ADVERTISEMENT

Donkey's get Bridgewater for a whopping 6th round pick??

There isn't another QB out there available any better than Teddy so they did the best they could, and he probably will be much improved over Drew, but he doesn't move them ahead of the Chargers or Chiefs so in the end maybe they won't finish any better but they have a fighting shot at least. With Drew I'm not sure ya do.

Reactions: dinglefritz
For a 6th round pick and his old team paying some salary....great trade. He is an average QB but a positive upgrade over last years starter. So I disagree. They will still suck though
I guess them still sucking is where I get underwhelming. It can be a great trade, an upgrade over lock, and still be underwhelming

Looks like it is very possible...assuming the Niners blow it and go Jones...that Lance could fall to Denver. No way they could pass on him if that happens. Gawd the first 10-12 picks are gonna be interesting tonite. Can't wait.

Looks like it is very possible...assuming the Niners blow it and go Jones...that Lance could fall to Denver. No way they could pass on him if that happens. Gawd the first 10-12 picks are gonna be interesting tonite. Can't wait.
He's a nice talent, coachable, has a good stroke, is a team player and all of that. I just never got the impression he could put a team on his back and run with it. If he was the guy, the Saints would have kept him or tried to get him back.

He's a nice talent, coachable, has a good stroke, is a team player and all of that. I just never got the impression he could put a team on his back and run with it. If he was the guy, the Saints would have kept him or tried to get him back.

You quoted a post about Trey Lance but I think your're talkin bout Bridgewater?? I agree though...but he should still be an upgrade from Drew and a perfect stop gap while Lance develops.

You quoted a post about Trey Lance but I think your're talkin bout Bridgewater?? I agree though...but he should still be an upgrade from Drew and a perfect stop gap while Lance develops.
Yeah, meant to reply to just the original thread topic. I know nothing of this Trey Lance character

Passing on Fields was weird. You need a QB....you won't find a better prospect next year. Who is actually making that decision in that organization? Damn that will haunt them for a long time.

Reactions: solarpanels
Passing on Fields was weird. You need a QB....you won't find a better prospect next year. Who is actually making that decision in that organization? Damn that will haunt them for a long time.
Fields is epileptic and teams didnt get to do full medical evals cause of Covid. I dont mind them passing on him. Theres also a lot of smoke about the Broncos making a play at Rodgers

Seems like a pretty sweet move for Denver. Carolina also paying some of his salary? Wow. Don't think it changes anything in that division but an upgrade from Drew, I think.
I can't believe they passed on Justin Fields. Maybe there is something I'm missing but I think he is a lot better than Bridgewater and Lock. Surtain II is good but you need to draft a franchise QB until you find one.

Fields is epileptic and teams didnt get to do full medical evals cause of Covid. I dont mind them passing on him. Theres also a lot of smoke about the Broncos making a play at Rodgers
To get Rodgers will take a boatload of draft picks next year which will hamper the trajectory of the organization. The Broncos aren't just missing one piece to be a championship team, which would be the only scenario that made sense for going after Rodgers. They should have drafted Fields and then a CB in round 2.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Elway's ability to evaluate QB talent is apparently limited to bringing in candidates that already have a HOF resume like P. Manning. He must have instructed Paton to hold out to try and get Aaron Rodgers. Their track record in going any other route to get a good QB is abysmal.

There isn't another QB out there available any better than Teddy so they did the best they could, and he probably will be much improved over Drew, but he doesn't move them ahead of the Chargers or Chiefs so in the end maybe they won't finish any better but they have a fighting shot at least. With Drew I'm not sure ya do.
The Bronco's cheese seem to still think Lock will be the guy long term but needed a veteran insurance policy for this season. Bridgewater is a good dude and should be a good mentor for Lock. Bronco's I think did the right thing. I could still see them picking a QB in the later rounds for a #3 guy.

The Bronco's cheese seem to still think Lock will be the guy long term but needed a veteran insurance policy for this season. Bridgewater is a good dude and should be a good mentor for Lock. Bronco's I think did the right thing. I could still see them picking a QB in the later rounds for a #3 guy.
Really iffy to think Lock is the guy. Kind of Trubisky-esque. Just doesn't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT