ADVERTISEMENT

Does Nebraska have a top 10 WR room In the country?

Betts, Omar Manning, and Toure.

Not sure how anyone covers these guys. Especially with a veteran dual threat QB like Martinez pulling the trigger.

The Husker offense could be lethal next year.
These guys you listed are unproven. All have none or very little D1 experience.
Nebraska has the big studs upfront to help out but there again, RBs are all unproven.
Can the tight ends finally be explosive?
We will see.
Martinez is capable of being a steady QB and lets hope his Senior year he puts it together.

Reactions: bshirt73

Not sure how anyone covers these guys. Especially with a veteran dual threat QB like Martinez pulling the trigger.

Having been burned so many times in the past, I think we better wait until the proof one way or the other comes from multiple actual games in the Fall. Spring breakouts often become busts, injuries decimate a promising group and these days transfers happen all too often. The point is that nothing is guaranteed at this time.

Afsget.gif

Until they do it on field in a game no, but there is some talent there. Too unproven to go that bold tho.

*In theory

Top ten? Who is going to throw them the ball on a consistent basis? Martinez, the guy who has struggled mightily the last two seasons to hit open receivers? I don’t see us anywhere near a top ten receiving corps.
AD i just don't believe he can get the ball where it needs to go. His Senior year. I hope I'm wrong here. Like the kid but your right. He struggled the last couple years and with better players around him just hope its the difference to help AD.

I doubt it. To be considered a top 10 position group you have to play in a very good offense. I have yet to see a Frost NU team that can produce consistently without making mistakes.

Omar Manning himself is a question mark. Haven't even seen him consistently on the practice field, let alone games.

And then there's the usage of the WRs. Thus far Frost hasn't shown anything that would lead me to think that talented receivers could be showcased in any way. Throw the ball downfield and don't just talk about it in the spring. Do it in the fall.

Then there's the QB who sees ghosts and takes his eyes off the WRs too quickly and has no faith in his offensive line?

Too many question marks. This topic reeks of the big talk that this program is known for nationally. How about we say "Top 50" WR group and then let the team prove themselves before hyping them?

NU's rooms* all seem to be top-of-the-line. The floor coverings, the color patterns - all spectacular. It's a shame football is an outdoor sport.

*Overused term I wish could be retired.

i think NEB may surprise this season. One of the most experienced teams in the league. Veteran QB. Oldest defense in the league.
think it comes down to neb and wisconsin for the west. Injuries could have big impact. if neb avoids them then other schools should be scared of neb this season. an injury at QB or literally any other key position like WR, RB, DT, CB could alter the season.
i dont see the success transferring into the following season if Martinez leaves and the defense loses a ton.

I doubt it. To be considered a top 10 position group you have to play in a very good offense. I have yet to see a Frost NU team that can produce consistently without making mistakes.

Omar Manning himself is a question mark. Haven't even seen him consistently on the practice field, let alone games.

And then there's the usage of the WRs. Thus far Frost hasn't shown anything that would lead me to think that talented receivers could be showcased in any way. Throw the ball downfield and don't just talk about it in the spring. Do it in the fall.

Then there's the QB who sees ghosts and takes his eyes off the WRs too quickly and has no faith in his offensive line?

Too many question marks. This topic reeks of the big talk that this program is known for nationally. How about we say "Top 50" WR group and then let the team prove themselves before hyping them?
Agreed on throwing the ball down field. AM has had plenty of reasons not to trust his o line I hope that changes this year.

Short answer- No. Not even close. Doesn’t mean they won’t be effective

no laughing face this time?

full delete and repost. really must've been stewing over that one!

_5S3eP.gif

7 minute reply time to my edit/repost - not bad but I’m sure you can do better.

stopwatch-8-gif-download-stopwatch-gif-animation.gif

Last edited:

No. Not enough speed to be close to the top 10 wr groups

C'mon now. I like to be optimistic, but even "saying" these WRs could be top ten is already setting them up to fail. All are unproven as of now. Shoot for top half of our conference and go from there. Work your tail off and be focused to play. GBR.

Are we allowed to even ask questions about our team without the cynical dipshits hijacking

Not sure, but could we have a top 10 DL, OL, and TE groups? The sky is the limit for this team.

Do you think our QB position could crack the top 75 in the nation?

Reactions: huntered
Top ten? Who is going to throw them the ball on a consistent basis? Martinez, the guy who has struggled mightily the last two seasons to hit open receivers? I don’t see us anywhere near a top ten receiving corps.
Well, the qbs passed top ten in completion percentage ,now maybe the new talent will keep them there

And then there's the usage of the WRs. Thus far Frost hasn't shown anything that would lead me to think that talented receivers could be showcased in any way. Throw the ball downfield and don't just talk about it in the spring.
In Frost's first year, we had a wide receiver go for over 1000 yards

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT