ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t know what to think anymore....

spartanhusker

College Football Hall of Fame
May 29, 2001
... I know what I don’t FEEL anymore... one sliver of belief that we are anywhere near elite... I was so excited when Scott came home, but now.... I grasp for glimmers of hope and don’t find much....
I guess in seeing the Reds make the expanded playoffs( and not score a run in 22 innings😂) I know that change can happen... now I’m on to other things with no feeling at all....
Turner to Jeff for 2 stayed with me almost a year... times have changed...

have a good day...

So spartan, what happened to Collegiate? Andale must be REALLY good.

As for the Huskers, there are a lot of growing pains still to come I am afraid. You are a coach and a teacher so you have to analyze what is going on objectively. Frost is going to have to go through some serious soul searching to get through this mess. As a coach, I know you look for the smallest details in your athletes, that is what will make the big difference in their success. When you watch the Huskers, it just seems like there is sloppy technique and play all around. That holding call Bo Wilson received yesterday when it looked like he just dropped his head and tried to head butt the guy while reaching out to grab him was emblematic of what is going on in my opinion.

Hope you are well through all this virus mess in the school.

... I know what I don’t FEEL anymore... one sliver of belief that we are anywhere near elite... I was so excited when Scott came home, but now.... I grasp for glimmers of hope and don’t find much....

Well put, I’m right there with ya. It’s getting more and more challenging to be optimistic.. I wish Frost the best, hope he gets things where he wants them.

🎶🎵 I'm coming home, coming home,
Tell the world I'm coming home. 🎶🎵

Tru..... Andale is THAT good... the fact that they beat us on our field by 29 did not bode well... we beat 5 playoff teams this year, most easily but THEY are in a class of their own...
I’ll weigh in on the coaching thoughts later😂

I guess in seeing the Reds make the expanded playoffs( and not score a run in 22 innings😂) I know that change can happen... now I’m on to other things with no feeling at all....

have a good day...
Great post, pretty much how I feel too.

have a good day...
I feel pretty much like I did back when Tom first would win all of those games then get pounded by OU.....every year. Ambivalent. NOW I'm a little older and wiser (or foolish maybe) and I think we'll get there. IMO, I see us doing too many things the right way with NU athletics for us to not get better in football too. I still think Frost will find a way. The first thing he has to do is develop a QB. Ask Northwestern and Michigan how important that is. Michigan finally has theirs with their new starter IMO.

My father in law who isn't a Nebraska fan gives me constant crap about Nebraska firing Solich. He says that they think they're a bigger deal than they really are and that they're not going to find a better coach that actually wants to coach there. I have stood my ground through Callahan, Pelini, Riley and now Frost and argued that it was the right thing to do. It's starting to sink in to me now that just maybe he wasn't wrong. 🤦‍♂️

My wife thought Nebraska was winning on Saturday because I wasn’t swearing at the television. It was right before half when we threw that INT when she noticed the score and me not yelling.

I literally felt myself accepting the obvious on our first play. A complete cluster-f*** right out of the gate (immediately followed by a defensive penalty). That is Nebraska football now, and I came to accept it. Anything better than a circus sideshow will be pleasant surprise.

I’m a life-long Royals fan and it reminds me of the decades of laughable incompetence we endured. You just knew they stunk so there was no point getting frustrated over a hopeless cause. The Huskers are the college football version of the Royals from the early 90’s to ~2013 or so.

At least the Royals rose to the top for a brief time. The Huskers....I no longer expect greatness. I hope for mediocre.

Nebraska is Rutgers with more broken plays.
Although they're not beating anybody, I actually think Rutgers has a far more athletic roster than Nebraska right now. Their WR corps is better by leaps and bounds, they have a pretty good stable of RBs and their O-Line is decent. Defense has some fairly solid players too.

So spartan, what happened to Collegiate? Andale must be REALLY good.

As for the Huskers, there are a lot of growing pains still to come I am afraid. You are a coach and a teacher so you have to analyze what is going on objectively. Frost is going to have to go through some serious soul searching to get through this mess. As a coach, I know you look for the smallest details in your athletes, that is what will make the big difference in their success. When you watch the Huskers, it just seems like there is sloppy technique and play all around. That holding call Bo Wilson received yesterday when it looked like he just dropped his head and tried to head butt the guy while reaching out to grab him was emblematic of what is going on in my opinion.

Hope you are well through all this virus mess in the school.
Frost is clueless !

Reactions: Trojanhorse13
Tru..... Andale is THAT good... the fact that they beat us on our field by 29 did not bode well... we beat 5 playoff teams this year, most easily but THEY are in a class of their own...
I’ll weigh in on the coaching thoughts later😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT