ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t take the bait

So, when we win 4 or less games AGAIN this year that is progress?? WTF happened to my beloved NU football team and its fans?? We are a participation trophy team with excuse makers for fans!! Sick
I completely understand this position. But a one TD loss in Norman to #3 OU is better than a loss to otherwise winless Illinois in Champaign (which is inexcusable).

Reactions: BleedRed78
So, when we win 4 or less games AGAIN this year that is progress?? WTF happened to my beloved NU football team and its fans?? We are a participation trophy team with excuse makers for fans!! Sick
Yep. I want to ****ing WIN football games and when the head coach is in year 4 and is still putting out undisciplined and disorganized teams on the field and it's loss after loss there is only one option left to do.

Reactions: oldjar07
If that happens that would not be progress. Have you bet your house yet on that possibility? If not then I suggest you stfu. And I mean that will all due respect..Laughing Seriously. Some of you guys need to chill and let this season play out. Attacking Frost and other fans isn't going to change the trajectory of this season or Frost's employment. People getting so worked up wanting Frost gone now are being emotional and illogical.

If that happens that would not be progress. Have you bet your house yet on that possibility? If not then I suggest you stfu. And I mean that will all due respect..Laughing Seriously. Some of you guys need to chill and let this season play out. Attacking Frost and other fans isn't going to change the trajectory of this season or Frost's employment. People getting so worked up wanting Frost gone now are being emotional and illogical.
Right. So when we win 3 or 4 you will be here to say Frost has to go?? 4 straight 4 win seasons isn't progress bud. That's shit coaching. But with excuse makers making excuses you probably think Frost needs another 4 years and 20 million to right the ship. I'll make you a deal dingle. If Frost wins 6 I will be the first on this board to sing his praises and say he deserves another year. Anything less and you admit you were wrong and he needs to go. Deal??

Reactions: ATX Husker
Right. So when we win 3 or 4 you will be here to say Frost has to go?? 4 straight 4 win seasons isn't progress bud. That's shit coaching. But with excuse makers making excuses you probably think Frost needs another 4 years and 20 million to right the ship. I'll make you a deal dingle. If Frost wins 6 I will be the first on this board to sing his praises and say he deserves another year. Anything less and you admit you were wrong and he needs to go. Deal??
No. I'll let our AD say that. There can be reasons for seasons to implode that are at that point in time beyond the coach's control so I would never make that a hard fast rule. Lose Adrian and all bets are off. IF we would lose Adrian and Smothers I think it would be really tough to win another game. The point is you're the guy who quits. You've given up and the season is only a third over. Tom always said, "I never really knew what I had for a team until the season was over". And here we are after game 4 having gone toe to toe with 3# and you're ready to quit. You play the games and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: BleedRed78
No. I'll let our AD say that. There can be reasons for seasons to implode that are at that point in time beyond the coach's control so I would never make that a hard fast rule. Lose Adrian and all bets are off. IF we would lose Adrian and Smothers I think it would be really tough to win another game. The point is you're the guy who quits. You've given up and the season is only a third over. Tom always said, "I never really knew what I had for a team until the season was over". And here we are after game 4 having gone toe to toe with 3# and you're ready to quit. You play the games and let the chips fall where they may.
Weak. You know we can't get 4 more wins and you're already making excuses. And BTW it's not game 4 YEAR 1!! IT'S GAME 40 YEAR 4!! Winners win. Period.

If Frost gets a fifth year you probably already have a bag of excuses ready to go. New QB, Lost talent, etc, etc, bla,blah, blahh. Another 3 or 4 win season is unacceptable!! Own it!!

Reactions: FuzzyFreddy
If Frost gets a fifth year you probably already have a bag of excuses ready to go. New QB, Lost talent, etc, etc, bla,blah, blahh. Another 3 or 4 win season is unacceptable!! Own it!!
What's to own? IF Frost gets another year, it's because the AD feels that is what is best for NU. I have a lot more respect for Trev's ability to evaluate the system than posters on this message board.

What's to own? IF Frost gets another year, it's because the AD feels that is what is best for NU. I have a lot more respect for Trev's ability to evaluate the system than posters on this message board.
Little FYI. Trev is not a Frost fan. A.D's are brought in to make tough decisions. I'll leave it at that. I really hope Frost can get to 6 but I just don't see it. Take care dingle. GBR!!

Little FYI. Trev is not a Frost fan. A.D's are brought in to make tough decisions. I'll leave it at that. I really hope Frost can get to 6 but I just don't see it. Take care dingle. GBR!!
Trev wasn't brought in to fire Frost. If he fires him he fires him. He was brought in because Moos was AWOL and had screwed up multiple things with the B1G and PR. He was a lame duck and wasn't going to be in a position to make a decision on our head coach IF it becomes evident that we need to make a change. I'll be rooting for Frost to make this job his for the long haul but won't whine and cry about how he was wronged if Trev makes a move. I see improvement in our play and I'm hopeful we can still have a decent season.

Agreed. Winning used to be the goal of the game. Now, we're celebrating that Amart didn't suck as much.
If we had 95 percent of the other QBs in the country playing for us today (less mobile) they might have taken twice as many sacks….or died. Stop bagging on AM..he is a one man show on off for Neb due to a horrid OL. Despite the pressure he completed almost 80 percent of his throws.

I could see if we were 3-0 heading into Norman. However we did lose to one of the worst Power 5 teams in the nation. It's great that we played OU tough and all, but damn, next week we will more than likely be 2-3 after Michigan St. Nobody will care how close we played OU and the Frost firing talk will heat up again. Like it should.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Talent level is on par with a top 20 team. Coaching talent isn’t even high school level. The O Line is beyond pathetic. It’s amazing that we can actually complete a pass.

Trev wasn't brought in to fire Frost. If he fires him he fires him. He was brought in because Moos was AWOL and had screwed up multiple things with the B1G and PR. He was a lame duck and wasn't going to be in a position to make a decision on our head coach IF it becomes evident that we need to make a change. I'll be rooting for Frost to make this job his for the long haul but won't whine and cry about how he was wronged if Trev makes a move. I see improvement in our play and I'm hopeful we can still have a decent season.
What you said right there shows how far we have fallen. If you think 4 O line penalties on one drive and a special teams clown show is improvement then your :rolleyes:bar is really really low. Like HS level standards!!

Some will come away from this as a moral victory, but I just see more of the same. Penalties, special teams failures, poor decisions, etc… Same kind of loss, regardless of the opponent, ranking or stage. #changemymind
I didn’t see the typical poor decisions that we’ve had in the past. We actually pushed the ball downfield on offense and there weren’t any glaring poor coaching decisions that we typically see (at least imo).
But the o-line and kicking… yikes. Although o-line did get a LITTLE momentum going on the ground.

YTcqtxsPYwcRbKSqdZHXXbytO7yJzK6uwev0lvrR1OmHJVNM8cZd75tolgZSBmj_KyKS46LL_CUM9Pxjx6lkmBTdpzD7HspCoIDAVVXy50YDApbLSP-Hn9sn_qmfa7TgBLpNRkkDINWWqJh2ou03HXyoRxiKZYy0cIU
It was not a moral victory. It was a statement to future opponents that Nebraska is on your schedule.

You're probably right. Riley would have probably kept it close. Pelini would have lost by 5 TDS. Look at his record against Wisconsin.

Oh yeah there we go...someone always brings up Wisconsin! Melvin Gordon scored again right??! Is that all y'all got? Always pull the Wisconsin card out the deck when you have NO OTHER argument!

OU doesn't have a running game like Wisconsin. No team beat Pelini thru the air his last 5 years of coaching and OU would NOT have either!

I'm sorry but if you can't see progress being made than I can't help you. This team is getting better. The QB played well against the #3 team in the country. Special teams can be fixed. We're going to have hire somebody who can coach kickers. Downing..cough cough...
It's a building block. One game does not mean improvement. Consistency will mean improveent. That along with minimizing the bullshit penalties. It's time for the Frost Era to shit or get off the pot. Moral victories work in years 1-2. Not years 4-5.

Christ, not one person on this board thought we’d take this game 4’quarters and when we do and come up a bit short, its nothing but armchair coaches and whiners who could’ve done it much better…****in’ hillbillies
Sometimes the how matters more than the what. We matched up well physically. The mental side beat us. Like always. It’s a problem

Oh yeah there we go...someone always brings up Wisconsin! Melvin Gordon scored again right??! Is that all y'all got? Always pull the Wisconsin card out the deck when you have NO OTHER argument!

OU doesn't have a running game like Wisconsin. No team beat Pelini thru the air his last 5 years of coaching and OU would NOT have either!
You’re too into your feelings man
2014 bowl game
USC
Bo’s defense gave it up through the air and on the ground
45-42 loss against a PAC 12 team

Regular Season 2013
16th ranked UCLA 41 Nebraska 21
Brett Hundley throws for 294 and 3 TDS

Bo’s defensive genius wore thin on me through the years. And it didn’t last at LSU either last year, although it was a weird year last year
Honestly his defenses didn’t hold opponents in alot of big games
I give credit to the Blackshirts today.

Do you want Bo’s stats from the bowl loss to Georgia in 2012 or should I stop? That game was a 45-31 loss

By the way you’re looking at it wrong, good defenses stop the run
If you look at the top defenses in the NFL, the top ones have the highest ratio of an opposition trying to funnel their offense through the passing game against them.
Thats the hallmark of a solid defense
Bo’s defenses couldn’t stop the run or pass consistently, especially with his own recruits

They didn't beat this OU. They didn't beat the #3 team with a Heisman contender at QB on the road in Norman. I'll just point to their records against top 5 teams.
You're giving their #3 preseason ranking way too much stock

You're giving their #3 preseason ranking way too much stock
I agree. The aren’t going to make the playoffs. They are good but probably in the #8-12 range. They aren’t the third best team in the country.

I agree. The aren’t going to make the playoffs. They are good but probably in the #8-12 range. They aren’t the third best team in the country.
They had a good offense, I believe we had a good defense... they're defense is awful we just so happen to have an offense that can't move the ball despite incredible talent

It's YEAR FOUR
Even if everything was going right in appropriate year 4 ways, I’d expect to lose this game. So unfortunately, I am actually encouraged. If we build on this. It’s a ****ing good thing. If we don’t, then it’s year 4!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh everyone needs to be crushed with rocks!!

This seems like the weirdest game ever to complain about..
Nah, most of thought we were gonna get murdered, including me, so as far as the game itself we're content. Now as far as looking to the future, people are saying "look at the improvement" without seeing the big picture of a lot of things. They're also forgetting we said the same thing after the end of frosts 1st year... and here we are 3 years later saying the same thing

This game gave me a glimmer of hope for our program but only if we can the assistants that clearly aren't getting it done.

Oline play and special teams are frankly embarrassing. Frost needs to make the tough decisions this off season if we don't see MAJOR improvement here.

I still want to see how we fare against the more smashmouth teams in the BIG and see if it translates.

The most encouraging thing was the overall gameplan and execution on D (minus OUs final clock milking drive).

OU clearly had better athletes in a 7 on 7 scenario yet we hung with them.
If Frost wants any chance of not dangling by a thread to keep his job, he needs to take care of the problem now, not in the off-season. OL, QB, and maybe even the RB coach should all be replaced by Monday and bring in a guy who knows special teams.

I sat through a lot (decades it seems) of #17 Nebraska losing a one TD game (or greater) in Norman. This is not a rankabke NU team and they played their heart out. This is one week I am going to choose to see the glass half full even though you are right it’s another loss.
We're nowhere close to being ranked. I don't see that as a positive at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT