ADVERTISEMENT

Does Kevin Warren know?

the fact that nothing leaked until the day the big ten voted and it was finalized suggests the big and USC/UCLA admin run pretty tight ships

really amazing how this went down
I think b1g was caught off guard but justified the halt in TV negotiations. Probably more the genius of FOX rather than b1g leadership. I think it's more FOX trying to out fox ESPN 🤔

I'm sure the move was initiated by USC and UCLA. The PAC media contract was coming up and they realized what a paltry share they were going to get relative to the B1G and SEC so they made their move request and it was accepted. Now the rumor supposedly is that Oregon and Washington have also requested admission after the USC and UCLA departure but the B1G has not yet agreed on that.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I'm sure the move was initiated by USC and UCLA. The PAC media contract was coming up and they realized what a paltry share they were going to get relative to the B1G and SEC so they made their move request and it was accepted. Now the rumor supposedly is that Oregon and Washington have also requested admission after the USC and UCLA departure but the B1G has not yet agreed on that.
Best to sit tight now. Depending on the deal given to usc/UCLA.....hoping it's the same as ours, we've stolen the cream of the crop from the pac.

Now it's wait and see how nervous ND gets and the TV deals that get inked

Best to sit tight now. Depending on the deal given to usc/UCLA.....hoping it's the same as ours, we've stolen the cream of the crop from the pac.

Now it's wait and see how nervous ND gets and the TV deals that get inked
Now that we've got them, we have to keep them happy. The only likely way to do that is bring in more PAC teams.

Now that we've got them, we have to keep them happy. The only likely way to do that is bring in more PAC teams.
Bring in Utah, Oregon, and Washington to create a western pod. Add one more team in the east to make the B1G a 20 team conference with four, 5 team pods.

Bring in Utah, Oregon, and Washington to create a western pod. Add one more team in the east to make the B1G a 20 team conference with four, 5 team pods.

Stanford or Cal should replace Utah. Don’t forget that this is also about television market size. This would give the Big 10 a strong foothold in California.

I feel Stanford is the leader for several reasons and can help capture the large San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose market.

Stanford or Cal should replace Utah. Don’t forget that this is also about television market size. This would give the Big 10 a strong foothold in California.

I feel Stanford is the leader for several reasons and can help capture the large San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose market.
I would agree although I would rather see Utah than either Stanford or Cal, because Utah is more competitive than either Cal or Stanford.

Yes Utah is more competitive but tv/market size is huge in realignment. Just ask Rutgers and Maryland.
We already have Rutgers and Maryland. I don't see how having two more teams like that makes the conference any better.

We already have Rutgers and Maryland. I don't see how having two more teams like that makes the conference any better.

I agree. That is why I think Stanford is the team that will represent that particular market especially if Norte Dame joints the conference.

I guess ucla is tied to cal someway and cal just went in debt for around 700 million for facilities, it's a shame seeing decent football teams with history just get exterminated. if we have to have a geek school, I'll take standford over cal, even though cal has better uniforms/helmets. because as said san fransicko tv market.

allthough they hate freedom of religion in some of these califonia schools, they are pretty toxic.

I know if Nebraska ever got left behind I'd rather see Nebraska in the mw then no Nebraska football at all,
so hopefully alot of these teams will find places and re adjust. looking at it from just a playing football and having fun, the big 12 looked pretty balanced.

Legit question… except for OUR perception of him, is he dll that bad of a commish? Not provoking… just asking….

Reactions: cecilB
I really could give 2 shits for ND.

I apologize in advance, but I ****ing hate all of this. This is so ****ing wrong, gross, and destructive.

So much greed causing changes. There needed to be a check and balance against this shit 30 years ago, before it got to this point.

This isn't the same sport anymore. Is anyone else feeling disinterested in waking up early, smoke the ribs, turn on early cfb? Watch cfb all day long party it up and watch Nebraska huck it?

NU is now a junior paid school. Like it or not. Our Endowment is one of the worst in the B1G as is our Enrollment.

It all ****ing sucks right now. Someone help me get off the edge. I don't want kool-aid.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Legit question… except for OUR perception of him, is he dll that bad of a commish? Not provoking… just asking….

Bottom line, He is in charge and every school is going to see their bankroll increase significantly, Nitpicking aside I would guess that is by far the most important issue as far as the leaders of each school are concerned.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Bottom line, He is in charge and every school is going to see their bankroll increase significantly, Nitpicking aside I would guess that is by far the most important issue as far as the leaders of each school are concerned.
However, he cost all the schools revenue during the 2020 season, that's not something that can be overlooked.

Hard to say no to this.

I apologize in advance, but I ****ing hate all of this. This is so ****ing wrong, gross, and destructive.

So much greed causing changes. There needed to be a check and balance against this shit 30 years ago, before it got to this point.

This isn't the same sport anymore. Is anyone else feeling disinterested in waking up early, smoke the ribs, turn on early cfb? Watch cfb all day long party it up and watch Nebraska huck it?

NU is now a junior paid school. Like it or not. Our Endowment is one of the worst in the B1G as is our Enrollment.

It all ****ing sucks right now. Someone help me get off the edge. I don't want kool-aid.
It sucks in some regards but most of us will still wake up excited on Saturday mornings during the fall. I’ve been doing it for 56 years and I’m too old to change.

There was a check and balance against this Frankenstein's Monster that we're seeing now - prior to 1984, the NCAA held exclusive control over TV rights for college football games until the US Supreme Court ruled against the NCAA. Had that Supreme Court decision not have happened or gone the other way, the big time college football landscape would probably look pretty much the same as it did in 1984 - PAC-10, the Big-10, the SEC, the Big 8, the SWC, the ACC, a handful of major Independents (ND, Penn State, etc).

Anybody know if Barry Alvarez is still involved in the B1G Admin? I know they brought him in about 6 months ago but not sure he is still involved. I trust his judgement on any of these conference expansion issues.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Are you serious Clark? Alvarez is one of the most respected coaches and AD's in B1G history.
he's a gross fat slob who should be pelted with rotten fruit every time he waddles out of his house

f*ck alvarez. he is nothing without Nebraska Football.

I guess all of the above would qualify him as being highly respected in the fat loser B1G lol

he's a gross fat slob who should be pelted with rotten fruit every time he waddles out of his house

f*ck alvarez. he is nothing without Nebraska Football.

I guess all of the above would qualify him as being highly respected in the fat loser B1G lol
Some day they will invent a sarcasm font.

I always liked and respected the guy despite the fact he was our biggest rival. Reminds me of my uncle.

Some day they will invent a sarcasm font.

I always liked and respected the guy despite the fact he was our biggest rival. Reminds me of my uncle.
I am not being sarcastic

I hate that fat turncoat's guts & hate cucked b1g fans like you who worship him for winning precisely NOTHING during his life, save for maybe a few cheese curd eating contests

He turned around their entire athletic department as AD though ... they won a lot in almost every sport ... except baseball. They were dog doo doo before him. I like cheese curds also, best when squeeky.

He turned around their entire athletic department as AD though ... they won a lot in almost every sport ... except baseball. They were dog doo doo before him. I like cheese curds also, best when squeeky.

won what?

wisconsin has never won anything. barry alvarez can get f*cked.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I am not being sarcastic

I hate that fat turncoat's guts & hate cucked b1g fans like you who worship him for winning precisely NOTHING during his life, save for maybe a few cheese curd eating contests
You've got problems dude. I understand you're disdain for the B1G as I've had similar concerns myself. But as someone else mentioned in another thread, the rational approach would be to align with the current reality. Either support Nebraska (and by extension, appreciate that we're at least IN with one of the two emerging superconferences) or go find a new team. You're just being a hateful thorn unto others at this point, and it's rather sad and unbecoming.

I personally tried to look for a new team and conference, but nothing ever really felt true. I still found myself coming here trying to keep up with all things Huskers. I recommend you try the same. Who knows, maybe you'll find a team you'd rather support and enjoy life more?

I am not being sarcastic

Yet there are those in our athletic department who call him for advice on who we should hire. Total insanity.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT