ADVERTISEMENT

Do any of you have other hobbies?

Making sausage. My goal is to make italian sausage like you get around Chicago.
Oh, and taking drugs (legal ones)

Have you tried this place?

http://hotgdog.com/specials.php

I used to go to Hot Doug's all the time (they were in my neighborhood). This is a place with two of his former chef's/line cooks. Italian Sausage and Anduille were awesome.. along with the Duck Fat Fries

My young kids keep me from hobbies most of the time. But I love to fish. They’re just getting old enough to take them. That will be nice when they can go with me.

I am going to Canada this year on a fishing trip. Which is very exciting. About 12-16 guys go every other year. My uncles and cousins.

Also, I love to cook, grill and smoke.
Damn I envy you. Canada is on my bucket list. We go up to a resort about 45 min south of the Canadian border in Minnesota every year for a week. The fishing is generally good there I can't imagine how good Canada is.

#1 saltwater fishing
#2 Husker football
#3 freshwater fishing
#4 concerts
#5 billiards

Golf was high on the list until my back called it quits on that...

Last edited:
Damn I envy you. Canada is on my bucket list. We go up to a resort about 45 min south of the Canadian border in Minnesota every year for a week. The fishing is generally good there I can't imagine how good Canada is.

We’ve been to a couple places. All in Ontario. Let me know if you’re ever planning a trip. It’s a blast. And with a dozen or so guys, somebody is bound to catch something enormous.

We go where we can catch three species (smallies, walleye and pike). It’s worth the hassle of going to the Great White North.

We’ve been to a couple places. All in Ontario. Let me know if you’re ever planning a trip. It’s a blast. And with a dozen or so guys, somebody is bound to catch something enormous.

We go where we can catch three species (smallies, walleye and pike). It’s worth the hassle of going to the Great White North.

Been to Lac Seul Ontario the last two years, such a blast.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Seriously. My mother in law from Costa Rica lives with us. She is almost 92 and her Alzheimer's is pretty bad now. Thankfully I have always had numerous interests and I agree that to reduce the chance of these diseases, one should almost always keep the mind busy.
I won't argue but that still doesn't slow it down, my dad loved to read books he would read a paperback novel ever day in the winter, and he loved doing math working with wood
My main hobby is collecting aluminum cans in the back of my 1991 geo and turning them in for cigarette money
what happened to the 1976 gremlin?

History and geography, economics, researching cattle genetics, anything Huskers, NASCAR.

Going to try my hand at beekeeping and raising honey this year.

History and geography, economics, researching cattle genetics, anything Huskers, NASCAR.

Going to try my hand at beekeeping and raising honey this year.
I know of several guys that have bees, one in western Jefferson county, processes honey to be sold. Has to have his place inspected since the honey is sold publicly

I know of several guys that have bees, one in western Jefferson county, processes honey to be sold. Has to have his place inspected since the honey is sold publicly
I am just going to play with it for my own use and give to family and friends if I have extra. I love honey. Use it on cereal instead of sugar and great on biscuits

I missed the feeders banquet last night, had other plans
Really good crowd. Don't think they could have gotten another table set up. FFA chapters from bruning/Davenport, deshler, shickley, Hebron, and fairbury were given tickets to attend. Class act by the Feeder's.

I play in a 60s - 00s band with Mick Stoltenberg's uncle. Mick recently started playing guitar with us too, and his uncle is pissed that Mick got so good in such a short period of time. :D Mick is pretty darn good and can shred on his Vox amp. He also got his uncle hooked on the Vox sound, and he just bought a hand-wired Vox AC-15. Looking forward to hearing it scream.

We play Beatles, Stones, Monkees, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty, Kiss, Talking Heads, U2, Foo Fighters, Lemonheads, Elvis, Gin Blossoms, Cracker, Oasis, Bob Seeger, Eagles, Van Morrison, REM, The Cult, Sublime, Elton John, Neil Young, and even Violent Femmes. We've actually gotten pretty good for a bunch of guys that haven't taken it too seriously.

Also enjoy going to see bands as often as I can, seeing good movies, going to the gym, and golf sometimes.

I won't argue but that still doesn't slow it down, my dad loved to read books he would read a paperback novel ever day in the winter, and he loved doing math working with wood

what happened to the 1976 gremlin?

It married a Pinto. The kid was a Commodore Pet.

Reactions: Baxter48
I play in a 60s - 00s band with Mick Stoltenberg's uncle. Mick recently started playing guitar with us too, and his uncle is pissed that Mick got so good in such a short period of time. :D Mick is pretty darn good and can shred on his Vox amp. He also got his uncle hooked on the Vox sound, and he just bought a hand-wired Vox AC-15. Looking forward to hearing it scream.

We play Beatles, Stones, Monkees, Cheap Trick, Tom Petty, Kiss, Talking Heads, U2, Foo Fighters, Lemonheads, Elvis, Gin Blossoms, Cracker, Oasis, Bob Seeger, Eagles, Van Morrison, REM, The Cult, Sublime, Elton John, Neil Young, and even Violent Femmes. We've actually gotten pretty good for a bunch of guys that haven't taken it too seriously.

Also enjoy going to see bands as often as I can, seeing good movies, going to the gym, and golf sometimes.
Color me impressed!!!!

Speaking of Fender's, take a listen to these two being played by Marty Stuart and Kenny Vaughan, outstanding!

When I lived in Denver I used to go to a bar called Cricket on the Hill that had incredible live music. Kenny Vaughn was just starting out and played with a retro rock band called The Rock Advocates every Friday night. You can check out some videos of them on Youtube and even see the back of my head in one. It was pretty obvious even then that he was destined for greater things.

Oh, and there was another band that played Tuesdays called The Kelly Moon Group. They had a back up singer and drummer who played with Bob Seger before he hit it big. One night Bob came in to listen to the band and Ankie, the back up singer, introduced me to Bob. We sat there the rest of the night, listening to music and talking. I was almost petrified at first but as the beer and whiskey flowed I loosened up. Bob Seger is a great guy to sit and BS with over quite a few beers.

Last edited:
When I lived in Denver I used to go to a bar called Cricket on the Hill that had incredible live music. Kenny Vaughn was just starting out and played with a retro rock band called The Rock Advocates every Friday night. You can check out some videos of them on Youtube and even see the back of my head in one. It was pretty obvious even then that he was destined for greater things.

Oh, and there was another band that played Tuesdays called The Kelly Moon Group. They had a back up singer and drummer who played with Bob Seger before he hit it big. One night Bob came in to listen to the band and Ankie, the back up singer, introduced me to Bob. We sat there the rest of the night, listening to music and talking. I was almost petrified at first but as the beer and whiskey flowed I loosened up. Bob Seger is a great guy to sit and BS with over quite a few beers.
That's an awesome story, I'm a big fan of his music.

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
Recreational cycling - mainly gravel roads on my cross bike, but also some road and single track. Probably going to do the "Tour De Nebraska" ride again this year. Just bought a fat tire bake last fall to add to the collection.
Playing the drums. Was in a garage band with some like minded middle-aged folks for a few years, thinking about doing it again but haven't been motivated enough.
Home improvement projects.

Reactions: skintight
As for my hobbies, right now they are mainly getting settled into my house in Lincoln and recovering from knee replacement surgery. However, when I have time I do have a number of hobbies:

I collect LP's and vintage stereo equipment
I write; I recently finished the final rewrite of a novel and once things get less hectic I will get it out on the market
I rescue Great Danes. Have an 18 month girl coming from Colorado shortly.
I am a model railroader. Need to get my layout set up here in Lincoln.
I collect old and rare books on esoteric subjects like UFO's and the occult.
I hope that with both knees replaced I can get back out and about doing things like fossil hunting and checking out allegedly haunted places.
Working on and driving my 1968 AMX

Cutting down trees
Sabotaging catalytic converters
Pouring oil in fresh water sources
Feeding beans to cows so that they fart more

Reactions: Catch50
ADVERTISEMENT