ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe

Do you think we will see the second coming of Jesus Christ
We might or the earth will burn...🤷🏻‍♂️

Sure, I do. He will get time and support to do it. Yes, Saturday sucked, but we really don’t have to fly off the handle here. We have recruited pretty well and we are often playing 8 freshman on offense. We have had a ton of close losses the last two years. Heck NW is now a Top 10 type team and we outplayed them for the majority of the game and had them beat. It’s not like we are that far off. Changes need to be made and guys need to grow up and get experience, but I think we will be very good in the next couple years. I wish it had happened by now, but I think it still will soon. GBR

At this point anything he does is just shuffling around the deck chairs on a ship that struck the iceberg the minute it hired him.

It won’t be fixed until we can hire an AD that will hire a coach and hold him accountable for hiring competent assistants. The staff we have now has to be the largest joke I’ve seen in Lincoln in my lifetime, and that includes a staff that included an out of work golf coach turned position coach. Get used to it folks, we have to burn this fever out so that no Husker can ever again pines for the “Husker Way” or the “Tradition Coalition” way. The current guy has failed, but he has to sink to depths we couldn’t ever imagine to for this fever to break.

Sure, I do. He will get time and support to do it. Yes, Saturday sucked, but we really don’t have to fly off the handle here. We have recruited pretty well and we are often playing 8 freshman on offense. We have had a ton of close losses the last two years. Heck NW is now a Top 10 type team and we outplayed them for the majority of the game and had them beat. It’s not like we are that far off. Changes need to be made and guys need to grow up and get experience, but I think we will be very good in the next couple years. I wish it had happened by now, but I think it still will soon. GBR

I am definitely not seeing the improved defense. I'm not big on excuses as far as the tempo offense. That is rarely ran, and ultimately the defense is in control of how many plays it's on the field.

The offense relies on the QB run game and a 170 lb slot back. Our coaches need to stfu and coach. I cant see it. Next years schedule is more difficult. We missed Cincinnati and Wisconsin this year because of Covid, thankfully. I think I'm right. I appreciate your optimism. I want Frost here.

No, unless he makes A LOT of changes. He’s currently a 25% or something around that win percentage coach, that’s beyond pitiful and this year is all on him and his staff. Same issues are still there. Defense has no identity, offense is so disfunctional, can’t even snap the ball. We have to learn to win and once we do that (if we ever do) we have to learn to win consistently. Again if this was year 1 or 2 I’d be optimistic. But in year 3, no way, I’ve seen enough. I want to believe, but I gotta see it.

I believe in new standards for this program. Winning the West every 3-4 years. Winning a Big Ten championship 1 time every 12 years. Finishing Top 25 60 percent of the time. This isn’t what it used to be and what I thought Frost could do. I thought he would be better. But we can’t accept anything less than this otherwise we will just stop caring. We see the apathy already.

No, unless he makes A LOT of changes. He’s currently a 25% or something around that win percentage coach, that’s beyond pitiful and this year is all on him and his staff. Same issues are still there. Defense has no identity, offense is so disfunctional, can’t even snap the ball. We have to learn to win and once we do that (if we ever do) we have to learn to win consistently. Again if this was year 1 or 2 I’d be optimistic. But in year 3, no way, I’ve seen enough. I want to believe, but I gotta see it.

We can't even snap the ball or have enough people on the field to cover a punt, where the punter was amazed he could run for a first down. The Huskers lost to Illinois. Would you you bet on the Huskere beating Rutgers at a neutral site? But, but Penn State? They had 500 yards of offense and were clearly the better team imo.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I believe in new standards for this program. Winning the West every 3-4 years. Winning a Big Ten championship 1 time every 12 years. Finishing Top 25 60 percent of the time. This isn’t what it used to be and what I thought Frost could do. I thought he would be better. But we can’t accept anything less than this otherwise we will just stop caring. We see the apathy already.

I don't believe that. There is no reason Nebraska shouldn't have a stranglehold on the west. Northwestern beat Wisconsin by 10 points? I know Wisconsin had 5 turnovers. Sounds like Nebraska, right? Cant win that way, obviously.

Not after watching arguably the sloppiest, most poorly coached, and uninspired home game in Nebraska history. Oh, and 90 percent of the prior 27 games. The odds are not looking good that Frost will turn anything around. Changes in the assistant coaching staff won't do jack crap.

Reactions: red scowl
I don't believe that. There is no reason Nebraska shouldn't have a stranglehold on the west. Northwestern beat Wisconsin by 10 points? I know Wisconsin had 5 turnovers. Sounds like Nebraska, right? Cant win that way, obviously.
I think Pat Fitzgerald has proven Northwestern has some decent athletes so they will win it once in a while, Wisconsin is the cream of the crop for consistency. Iowa gets lucky once in while. I think we COULD be like Ohio State in the west. But we don’t have an elite staff so it won’t happen.

I have a better chance of seeing Santa Claus then a Nebraska victory Friday!
You lost to Purdue and NW. Iowa is an average team with a racist coach. And even if you beat a shitty Nebraska team, it won’t change either of those things.

We can't even snap the ball or have enough people on the field to cover a punt, where the punter was amazed he could run for a first down. The Huskers lost to Illinois. Would you you bet on the Huskere beating Rutgers at a neutral site? But, but Penn State? They had 500 yards of offense and were clearly the better team imo.

Sorry for quoting you. It had nothing to do with my rant.

I think Pat Fitzgerald has proven Northwestern has some decent athletes so they will win it once in a while, Wisconsin is the cream of the crop for consistency. Iowa gets lucky once in while. I think we COULD be like Ohio State in the west. But we don’t have an elite staff so it won’t happen.

We will never have the athletes that the has, but we need to be close then it's details. TOSU almost got caught. That's the kind of game the Huskers could play, but they have to recognize the opportunities. Have we set up any play for the second half. We can barely form any semblance of an offense after the first scripted series.

Frost is right, we deserve better.

At this point anything he does is just shuffling around the deck chairs on a ship that struck the iceberg the minute it hired him.

It won’t be fixed until we can hire an AD that will hire a coach and hold him accountable for hiring competent assistants. The staff we have now has to be the largest joke I’ve seen in Lincoln in my lifetime, and that includes a staff that included an out of work golf coach turned position coach. Get used to it folks, we have to burn this fever out so that no Husker can ever again pines for the “Husker Way” or the “Tradition Coalition” way. The current guy has failed, but he has to sink to depths we couldn’t ever imagine to for this fever to break.
Did you think he was a bad hire when he was hired? Just curious.

Year 3. It can be the Covid year, I guess. Do you think Frost is going to fire Chin after the season. As we watch Husker football, I wonder if head coaches know the extent of their corner. Maybe they don't give a ****.

Frost and LMC need time.

As young as we are, we'd look a lot different with a spring camp and 2 warmup non conf games (and probably one that slaps us in the face).

I'm not happy, at all, but we have to let Frost learn. He's not a fake it 'till you make it guy, he'll get there.

Not what anyone wants to hear but we have to be patient. If not, then thats a wrap, unless we get incredibly lucky with a no name coordinator.

Reactions: TerranPetteway

It has nothing to do with that. Florida wanted Frost about as badly as we did. He was the hottest coach out there. But it's looking very likely he's not as great as people thought.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Not after watching arguably the sloppiest, most poorly coached, and uninspired home game in Nebraska history. Oh, and 90 percent of the prior 27 games. The odds are not looking good that Frost will turn anything around. Changes in the assistant coaching staff won't do jack crap.

Don't want to start over, but it's too ugly. I'll be watching if Frost cuts staff after the season. That will tell me.

Frost and LMC need time.

As young as we are, we'd look a lot different with a spring camp and 2 warmup non conf games (and probably one that slaps us in the face).

I'm not happy, at all, but we have to let Frost learn. He's not a fake it 'till you make it guy, he'll get there.

Not what anyone wants to hear but we have to be patient. If not, then thats a wrap, unless we get incredibly lucky with a no name coordinator.

Trending wrong. He'll get time. I am laying my cards. I hope he succeeds. I don't think he will.

Do you think we will see the second coming of Jesus Christ
We might or the earth will burn...🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not sure what to do with this. I don't believe in the rapture, but maybe that's my failure. The Earth will burn. The entire planet or just a corn row?

Absolutely. I was on record in 2017 as saying Riley wasn't likely the answer, but for sure Frost wasn't going to be the answer. I never liked the hire, and even less so when he brought his entire staff of drinking buddies to Lincoln so that they could get big pay raises. Add in him running off Gebbia in his first year and it was abundantly clear that this whole thing was never going to take flight. He keeps blaming culture and other things, when those problems start in his office and filter their way down.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Absolutely. I was on record in 2017 as saying Riley wasn't likely the answer, but for sure Frost wasn't going to be the answer. I never liked the hire, and even less so when he brought his entire staff of drinking buddies to Lincoln so that they could get big pay raises. Add in him running off Gebbia in his first year and it was abundantly clear that this whole thing was never going to take flight. He keeps blaming culture and other things, when those problems start in his office and filter their way down.

Didn’t we pretty much know that if hired here he would be bring most of his staff with him...Not defending him but we all know who he was bringing with him..

Plenty of new Head Coaches run off players if they don’t think they can play in their system..

What your right 100% on now that this is his culture and he needs to take a look at his staff and make the tough decisions to let go of some assistance coaches that aren’t working out..

Reactions: CatColumbia

Never would have thought that we’d be in last place in the West in year 3. I would have said you’re on drugs if you were to tell me his overall record would be 10-18 in year 3. I’m beyond disappointed with how things have gone.

you obviously never watched the Texas Tech game 70-10 during Callahan's reign

Reactions: bshirt73
Frost will turn the Titanic. Why? I don't

Nebraska isn't the titanic. At times, overrated, didn’t World Herald class the Huskers a contender in 2019?

1. Northwestern - QB is so important and you need to buy in and know your identity.
  2. Wisconsin has won 4 of 6 B1G West division titles, since the West was born in 2014. They lost their #1 QB and covid-19 may have derailed their season, as it looks like the game with Minnesota will likely be third canceled game in 20/20.
  3. Iowa - 5th youngest team in College Football and youngest in B1G. Penn State, Minnesota and Iowa each lost 5 players to NFL Draft, though Iowa rebooted against both teams, after going 1-1 head to head last year.
  4. Purdue - has lost 7 of 8 to Minneosta now, and Rondale Moore was back.
  5. Minnesota - coming off historic season last year, covid-19 may have them now?
  6. Illinois - Lovie Smith's team won back to back B1G road games for the first time, since 2007 season when OC Mike Locksley was working under Ron Zook.
  7. Nebraska needs to step up in the trenches. Witnessed at Big 12 schools and Big Ten programs typically that have success. Joe Moore teams typically have success, Ohio State is one of those teams. And, they typically are strong on both sides of the line.
Scott Frost may be the next Bill McCartney. It took him his 9th season. Patience is required in life.

Quality QB play is essential, as Northwestern has shown bouncing back from 8-1 to 1-8 to 5-0 now.

If not him then who? If he truly knows how to do it, he will. I don't know of anyone else who is going to "get it" more than he will about what it is to coach at Nebraska. You won't be able to name a coach in America who will want to succeed at NU more than he will. If it truly takes 4-5 years to fix what ails Nebraska, then Scott Frost is the only person who is going to get 4-5 years of grace to make it happen.

I don't know how you create a team that is mentally tough and consistently nasty out of the rot and the softness that we had at Nebraska. I really don't. I guess you have to load up on nasty dudes who just are mentally tough and maybe that takes a really long time.

The longer I think about it, it's not that surprising that this team lays an egg against any given opponent. That's who they've been for a long time, was it really going to just disappear because some time went by?

I don't think they'll get better on offense until they can establish SOMETHING that they can do well. It's like they try to do everything, every week you see this raft of new plays you haven't seen before. How are you supposed to win like that?

I think you put Frost and Lubick in that dark alley and gun to their head ask them "What does your offense do really well?" you got em dead bang. Because NU doesn't do anything well on offense. Not consistently. Nobody expected that in year 3.

I've seen evidence of improvement at least on the defensive side of the ball. It didn't show Saturday and to me it's 100% a coaching issue. I hated the personnel they used against a team that showed early and often it was going to run at you a lot. The lack of consistency is disappointing and worrisome. There have been more moments this year where I've thought the play at all 3 levels of the defense looked pretty good than I recall from last year.

horrible take
this is what made Nebraska football
What made Nebraska football was sloppy, undisciplined play on offense, clueless defense and special teams that couldn't even get 11 guys on the field, let alone do their job? Interesting...

I always thought that Nebraska's strength had hiring a strong set of assistant coaches who fit to the head coach's preferred identity on both sides of the ball, and then allowing them to recruit and coach players to fit those roles. You know, finding the right body types to develop kids in the weight room and on the practice field into being All-Conference, All-American or even trophy award winners along the lines. Finding athletes on defense who could play safety/OLB and finding ways to get the studs on the field. I could go on, but what made Nebraska football successful most certainly wasn't the head coach and his drinking buddies making sure they had the latest edition of Golden Tee virtual golf installed in their office lounge.

Right now, I've not seen us do none of the things that made Nebraska successful. Our WR group is full of below average athletes that do not seem to block or run routes well at all and when they are asked to run routes, are not capable of getting separation. We have a QB room that has gotten objectively worse each season they have been with the program. Let's see, what else, oh yeah, I'm not sure what is too far off, our center's snaps or him being in the wrong position. We could go on, but you should be getting the point.

It's time for fans like you to spend a few more years burning out this fever. If Scott Frost had graduated from any other school, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. He wouldn't have ever been hired, but he sure as hell would've been fired by now. Instead, there are fans out there begging for XX more years of this so that they feel they can right the original sin of Husker Football in this century, which is arguably Firing Frank Solich "too soon". I say arguably, because we waited too long to fire Solich, but the original sin was actually thrusting him upon us in the first place, which is actually TO's fault.

I get that fans wanted a "familiar" face, and now they have one, it's just hard to recognize a face that has been punched into oblivion as familiar. It would be more prudent for NU to have a public bonfire and light his annual salary on fire, we would end up with just as many football wins, and give fans something more entertaining than his dreck product.

Reactions: T...Chafes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT