ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have thoughts on Root Beer Floats...

Deep+Thoughts+logo.jpg

Damn it is 11:00 and now I want a root beer float I don't have vanilla ice cream or root beer.... Hmm get some sleep for work tomorrow or get up and have one that's a tough decision I'm gonna ponder that on the way to the store

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Rocket Fizz has some pretty stout root beers that make great floats.

A salted caramel type ice cream makes a good float as does anything with cherry flavor.

Once tried to use Coca Cola instead of a root beer. Regretted it.

Barq's has always been my favorite for a float, though.

Curious, has anyone ever tried making an adult float; Not Your Father's or etc?

Last edited:
I can do Coke and any flavor of ice cream, but have always had to have vanilla for root beer.

What’s been your best not vanilla RB float? I’m extremely curious. This is an entire revelation for me.

Slightly different. Frequently use grape or orange pop with vanilla ice cream. But I'm a traditionalist and mostly go with root beer.

To give perspective on that, I greatly dislike alternate uniforms. There is no greater joy for me than seeing the Huskers in their road uniforms with white jerseys and red pants. Tradition is cool.

Vanilla ice cream with a raspberry lambic. It’s way better than a root beer float

Ran out of vanilla. Only had rocky road. Seemed like a bridge too far. Couldn’t make myself do it.

If you don’t like root beer floats you might as well join god damned isis

That's where you mix the rocky road and Coke. While root beer doesn't go with much other than vanilla ice cream, Coke tastes good with a number of different flavors of ice cream.

IF I'm going to eat (or do you drink??) a root beer float, you can bet your ass that mug (which has to be glass, no wiggle room on this) and the root beer, go into the freezer for a little while first....I want ice to form over the ice cream when I pour the root beer on it and I want the mug so damn frosty I can't see through the ice. You serve me anything else besides that, you're getting it back.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
You people better be damned careful with your root beer float experiments.. You old timers may recall when comedian Richard Pryor accidentally set himself on fire. At the time, rumors were swirling around that Pryor was freebasing cocaine causing the explosion. But he set the record straight when he explained what really happened. You see, his normal bed time snack routine was to dunk a cookie in whole milk before he went to bed. But that fateful night he was running low on whole milk so he mixed the whole milk with skimmed milk, which apparently created an unstable mixture that exploded when he dunked his cookie into it. Just sayin.

Not a fan of ice cream other than vanilla in a root beer float.

BTW, that good Sioux City Sarsaparilla goes well with the vanilla ice cream, friend.
giphy.gif

Beer and ice cream? Probably time to seek some help. :D

Had it at Dario’s. Lambic is maybe 3-4% alcohol. The sour raspberry goes great with the vanilla. I think I’d get full and throw up before I got drunk off of it lol.

If you think that’s bad, there’s a creamery in upstate New York that makes alcoholic wine ice cream. It’s pretty damn good as well. And has more alcohol than the lambic Eek

Had it at Dario’s. Lambic is maybe 3-4% alcohol. The sour raspberry goes great with the vanilla. I think I’d get full and throw up before I got drunk off of it lol.

If you think that’s bad, there’s a creamery in upstate New York that makes alcoholic wine ice cream. It’s pretty damn good as well. And has more alcohol than the lambic Eek

I can actually see it tasting pretty decent. Not sure if I would pick up on the alcohol taste too or not.

My wife made one with cinnamon ice cream the other day. I usually don't like cinnamon stuff, but I have to say it was pretty good.

Best part of a root beer float is the left over root beer after you eat all the ice cream. It’s this great mixture of melted vanilla and root beer. Damn I love root beer floats!

Reactions: tarheelhusker
I really like the whole vanilla - root beer - sarsaparilla - cream soda branch.
But c2o's black cherry root beer float sounds really good too.
Ted and Wally's has a lot of interesting flavors you could try also.RollingLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT