ADVERTISEMENT

Dome on Memorial stadium?

I think the idea is good. However, is there any other FBS program that plays in a dome?

Well that ain't exactly in line with our new green deal now, is it? On the other hand, we could just gather up all the balloons from the top of the dome each game and reuse them, saving the earth's helium supply and countless birds (kidding of course, I know the helium won't last to the next game).

Reactions: saluno22
A retractable dome would be amazing but it'll probably never happen. Too many people would be whining and crying about it especially considering the $$$ involved.

Reactions: husker2612
There were rumors in the mid 70s of a dome stadium to be built between Lincoln and Omaha. Just wishful thinking by delusional fans at the time. Looks like some fan had some fun with his photoshop program.

I'm getting to the age where I'd rather sit at home and watch the game on TV than sit in a windy stadium in 30 degree weather. Give me a dome and I'll make it to the game.

September and October can actually be pretty sunny in Seattle. Nothing was worse than missing out on a nice afternoon sitting in the bad old Kingdome watching the Hawks. I use to turn down free seats from my vendors and suppliers. The retractable roof for the Mariners is great.

Reactions: skintight
how about a stadium that looks like a donut. players are in the elements, fans are in a heat controlled enclosed area.
since some fans look like theyve had too many donuts, that would be cool.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion, but I prefer football in good weather. Snow games are a nice novelty when its Wyoming playing colorado st in a meaningless november contest, but I dont want championships determined by shit weather.

How often does Nebraska play in shit weather in Lincoln ...

Very Seldom..

I mean at least use an uptodate photo to use for the photoshop

I mean at least use an uptodate photo to use for the photoshop
this photo shop deal is an old one, I remember seeing this very same picture before the facilities update was even announced... there was a thread at some point in the middle of the season this year talking about the weather so I was trying to see if there were any photo shopped pictures of a dome on memorial stadium to try and put in the thread... welll I found this very picture but I couldn’t figure out how to post it in the thread.... so to make a long story short this isn’t even a leaked photo of a potential dome and as you pointed out it wasn’t even an updated photo used... no need to get hopes up for those of you that got them up...

Edit: found the article I was looking at... take a look at the date it was published

link: Nebraska dome

Reactions: Swiv3D
Terrible idea. Why would you play the Super Bowl in a Detroit or Indianapolis in February when you could play in Miami or LA?
You could argue that it is fair to the northern teams who play outdoors to have every other Super Bowl warm/cold. I seem to recall a lot of teeth gnashing amongst our fans when the B12 decided to move the championship game from alternating Dallas/KC to Jerry World. Some felt playing in the cold gave us an edge.

ADVERTISEMENT