ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t take the bait

Can’t argue with that 14 of his 21 losses by 8 points or Less.
Not just related to your point, but one of the questions I’ve been asking myself is
“does a different coach win these games with this roster?”
Frost cost us an early 2nd half timeout (first play of series) AND a wasted down by not getting call in. When I see that, it exemplifies the problems the team has demonstrated repeatedly: the inability to be aware and prepared at all times.

Adrian deserves some praise, but also if OU makes the INT gift in the end zone, I think it taints the perception of his game significantly.

There’s a reason why Wisky, Northwestern, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois and Purdue have beaten us routinely, and it’s not because of their 5* rosters.

I agree. The aren’t going to make the playoffs. They are good but probably in the #8-12 range. They aren’t the third best team in the country.

I think Nebraska giving them that type of game really helped them out a lot. Learned/developed a lot of things in that game that you can't get practicing against yourself or playing sluffs. I think their O-Line is really good, that one wide receiver (Henderson?) might be the best in the country, and their running backs run hard and don't quit driving forward.

I didn't say the move was good or bad, just that Day made a move in hopes that it would be an improvement.

Day would definitely be the first coach to shift the blame, right?
If we look at this move comparatively, it's like SF demoting Chin upstairs to the booth and then promoting Travis Fisher to the defensive play caller. That's a big ass move any way you slice it.

Did you watch OSU
Yep. They aren’t the team they were last year either. OU and OSU would absolutely get curb
Take that shit and shove it. Benhart is in his third year and should be a redshirt sophomore. Corcoran was one of the highest rated OL in his class, and a guy you would expect to contribute early. Austin is a complete failure, and none of your excuse-making attempts changes that fact.
Along with this is 2021 and not 1985. Players do not wait for their 5th year to play anymore. If they aren’t starting by year 3…most are in the portal..especially the highly recruited 4 and 5 stars.

I honestly think that’s what’s keeping the team from having that killer instinct. Remembering how to be a winner.
I agree.
Maybe making some personnel changes, especially in the offensive line, and you may find a couple of real hungry backups that are suddenly being given a legitimate chance to take over a starting role.

If the same status quo exists, and no changes are made, the players are smart enough to know that the starter has the job and no matter how well this backup practices, he will still be on the pine once the game starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I think Nebraska giving them that type of game really helped them out a lot. Learned/developed a lot of things in that game that you can't get practicing against yourself or playing sluffs. I think their O-Line is really good, that one wide receiver (Henderson?) might be the best in the country, and their running backs run hard and don't quit driving forward.
I agree. Talented team and Neb showed up and played well. AM outplayed their Heisman candidate IMO.

It isn't a "preseason ranking" anymore. We're 4 games in and they're still #3. Granted maybe they haven't been tested much yet but they're #3 until they get beat. I'm not sure they'll lose a game before the end of the regular season.
Agree to disagree on the value of their #3 ranking at this point in the season, but maybe they actually are better at defense this year. I definitely think their offense only scoring 21 was more of a testament to our defense than them not being as good as they have been, obviously they have a lot of studs. I just have a hard time believing that their defense was the reason we struggled to score until they play a few more games

Agree to disagree on the value of their #3 ranking at this point in the season, but maybe they actually are better at defense this year. I definitely think their offense only scoring 21 was more of a testament to our defense than them not being as good as they have been, obviously they have a lot of studs. I just have a hard time believing that their defense was the reason we struggled to score until they play a few more games
At some point the type of recruits they've been getting has to translate in to better production on defense. Some of their problem has been the same problem every D has when you have a fast paced offense that tends to not hold the ball very long either by scoring quickly or going 3 and out. Their D was on the field a bunch against Nebraska Saturday. That can lead to a lot of yards and points being put up. It's too bad Rattler didn't give us a pick 6 Saturday. He tried a couple of times.:(

Reactions: Swiv3D
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT