ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Think We’ll Play???

Really?

You think the Husker Online Free board determines whether or not Nebraska football is played in 2020?
Haven't you heard? We determine everything.

As of right now I'll say they start a season but don't finish it. Right now the NCAA seems to want to let the smaller entities like conferences make their own decisions so you know how that will be. PAC-12 will cancel first, SEC will cancel last if at all. Mountain West will do something and none of us will pay any attention to it.

SEC isn't cancelling unless the NCAA makes them. Somebody dies on the field in the Iron Bowl they'd be like, "YEW GOT DAYUM RAHT HE DEEYID, NEXT MAAYIN UP! ROLL TIDE!!!!!"

If the players don’t want to play they should open it up to volunteers. Dibs on all time Q

You have to be able to throw it more than 12 yards. Besides we have many board members who can throw a perfect spiral 80 yards on the money every time. They were only intercepted once, when the receiver tipped the ball up. Not even really the QBs fault.

So I can tackle someone but not be in the same room for a team meeting? Isolation of the team as a whole is probably a better approach.
Isolating the whole team isn't going to happen. Theoretically, it's probably less likely to get infected tackling someone than in would be sitting next to that person in the same room for an hour. Masks and social distancing would certainly help. Heard this discussed by Dr. David Chao, for what it's worth. He's not an expert on infectious disease, but he's not a weirdo spouting off conspiracy theory either.

Beav, all you need to do is watch that Chris Wallace interview with Trump. It shows that if you just call him on his bullshit, he has nothing else to say and everything falls apart. That just so rarely happens, unfortunately.

That interview swerved from alarming, to funny, to pathetic, so many times that it was hard to even understand what you were seeing.
Was interesting that it happened on his "home field" network. If they don't treat him nice he won't do interviews with them any more, either. We'll have to get our batshit directly from the Rose Garden and Twitter.

I think forces within the GOP smell blood in the water and they don't think sticking by his side will advance their careers any further. I imagine the proverbial "adults in the room" have told him lately that it's enough with the BS on the COVID response and it's time to do more or it's going to lose them the election. Bear in mind that Fox News is an instrument of the GOP and they will do as the GOP directs in their interviews and editorials.

We'll see who wins the battle for his decisions between the GOP, Vlad's directions, and his own arrogance.

The time for the "Oh I was never his supporter" draws nigh, I've started seeing it more and more in the wild. The GOP and their network may be done with him if they think he's a lame duck. You'll see people declaring they never really liked him up through November 10 and then if he wins 4 more they'll slap the stickers right back on the truck and run back to "owning the libs" like nothing ever changed.

Answering a question by changing the subject means you don't have a good answer. That's fine.

I'm not changing the subject... Cuomo literally sent infected people back to nursing homes causing large amounts of death... During their "lockdown" the subway system was still open until May. Yeah, population density is part of it but that dude botched it worse than anyone as I stated earlier, but that doesn't fit your agenda. No politics were mentioned. Also, I mentioned the NE botching it. Between NY, NJ, Conn, Mass they have like 40% of the death in this country. Sorry facts got in the way.

The latest SI article on what teams are going to do this year is depressing.

For one the definitions that the power five is going to use for contact tracing is extremely cautious. Basically a block or hit with the infected player is enough to get you tagged for quarantine. Coaches and administrator basically saying it be easier not to start the season if that's the case.

And even if we do start there will be no normal practice. Multiple practices a day with players broken into groups such that the entire group of ones is never taken out via quarantine at one time. Hard to see how any real football development is done this way with random bits of the team all isolate from one another.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yes I'm aware we were mostly expecting something like this but it's sad when they are finally putting it to paper.

Yes I'm aware we were mostly expecting something like this but it's sad when they are finally putting it to paper.

So, just to elaborate, what do you think of all of that? No season?

I've said it before, but I get why the Ivies were like "Nah, this isn't feasible." and just cancelled.

So, just to elaborate, what do you think of all of that? No season?

I've said it before, but I get why the Ivies were like "Nah, this isn't feasible." and just cancelled.

Yah i was in the in the no season boat way back when we started shutdown but like most others moved backed toward we'll probably try to have a season. I said something about this season because of various impacts being more of a series of spring games or exhibitions.

I couldn't bring myself to go full throated football with fans like our own JJ Rambo or coach Dabo because I wasn't seeing evidence of it from the higher ups.

Trump's admission today that this is likely to get worse before it gets better isn't likely to turn the conversation back towards a real season.

Reactions: bigboxes
Yah i was in the in the no season boat way back when we started shutdown but like most others moved backed toward we'll probably try to have a season. I said something about this season because of various impacts being more of a series of spring games or exhibitions.

I couldn't bring myself to go full throated football with fans like our own JJ Rambo or coach Dabo because I wasn't seeing evidence of it from the higher ups.
We were on our way until that cop killed the season, with ample evidence from higher ups

congrats on your ‘prediction‘, give mommy a kiss and sorry you can’t freeload to another away game w your booster friends

the amount of tissues you must‘ve gone through trolling for and posting all this bad news can probably fill the grand canyon

Would love to have a season and as I’ve stated in other threads, I quite honestly think the players are at a much higher risk if we don’t play. I know that the players aren’t really the main concern, it’s the at risk staff, coaches, etc but if these kids have no chance of playing they aren’t just going to stay inside by themselves all the time. There will be positives and there may be depleted rosters or even forfeits but I’m still hopeful there will at least be some semblance of a season this fall. But with the general idiocy and calls for “patriotism” above recognition of basic science and minimal preventative measures we’re probably effed.

We were on our way until that cop killed the season, with ample evidence from higher ups

congrats on your ‘prediction‘, give mommy a kiss and sorry you can’t freeload to another away game w your booster friends

the amount of tissues you must‘ve gone through trolling for and posting all this bad news can probably fill the grand canyon

I don't think I even have tissue in the house...

Don't give up yet .. it's not looking good but we could still have something of a season yet.

I don't think I even have tissue in the house...

Don't give up yet .. it's not looking good but we could still have something of a season yet.
Real men don't use tissues. They use handkerchiefs.Winking IF we're going to stick to the UNMC's protocols of testing and quarantines, I don't see how we'll ever get through a season without it being shut down.

ADVERTISEMENT