ADVERTISEMENT

Dominic Raiola offers insight on son, Dylan Raiola I Will Nebraska football land the QB? I GBR

This staff is going everywhere.. Was told Foley was in the Wahoo, Yutan area’s today..

Pelini-Riley-Frost, never paid enough attention in the state of Nebraska making touching points to all the coaches in the state like this staff is doing a Terrific job of doing..

This staff is going everywhere.. Was told Foley was in the Wahoo, Yutan area’s today..

Pelini-Riley-Frost, never paid enough attention in the state of Nebraska making touching points to all the coaches in the state like this staff is doing a Terrific job of doing..
You forgot Frank and Callahan

Reactions: king_kong_
Liked this interview from Raiola.
You can tell his passion for the program runs deep and genuinely interested/complimentary in Rhule and Co.

Nebraska is a “sleeping giant.”

While Nebraska is in the mix, the other schools will still be tough to beat.

Boy, I love seeing highlights of Dylan. First time I saw him throw on a Nebraska visit before he got his high ranking, it was love at first sight. His motion and release is so smooth. Strong and accurate arm.

Great interview. Did Frost recruit Ben Scott out of high school? How big of a recruit was he?

I think the challenge for us and others with Dylan is timing
the QB - because you usually only take one - is something you'd like to have locked down early in the cycle
it can also give you a lot of momentum with the rest of the class if you get your QB early

obviously you wait as long as it takes if you have a real chance with Dylan - but it is unlikely another high profile QB is going to commit with Dylan in the mix and if it goes down to the wire and he goes elsewhere you are left scrambling

the transfer portal does let you hedge a bit in this case

Last edited:
also - when the staff is in Yutan/Wahoo/Scottsbluff 3 years from now I'll be impressed. anyone can put together a road show once
I think they will keep it up every year. They had their roadshow all over the state in Texas each year when he was at Baylor. The Texas coaches appreciated his commitment to their schools so much that even now the THSCA asked him to speak at their yearly convention this summer.

First year will be critical for Rhule to show all recruits he will turn this program into a potential playoff school soon. At every school Rhule has had to rebuild teams into winners, he has a good foundation of players already on hand to turn this program around quickly and that's what's exciting, we won't have to wait 3,4,5 years.

Seeing this makes me feel like we have a chance. I know Dylan will make the decision, not Dom, but this interview with Dom gives a pretty big picture that shows we have a chance.
Lol we'll of course we have a chance. Think N lands Dylan Raiola!

I think the challenge for us and others with Dylan is timing
the QB - because you usually only take one - is something you'd like to have locked down early in the cycle
it can also give you a lot of momentum with the rest of the class if you get your QB early

obviously you wait as long as it takes if you have a real chance with Dylan - but it is unlikely another high profile QB is going to commit with Dylan in the mix and if it goes down to the wire and he goes elsewhere you are left scrambling

the transfer portal does let you hedge a bit in this case
Lol. No worries or problems here

I'm guessing the Spring game will play a big role which the Raiolas will attend. I'd expect the determining factor is whether the Raiola's believe in Rhule's systems and success on the field of play. The only chance to see Rhule's schemes in action before committing will be the Spring game because a QB likely would want to commit before the Fall in order to attract other high caliber recruits.

I think Nebraska would have the edge IF and only if they believe Rhule will restore Nebraska to its historical prominence. But other than for believing in the future of Rhule's teams being successful, I think Nebraska would have the edge. Raiola no doubt would like to be part of Nebraska's comeback IF they think it will happen. Too much family history not to care. But they're also not going to take a chance on Raiola's career if they don't believe it's likely.

I'm guessing the Spring game will play a big role which the Raiolas will attend. I'd expect the determining factor is whether the Raiola's believe in Rhule's systems and success on the field of play. The only chance to see Rhule's schemes in action before committing will be the Spring game because a QB likely would want to commit before the Fall in order to attract other high caliber recruits.

I think Nebraska would have the edge IF and only if they believe Rhule will restore Nebraska to its historical prominence. But other than for believing in the future of Rhule's teams being successful, I think Nebraska would have the edge. Raiola no doubt would like to be part of Nebraska's comeback IF they think it will happen. Too much family history not to care. But they're also not going to take a chance on Raiola's career if they don't believe it's likely.
100% nailed it. Unless there is something glaring where Nebraska would fall short of what Dylan needs to be successful then yes I think he’s ours to lose.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think if it were up to dad, he’d be in N. The problem is that Georgia is knocking as well. They also have a dedicated staff of hard workers. They are similar to Rhule and his staff. They are also head and shoulders a better program right now.

Early on I was 80/20 georgia to NU. I think we are maybe 50/50 now.

I think if it were up to dad, he’d be in N. The problem is that Georgia is knocking as well. They also have a dedicated staff of hard workers. They are similar to Rhule and his staff. They are also head and shoulders a better program right now.

There's no doubt Georgia is better right now and pursuing him hard. He also seems to be being pursued very hard by USC. I think though the satisfaction of being part of bringing a school back from the gutter to prominence would be a bit more unmatchable and more gratifying as an accomplishment. But of course he'd first have to believe that's possible and likely.

I think you are correct about what dad would like and that's a huge plus and now it's all about what Rhule can do with the team in a very short amount of time.

There's no doubt Georgia is better right now and pursuing him hard. He also seems to be being pursued very hard by USC. I think though the satisfaction of being part of bringing a school back from the gutter to prominence would be a bit more unmatchable and more gratifying as an accomplishment. But of course he'd first have to believe that's possible and likely.
USC is very attractive but in this 2023 class they landed a 5* Malichi Nelson who had plenty of offers to consider..

Believe this helps Nebraska, interesting how much interest he really has in Oregon..

USC is very attractive but in this 2023 class they landed a 5* Malichi Nelson who had plenty of offers to consider..

Believe this helps Nebraska, interesting how much interest he really has in Oregon..
I think Oregon is the coaching staff relationship.

Reactions: scarletred
Plus direct flights help us too

Liked this interview from Raiola.
You can tell his passion for the program runs deep and genuinely interested/complimentary in Rhule and Co.

Nebraska is a “sleeping giant.”

While Nebraska is in the mix, the other schools will still be tough to beat.

Boy, I love seeing highlights of Dylan. First time I saw him throw on a Nebraska visit before he got his high ranking, it was love at first sight. His motion and release is so smooth. Strong and accurate arm.

There really isn't just one thing that Nebraska needs to sell Dylan Raiola on it's a little more complicated than that. I think for Nebraska to end up with Raiola's commitment they will have to have at least six things happen imo.

1. Show off an offense that will show off his skills for future NFL evaluations.
2. Be surrounded by fantastic offensive players.
3. Nebraska wins and wins NOW! not just 6-6 but more like 8-4 or 9-3 in 2023 (9-3 would be better)
4. Beat a ranked opponent in 2023 and no ugly blowouts in any games.
5. Raiola clicks with the offensive coordinator.
6. NIL must be in line with other top offers from ANY SCHOOL.

This is a lot to ask for first year HC Matt Rhule but it's what I see that needs to happen for Nebraska to have a true edge in one of the biggest recruiting battles Nebraska has ever been in.

Nebraska is a sleeping GIANT that is just waiting to wake up it's just a matter of Nebraska waking up early enough, that's the real question that needs to be answered.
Make no mistakes and you are solid.

Can our off line coach do an in home visit with his brother anytime he wishes - As long he declares he is visiting his brother

Now if Dylan happens to be there also that is just plain serendipity.

And what if Donovan decides to bring his friend Matt with him

Surely NCAA rules and “dead periods” don’t preclude a guy from visiting his brother

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if Dylan decides in March. I'd expect him to visit the Spring games of his top 4 schools first before officially deciding. But who knows maybe he already has made a decision and just not ready to announce it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Can our off line coach do an in home visit with his brother anytime he wishes - As long he declares he is visiting his brother

Now if Dylan happens to be there also that is just plain serendipity.

And what if Donovan decides to bring his friend Matt with him

Surely NCAA rules and “dead periods” don’t preclude a guy from visiting his brother

What a coincidence!

Surely Coach Rhule had no idea of this loophole when deciding to retain Donnie boy

Surely

Him committing early will help his future team be better than if he waited longer. By influencing other high level recruits to choose NU, if they are on the edge. Moreso than his other teams of interest; they will have great classes with or without his help. He can always change his mind later although that might look bad in that case; if people even care about that stuff anymore.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT