ADVERTISEMENT

Do you buy what Scott Frost is selling?

Our defense hits harder, for sure. But they also like cheap shots... more head ducking illegal hits from our secondary than I’ve seen out of any team this year.

More talent? Nope. The recruiting classes are pitiful when you remove all the four stars who transferred.

More intensity at practice? Who knows and who cares.

He says the Nebraska program has greatly improved in his three years at the helm. He cites:

1) Strength and Conditioning
2) Talent Level
3) Practice intensity

Do you believe him? Or do you need to see tangible results (wins) before you buy in?

Has our program improved? Depends on the timeframe.

After Eichorst got fired, when our team essentially quit on Riley and Diaco, yes we’re better than that. Are we better than a Riley ‘15 and ‘16 team? NO. Those two squads would wipe their ass with any Frost led team. Tommy Armstrong is an All-American compared to AMart.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Wandale is a first round pick. Farmer will be in that conversation as well.

Unless he has a tremendous Junior and Senior season, Wandale might not even be drafted. So far he's pretty much been a less-productive JD Spielman. Wandale doesn't even have a single TD this year, and only had 2 last year.

He says the Nebraska program has greatly improved in his three years at the helm. He cites:

1) Strength and Conditioning
2) Talent Level
3) Practice intensity

Do you believe him? Or do you need to see tangible results (wins) before you buy in?

Nope, don't believe what he is selling.

I also can't smell what the Rock is cookin but that is because I have Covid. But that doesn't really matter either.

Haha but our boy AMart has a bad shoulder so his 6 yard completions will now be for only 3 yards. And Luke can only throw a 10-yard post down the middle to a fully covered tight end. We’re screwed my friend.
Simple. Receivers need to shorten their routes.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Winning is the only thing that matters. Talent, strength, and practice intensity are participation trophies.

I'd take a national championship with fat, lazy slobs over what we have now.

I think it was Frank Solich that tried the "our athletes are good citizens" excuse. Again, we're not hiring for the Boy Scouts. History only remembers wins and losses.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I don't think Wandale is actually that good. I love his spirit and drive, but he's so small and gets tackled very easily. It's probably happened, but I don't recall seeing him juke someone and get past them. He makes some nice catches and all, but I'm not even sure he is NFL material at this point. He will get better as he spends more time in the system, so it remains to be seen since he is such a young player. Great heart and drive though.
Yep, he's very overrated. Spielman was a much better player overall and he's second string at his new team.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT