Do you think racism is a modern problem ?

BigCL24

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 28, 2016
Wtf are you talking about. There is racism in the World and always will be, the end. You want to start a thread about racism in the US and liberal policies, start that thread and I wouldn’t enter it.

Please point out all the racism

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I honestly just don’t see it anymore
I used to think the same way as you... But I went out one night a few years back with some colleagues of my wife from NC. White woman, her husband was of Indian descent. They both talked about the rampant racism in NC, and the white woman said she came from a wealthy family with deep southern roots. They both talked about her mother's racist comments and her disdain for the fact that she married a non-white. Several other North Carolinians that were with us vouched for and gave examples of what they continue to witness.

It was an eye opener for me. So while no one is getting lynched, or chased by bad guys in white sheets.....for us to ignore that race is still an issue is really quite absurd.

Finally I have a brother-in-law who runs a bank in this state and has admitted that he see's not only racism but gender inequity in hiring practices in and around the state. Basically said that he acknowledges that it is tougher for a minority to get ahead than a white male.

Being a white male....I'm simply not going to tell someone who feels that they are being discriminated against how they should feel or interpret their situation. With that said I do acknowledge situations in which white people are being discriminated against by hiring practices that put race at the forefront.

It's a really tough issue and clearly still plays a part in our everyday lives. Not just here but all across the world.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
expand. With real examples.
For starters:

There's evidence of widespread racial disparities in individuals being reported to the police, police using force during the [disparately likely] encounters, police arresting individuals, Prosecutors decisions whether or not to charge individuals, the degree to which prosecutors charge individuals, and the degree to which individuals are sentenced. Many of these disparities are amplified by the race of the victims of crimes of crimes, not just the perpetrators. All this leads disparately relegating African Americans to second class citizenship diminishing rights to vote, travel, bear arms, serve on a jury, become employed, use public social services, receive parental benefits.

There are historical disparities in the application of welfare, credit cards, FHA insurance, mortgages, and property values which leads to disparities in financial well-being, wealth accumulation, and inheritances to this day.

The upward mobility of African Americans is hindered despite parent's wealth and marital status, not least because black names are screened.

Race can unduly effect a doctor's treatment of individuals and racism can also lead to disparate health outcomes.

Systems of funding public schools lead to disparate racial outcomes.

BigCL24

Gold Member
May 28, 2016
For starters:

There's evidence of widespread racial disparities in individuals being reported to the police, police using force during the [disparately likely] encounters, police arresting individuals, Prosecutors decisions whether or not to charge individuals, the degree to which prosecutors charge individuals, and the degree to which individuals are sentenced. Many of these disparities are amplified by the race of the victims of crimes of crimes, not just the perpetrators. All this leads disparately relegating African Americans to second class citizenship diminishing rights to vote, travel, bear arms, serve on a jury, become employed, use public social services, receive parental benefits.

There are historical disparities in the application of welfare, credit cards, FHA insurance, mortgages, and property values which leads to disparities in financial well-being, wealth accumulation, and inheritances to this day.

The upward mobility of African Americans is hindered despite parent's wealth and marital status, not least because black names are screened.

Race can unduly effect a doctor's treatment of individuals and racism can also lead to disparate health outcomes.

almost all of which have been proven false.

BigCL24

Gold Member
May 28, 2016
I would guess Zar will next post about voter ID lol.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
For starters:

LOL - has to run to Wikipedia to parrot what the Marxists have curated for you.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
For starters:

almost all of which have been proven false.

You clearly responded without even reading a single link. Why did pose the question if you had predetermined all evidence against your preconceived notions to be false?

I don't know why I expected good-faith from our resident Qanon

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas
I honestly just don’t see it anymore
Well you are not in the right location or don't pay attention. Yes it exists. How bad is it? Well I can't really say that because I do not experience it being a white guy. I don't think it is as bad as the media plays on but like I said how would I know.

I do know living where I do in the South I hear it and see it. Hell I had to tell a guy at my house his language was not welcome and he did not think it was a big deal. Some people just do not get it.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
LOL - has to run to Wikipedia to parrot what the Marxists have curated for you.

Is any of this on Wikipedia? These are my sources and my words, any verbatim overlap is mere coincidence.

Funny how the heirs of the segregationist south continue to repel racial advancements with vacuous cries of marxism.

Huskers1588

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2019
Can you prove that almost all of these have been proven false? Please expand. With real examples,
Well for starters his source for nearly every claim is the New York Times. It isn’t debatable that they are an extreme leftist rag that puts race under a microscope. He also mentioned disparities in funding of schools. I am pretty certain that the western Omaha school districts spend LESS money per student than OPS. I’m not going to waste my time researching major metropolitan school districts, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that held in many of them. Money has been consistently thrown at inner city schools for decades and the test results haven’t really changed.

Criminal statistics easily explain WHY black people are prosecuted disproportionately. It is because they commit crimes disproportionately. That is an absolute fact. You can white knight it all you want, but it won’t make that fact go away. A better thing to debate would be how to curb inner-city violent crime, but liberals usually aren’t up for that. They’d rather take a hostile racial approach and this wouldn’t afford them that.

As for discrimination at work...???? Yeah just not seeing that. There are “diversity and inclusion” departments literally everywhere and they are overwhelmingly based on hiring discrimination in which the evil white male that Zar referred to, wouldn’t stand a chance regardless of qualifications. Black people are not being shunned out of welfare benefits. Get out of here with that claim because it’s bullshit. Zar, like most white-knight liberals, look for trouble where it doesn’t exist in areas of race concern. Why they do this I’ll never understand but probably because of white guilt being drilled into the core of their brains by leftist professors and propagandists from places like CNN. Hollywood also makes it sooo cool to hate on your own race for no reason.

Racism is alive and always will be. There’s no debating that. Is it an enormous problem? Depends how you look at it. Is the country systemically racist against blacks? No way. Is the hyper-panic that is being caused by this notion creating a huge problem? Absolutely. Riots, death, chaos and mayhem in many of the Democrat-controlled cities over the past 18 months clearly shows that. I’ve yet to see a shred of evidence that George Floyd was killed BECAUSE he was black rather than simply that you had a dickhead officer who was criminally assaulting people in his custody. Karma caught up to him.

I’ll just leave it at this to let you know how deceiving the media is: more unarmed white men are killed by police than unarmed black men. I know what your retort will be - but black males are disproportionately killed. That is true but it irrelevant to this point - how many names of white males do you know who were shot and killed by police? None is the answer. That right there gives you the answer for WHY you shouldn’t be flouting articles from the NYT to support your claims. They are very deceiving and they have an agenda to give the appearance that there a major problems when there actually aren’t. This filtered reporting is creating chaos too. They don’t care though. They want people to think cops are hunting down black males like they are sport and it is absolutely disgusting. Like I said, they don’t care though. It’s ridiculous

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Is any of this on Wikipedia? These are my sources and my words, any verbatim overlap is mere coincidence.

Funny how the heirs of the segregationist south continue to repel racial advancements with vacuous cries of marxism.
Those would be Democrats. I would never join a party with that sort of racist past.

What's your #1 best argument for evidence of systemic racism n the US? Let's talk about the top one.

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
expand. With real examples.
George Floyd and all of the other racist police behavior against black people over the past 10 years.

Of course it's still a problem. Black people get treated differently all of the time. Ask a black person if they get followed around in department stores. Ask the Republican Senator in DC how many times he has been stopped driving while black in DC.

You're clueless, man.

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
George Floyd and all of the other racist police behavior against black people over the past 10 years.

Of course it's still a problem. Black people get treated differently all of the time. Ask a black person if they get followed around in department stores. Ask the Republican Senator in DC how many times he has been stopped driving while black in DC.

You're clueless, man.
Yeah they do. They get paid a shit load of money to play sports. Sounds awesome

Reactions: Jaemekon

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Says the man with no answers. Lol. Thanks
Arrests and incarceration rates for drug use crimes.

White use at the same rate %per capita but are arrested, convicted and incarcerated at much much lower rate.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
Well for starters his source for nearly every claim is the New York Times. It isn’t debatable that they are an extreme leftist rag that puts race under a microscope. He also mentioned disparities in funding of schools.

How utterly false and absurd. 4 of my 18 sources are the New York Times. It's unquestionably not extreme left:

New York Times Media Bias Rating | AllSides

The New York Times Bias and Reliability - Ad Fontes Media

New York Times - Media Bias/Fact Check

Criminal statistics easily explain WHY black people are prosecuted disproportionately. It is because they commit crimes disproportionately. That is an absolute fact. You can white knight it all you want, but it won’t make that fact go away. A better thing to debate would be how to curb inner-city violent crime, but liberals usually aren’t up for that. They’d rather take a hostile racial approach and this wouldn’t afford them that.

Crime is a massive category with many moving parts. So to keep things as apples to apples as possible, let's look at one of the more egregious examples:

8937611765_7ae4b2aed3_o.jpg

8937611669_68b12e22c2_o.jpg

As for discrimination at work...???? Yeah just not seeing that. There are “diversity and inclusion” departments literally everywhere and they are overwhelmingly based on hiring discrimination in which the evil white male that Zar referred to, wouldn’t stand a chance regardless of qualifications. Black people are not being shunned out of welfare benefits. Get out of here with that claim because it’s bullshit. Zar, like most white-knight liberals, look for trouble where it doesn’t exist in areas of race concern. Why they do this I’ll never understand but probably because of white guilt being drilled into the core of their brains by leftist professors and propagandists from places like CNN. Hollywood also makes it sooo cool to hate on your own race for no reason.

Despite attempts to help - which you mentioned - the aforementioned study still showed disparity in callbacks for otherwise identical resumes with overtly black names. Not to mention unemployment discrepancies at every educational subsection included whites with only a high school education being employed at a higher rate than Blacks with some college education.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
agreed, I'm in an interracial marriage, most of our friends are too. We laugh all the time about the racism in America. It's nothing like it was 30-50yrs ago. Not even close
Did someone say it was?

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
Arrests and incarceration rates for drug use crimes.

White use at the same rate %per capita but are arrested, convicted and incarcerated at much much lower rate.
Arrests and incarceration for dug use/sell should be the exact same.

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
Those would be Democrats. I would never join a party with that sort of racist past.

Then it's a little weird of you to use their tactics to repel racial advancements exactly as they did.

Oh, and you know that ideology and party are not tethered:
1. Tons of Democrats left the party. A Cursory list: John Tower, Ed Gurney, Bill Dickinson, Thad Cochran, Jesse Helms, Taylor O'Hearn, WD Workman, Marshall Parker, Mills Godwin, Arthur Ravenel Jr., Jack Cox, Stanford Morse, Albert Goldthwaite, Roderick Miller, Marshall Parker, James L. Bentley, Jack B Ray, Crawford Pilcher, Alpha A Fowler Jr., Phil Campbell, Strom Thurmond, Iris Faircloth Blitch, James D Martin, Albert Watson, William C Cramer, Bo Callaway, Dave Treen, Floyd Spence, Speedy O Long, and Trent Lott. Most for explicitly racist reasons.

2. The Democratic party went from the party of slavery to, largely, the party of the KKK to: Harry Truman (D) aggressively pursuing the recommendations of the "President's Committee on Civil Rights" precipitating the break off of the Dixiecrats; JFK (D) introducing the "Civil Rights Act of 1964", the Democrat controlled Committee pushing it to a vote in the House, the Democrat controlled house passing it, the Democrat controlled Senate passing it, and LBJ (D) signing it into law; and LBJ (D) introducing the "Voting Rights Act of 1965", the Democrat controlled Committee pushing it to a vote in the House, the Democrat controlled house passing it, the Democrat controlled Senate passing it, and LBJ (D) signing it into law.

3. Republicans went from the party of Lincoln to the party of the Confederate flag, Confederate statues, and Confederate namesakes; the party more likely to disapprove of interracial marriage; and the party least likely to find racism a big problem.

4. In regards to the CRA vote, House Republicans from former Confederate States voted 0-11 (0% for) while House Democrats from former Confederate States voted 8-83 (9% for). Senate Republicans from former Confederate States voted 0-1 (0% for) while Senate Democrats voted 1-20 (5% for). In the Northern states, House Republicans voted 136-24 (85% for), House Democrats 145-8 (95% for), Senate Republicans voted 27-5 (84% for), and Senate Democrats voted 45-1 (98% for).

5. Republicans explicitly abandoned civil rights. In 1960 the Republican Party platform mentioned Civil Rights 11 times; 1964, 3 times; and by 1968 the Republican Party Platform mentioned Civil Rights ZERO times. The 1972 Republican Party platform mentions it twice, then it disappears again in 1976. Meanwhile the Democrat Party platform mentions Civil rights consistently from 1948-present.

6. The African American community knew it was happening in real time. In 1962 when asked which party "is more likely to see to it that negroes get fair treatment in jobs and housing", 22.7% of those polled said Democrats, 21.3% said Republican, and 55.9% said neither. When asked again in 1964, 60% of those polled said Democrats, 7% said Republican, and 33% said neither. In the presidential races, after a ~20 point margin in favor of the Democrats in 1956, blacks voted in favor of the Democrat by a ~33 point margin in 1962, and have maintained a minimum of a 65 point margin ever since. Party registration, for blacks, went from even (40%R/40%D) in 1944, to a ~30 point Democrat margin in 1948, to a minimum of a 60 point margin after 1964.

7. In every facet of federal government, the evidence presents itself as well. After Republicans' boasted the first 21 black Representatives in the House and the first 3 black Senators (without a single Democrat), the 116th Congress demographics were 2 black Democratic Senators to 1 black Republican Senator (only one since 1979) and 54 black House Democrats to 1 black House Republican, the 117th Congress demographics are now 2 black Democratic Senators (including the 7th since 1979) to 1 black Republican Senator (only one since 1979) and 54 black House Democrats to 1 black House Republican. Court appointments (Since Truman), Democrat-Republican, go: 1-1 in Supreme Court, 39-9 in the Court of Appeals, 143-54 in District Courts, and 6-3 in other Federal Courts. Needless to say Obama and Kamala are the first black holders' of their respective office as well.

8. In 2005, Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, apologized to the NAACP for the Southern Strategy's pandering to white racists.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's your #1 best argument for evidence of systemic racism n the US? Let's talk about the top one.

Go ahead and tackle this one:

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Then it's a little weird of you to use their tactics to repel racial advancements exactly as they did.

I know the ACLU believes this fantasy, but what about you? Are you willing to argue that police institutions are intentionally incarcerating blacks over whites? And you're also telling me that the black cops, black sergeants, black police captains, black sheriffs, etc in these cities are intentionally targeting blacks over whites because they share that same institutional racism?

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
I know the ACLU believes this fantasy, but what about you? Are you willing to argue that police institutions are intentionally incarcerating blacks over whites? And you're also telling me that the black cops, black sergeants, black police captains, black sheriffs, etc in these cities are intentionally targeting blacks over whites because they share that same institutional racism?

What exactly are you referring to as a fantasy?

Reactions: HuskerDrummer5

JOHNNY N

Athletic Director
Sep 24, 2003
Why does you not seeing racism not surprise me. If you even had to ask that says a lot....... Let me guess, racism is not a problem, but you think that the election was rigged.......
It really isn't a problem.

Huskers1588

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2019

I’m not reading that book. I don’t believe their conclusions at the top of that document. The ACLU is exactly the type of organization that I was referring to earlier. They are extreme leftists who depend upon narratives and propaganda to get people to give to them. If there are little perceived problems, there are little actual donations to them. Race-hustling is a multi-billion dollar industry. If you want actual honest debate and discourse, don’t use radicals as your source of rebuttal.

Also don’t even try to give me sources that rate the NYT as unbiased. The NYT is an extreme left publication and any reasonable person reading your attempt to dispel that idea, is laughing.

Police arrests and citations have many variables to them that go far outside of “arrests per 100,000”. What’s the rate? 4 times more likely? Are they insinuating that officers are letting white people go free when they’re caught in possession but arresting black people who are in possession? I’ll go ahead and state that the narrative is exactly that - police give preferential treatment based on skin color. However, do they mention in this article the likelihood of police interaction? Because if you factor that in and that likelihood is that black people have 4X the likelihood of interaction with police, it destroys their precious racist branding of the police. If you are in possession of marijuana and don’t have any interaction with police at the time, you certainly will not be arrested for it.

Im not sure that it is 4X, but I’ll bet it is close to that. I know it’s more. Now if you want to debate why that occurs, I suggest you look at criminal statistics that are widely available. You can go ahead and throw the douchebaggery racist accusation at me for bringing up a very relevant fact (not saying you will but it usually follows), but it won’t change the fact. My intent isn’t to make anyone look bad. It is simply to destroy the systemic racism accusation given to the police because it’s bogus. There are certainly racist officers of all colors. You’ll find that in any large pool of individuals. But, they aren’t systematically racist. The ACLU can shove that well-manicured, highly filtered study right up their ass.

Reactions: lipem and BigCL24

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
I’m not reading that book. I don’t believe their conclusions at the top of that document. The ACLU is exactly the type of organization that I was referring to earlier. They are extreme leftists who depend upon narratives and propaganda to get people to give to them. If there are little perceived problems, there are little actual donations to them. Race-hustling is a multi-billion dollar industry. If you want actual honest debate and discourse, don’t use radicals as your source of rebuttal.

Also don’t even try to give me sources that rate the NYT as unbiased. The NYT is an extreme left publication and any reasonable person reading your attempt to dispel that idea, is laughing.

Police arrests and citations have many variables to them that go far outside of “arrests per 100,000”. What’s the rate? 4 times more likely? Are they insinuating that officers are letting white people go free when they’re caught in possession but arresting black people who are in possession? I’ll go ahead and state that the narrative is exactly that - police give preferential treatment based on skin color. However, do they mention in this article the likelihood of police interaction? Because if you factor that in and that likelihood is that black people have 4X the likelihood of interaction with police, it destroys their precious racist branding of the police. If you are in possession of marijuana and don’t have any interaction with police at the time, you certainly will not be arrested for it.

Im not sure that it is 4X, but I’ll bet it is close to that. I know it’s more. Now if you want to debate why that occurs, I suggest you look at criminal statistics that are widely available. You can go ahead and throw the douchebaggery racist accusation at me for bringing up a very relevant fact (not saying you will but it usually follows), but it won’t change the fact. My intent isn’t to make anyone look bad. It is simply to destroy the systemic racism accusation given to the police because it’s bogus. There are certainly racist officers of all colors. You’ll find that in any large pool of individuals. But, they aren’t systematically racist. The ACLU can shove that well-manicured, highly filtered study right up their ass.

You're really not worth arguing with if you think everything left of fox news is extreme and you only argue in suppositions. But go ahead and look at the index, it shows each state's likelihood of black weed arrest over white. Prove to me that a random sample of those correlate with encounter rates and that those encounter rates themselves are justified.

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So why do immigrants from Africa do better financially than American blacks if America is racist? Just curious

Reactions: EriktheRed