syndrome, but that’s about it.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Iowa is going to be a tough boot to beat, so if Nebraska pulls it out, the offense is really going to have to do some damage, and Iowa's defense is just like M-State's in my opinion. The Husker D and Special Teams will also have to have a repeat performance of Saturday in order to pull it off. This game could also get out of hand quickly if Nebraska has more fumble problems, don't want to see it turn out like Illinois got Saturday vs the Hawks.

That being said, I don't think much about Iowa during the season, they win some, they lose some. I actually don't mind their coach, he's who he is, steady and a pretty good coach and person. But I'm not without jumping into the fray (fun), I can say Iowa sucks without hating them!;)

Iowa is going to be a tough boot to beat, so if Nebraska pulls it out, the offense is really going to have to do some damage, and Iowa's defense is just like M-State's in my opinion. The Husker D and Special Teams will also have to have a repeat performance of Saturday in order to pull it off. This game could also get out of hand quickly if Nebraska has more fumble problems, don't want to see it turn out like Illinois got Saturday vs the Hawks.

That being said, I don't think much about Iowa during the season, they win some, they lose some. I actually don't mind their coach, he's who he is, steady and a pretty good coach and person. But I'm not without jumping into the fray (fun), I can say Iowa sucks without hating them!;)
I agree we will have to play well to win, but I don't really see a scenario where the game gets “out of hand.” We are playing well and competing hard the second half of the season. We have turned a corner and are a competitive team.

As for liking Farentz and not hating Iowa, you sound like a crazy person. They are the worst.

I agree we will have to play well to win, but I dont really see a scenario where the game gets “out of hand”, we are playing well and competing hard the second half of the season. We have turned a corner and are a competitive team.

As for liking Farentz and not hating Iowa, you sound like a crazy person. They are the worst.
I just don't get too worked up about Iowa or their fans, they're not worth it. Now Colorado fans, there's another story. Iowa fans are nothing compared to those dorks, and I did battle with them (cu fans) for over 20 years. Talk about crazy, those people were off the chart and still are.

Reactions: headcard
Iowa and Wisconsin, for better or worse, are our defacto conference rivals. Once we start beating them on a regular basis we can move on to bigger fish.

Just as Harbaugh has been highly criticized for not winning the most important conference games on his schedule we need to beat the ones on ours. We are 0-1 thus far. Hopefully we can be 1-1 rather than 0-2 after year 1 under Frost.

Iowa and Wisconsin, for better or worse, are our defacto conference rivals. Once we start beating them on a regular basis we can move on to bigger fish.

Just as Harbaugh has been highly criticized for not winning the most important conference games on his schedule we need to beat the ones on ours. We are 0-1 thus far. Hopefully we can be 1-1 rather than 0-2 after year 1 under Frost.

Better include Northwestwen with Wisconsin and Iowa...

Just saying...

Reactions: jlb321
Better include Northwestwen with Wisconsin and Iowa...

Just saying...

Ok - I guess we are 0-2 if we are keeping score. If we add Purdue we are 0-3 going into the Iowa game. I didn’t want to have too big of a hole after year one for Frost for record in important conf games. Harbaugh is being judged on 2 games. I continue to think that most years our most important conf games will be Iowa and wisconsin.

Been a Nebraska fan since the Osborne Era so there is only one team (Oklahoma) I would consider merits extra attention during the season. Iowa, to me anyway is the true definition of an always average team that can only hope to aspire to be a championship caliber team. I can only hope the Big XII will collapse and Oklahoma will find its way into the BIG so we can renew our rivalry.

kwicASSo... you gotta hand it to the Iowa moron that tries to rub our face in our anonymity, while hanging out on OUR board on a Sunday morning. Guess whose board I won't be visiting this week because I don't give a shit? Yours. All hyperbole aside, you and I both know which program is nationally relevant and which one isn't.

Been a Nebraska fan since the Osborne Era so there is only one team (Oklahoma) I would consider merits extra attention during the season. Iowa, to me anyway is the true definition of an always average team that can only hope to aspire to be a championship caliber team. I can only hope the Big XII will collapse and Oklahoma will find its way into the BIG so we can renew our rivalry.

It would be nice being able to beat Wisconsin and Iowa consistently before lamenting that Oklahoma isn’t on our schedule every year. There is already a bunch of griping that OSU appears in our schedule too often

When Iowa and Wisconsin beat us when we are actually good/great then I'll consider them as a rivalry. As of now they can go back to there little trophy games.

kwicASSo... you gotta hand it to the Iowa moron that tries to rub our face in our anonymity, while hanging out on OUR board on a Sunday morning. Guess whose board I won't be visiting this week because I don't give a shit? Yours. All hyperbole aside, you and I both know which program is nationally relevant and which one isn't.
The guy has tried to play it off like he’s not an Iowa fan. It always oozes out of them. The obsession is weird.

ADVERTISEMENT