ADVERTISEMENT

Domann's Colorado Rank and Rivals Ratings

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
The article about Domann today indicated that he is the 2nd highest ranked player in Colorado this year, according to rivals. I thought to myself, a 5.6 three star is the number 2 player in Colorado? So, I looked at the rankings for Colorado and my home state (Georgia) and this is what I found:

Colorado:

Population: 5.2 Million
5 star Players - 0
4 star players - 1
3 star players - 4
2 star players - 7

Georgia:

Population 9.9 million
5 star players - 2
4 star players - 25
3 star players - 73
2 star players - 113

The multiple of players at the various levels per capita:

5 star - Georgia has 2 and Colorado has 0 - Cant do a ratio.
4 star - Georgia has 2.52/million and Colorado has 0.19/million - Georgia as 13.1 times as many per capita.
3 star - Georgia has 7.37/million and Colorado has 0.77/million - Georgia as 9.6 times as many per capita.
2 star - Georgia has 11.41/million and Colorado has 1.35/million - Georgia as 8.5 times as many per capita.

I know there are always arguments regarding star rankings, but when the numbers are this absurd, it makes you really question the validity of any of the Rivals ratings. Does anyone really believe that there are 13 times as many 4-star players per capita in Georgia as opposed to Colorado?

We're in the territory here similar to when Saddam Husein would declare that he won the election 17,000,000 to 0. It may be true that there are more good players in a southern state because of several factors, but 13 to 1 at the 4 star level? 10 to 1 at the 3 star level? I'm starting to think that the ratings are only good for the south.

Reactions: ehenningsen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News